Monday, October 1, 2007

Heaven's Having a Birthday Party!



"To touch and to feel the memory of your smallness fills my heart with the blessing & reality of you".

Yes, today our lil' Miss Ava Noel is celebrating her first Birthday celebration up there in Heaven, and I'm sure she's flaunting those wings of hers! At least that's what I'm imagining.

I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'm sitting here thinking about her and looking at her pictures, and for right now I'm smiling. I'm not crying... I've already done plenty of that these last few days and I want this day to be a happy one... it's Ava's day!

It's been a tough week for sure. We have been recounting the arrival of Ava, and missing her immensely! We have had the challenge of being bombarded with heavy emotions this week and we have been having second, third and fourth thoughts about whether or not we should even try again to bring another child into our lives. Mugi and I are BOTH scared, but we are both strong too, and our strength combined overpowers the fear we have. So today is a GREAT day... it's a day of reflection, and a day for resolution!


HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, baby girl!!! Mama and Daddy miss you and love you!

15 comments:

Tannis said...

**HUGS** to mommy and daddy on this special day! Happy Birthday Ava!

Andrea, whatever decision you guys make, I know you will make with your hearts! You are definetly strong people! I'm here anytime you want to talk!
Tan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angel Ava!!!!

Andrea, you know I have been thinking about you this week but, today more than ever. It's been a long journey for you and Mugi to get to this day but you've had eachother, your faith,and your friends and family.
Ya'll have been through alot so whatever decision ya'll make I'm here for ya girl...right behind you. For what it's worth, you guys will make awesome parents.
Allison S.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys i found you through alison's blog. I have just read through your blog and I know you don't know me but I feel like I know you!! My immense love is sent your way on this very special day for celebrating angels. My brother and sister in law went through this 2 years ago and wondered if they'd ever have the faith to try again, last week they had a beautiful baby girl, so have faith you sound like a truly amazing person I wish the very best from heart to yours.
Thank you for sharing yourself so honestly
All the best
Kirsty (all the way from australia)

Anonymous said...

I've seen your gorgeous layouts about your daughter. Happy birthday you precious angel.

Anonymous said...

Hi found you through Allison. My heart goes out to you, happy Birthday little Ava. Heaven is indeed having a party! My friends lost their baby on his birthday 3 years ago and did have another child not too long after. Hope your heart is filled with Peace and a few smiles today. Ava is so cute.

Fink said...

Happy Birthday Ava! I am sure you are having a great day making God and the other children laugh! I also know that you want your parents to be happy and not have such heavy hearts because for every day your bring sunshine into their hearts!

Melissa said...

Just found your blog... relieved to see that it's pretty new and I haven't been missing much!

And special birthday wishes to your little angel in heaven!

Elizabeth said...

Andrea! What a blessing you are to others!!! You know what.. I am praying that God give you the desires of yours and Mugi's hearts. He will bless you in ways you least expect! Hang tight sister!!!!!

Kim Mraz said...

Happy Birthday angel.
huge hugs to you and your family Andrea

Suzanne said...

You are one strong woman. Your optimism really and truly is awe inspiring! I agree, God will definitely bless you and your hubby! It took my husband and I 10yrs to have our first...and that's not from lack of trying! Keep your chin up girl...take care!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sweet angel ava! and big hugs to you andrea.

Stampin' Meg said...

Hugs to you and Mugi, Andrea.
I am picturing a lot of balloon filled clouds for Ava at her party and angels in party hats :::: smiles::::

Rachael said...

Sending you super big hugs!!

Your layouts are such a beautiful memory of her!!

Mireille said...

Big big hugs to you..
Happy birthday little angel

Memawsboy said...

Super big hugs. I love hearing and seeing so much faith in God.
what a blessing you are to others.