It is my most favorite time of the year, and by the time September rolls around I can hardly stand it. I get so giddy and eager for October and all I can think about is getting out those fabulous Fall decorations! I love October and I wish that I could celebrate the glory and the beauty of it all year long!
And on the subject of decorations, I like to collect new ones every year. I got a few additions new for this season, and must say that they are definately some new favorites. I snapped some pictures yesterday, so thought I'd share them here in case anyone else is a Fall freak like me! This first one is so adorable...I found it when I was out shopping on Tuesday at one of my usual Primitive/Craft store haunts. With all the rage of "felt" being used in scrapbooking, I really couldn't help myself from getting this. Besides, it's perfect for holding my chocolate stash! Lol!
Here's another thing that I saw and had to have when I saw it. He's my new guy (Move over Mugi...there's a new guy in town)! I was visiting my parents a few weeks ago and we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Of course that place can't just have great Chicken-n-Dumplins, it has to have the cutest darn stuff to buy too! I saw Mr. Pumpkin
I had to have him, but I didn't bring my purse with me... so my good ol' Dad bought him for me! He's perfect, as he doesn't give me any attitude...lol! Anyway, he sit's on his bench in our entry way, and he just makes me smile when I see him!
This next item, is my most favorite, as it was really one of those things that I got on the spur of the moment. It was bought on a whim, but I really wanted it because it looked so charming. I got this old rustic mirrored-door stand last October. It was shortly after losing Ava, and it was actually the first that I went out by myself for the day. I remember feeling very sorry for myself, but I had to get out and I ended up going to one of my favorite places, "The Street of Shops". This place is amazing because it has like 125 little shops all nestled together...very quaint. There's also many antique dealers there too, which I like! I came across this piece and called Mugi up right away on the cell phone to see if he'd mind if I bought it. He said, "go ahead, get whatever you want". But I quickly realized I had no way of getting it in our car for the ride home. After some quick thinking, I called up my sister-in-law, Wendy, and luckily she was at home. She promptly came over to Lewisburg with their truck and picked it up for me.
I love this, because I can imagine using it for all holidays...
Next will be Christmas!!
Well, I suppose that's enough about my decorations for now. I'll show more pix later I'm sure, but Mugi called and he's coming home from work a little earlier than expected and he's hungry. I'm off to make something quick to eat!
Later! Andrea






11 comments:
Love that stand!!! It's darling!
Those decorations are SO SO cute!! I especially love the felt bag... what a great idea!
oooh I wish my hubby would let me get what I want...that could be scary though...we'd have like 12 doxies running around.
I absolutely looove your new fall decorations...favorite is the mirror though...awesome. Love fall too but the colors don't match my decor...hehe! You'll have to post more pix of your house...have the feeling we have the same taste.
So glad you have a blog!!!!
Allison
ps. check out my name on here too...very cool!
Totally cute decorations! I love this season too! Just wish I had some cool decor to decorate with... gotta get on that. :)
Your decorations are darling! Fall is my favorite season too. I think I need to start decorating.
Love that mirror!
Gorgeous stuff! I really love that mirror stand!
Congrats on your blog my dear!! We are Fall Freaks around here too. DH works as little as possible during the month of October....I think we are just so excited the heat is over!
Love your decorations....Now I need to get mine out and buy some new stuff.......(thanks a lot for making me feel behind....lol!!) I can tell you are an awesome decorator!! Happy Fall to you!!
How pretty!! I love the stand!!!
Most of my decoration are on the creepy side, BUT I totally get the collecting. Love fall/ halloween/ thanksgiving decorations!!!
I love fall also. My grandson's birthday is on halloween. so we have lots of fun. that mirror stand is wonderful.
Love all of your decorations, especially the door stand! It's a fabulous piece and I hope you smile when you look at it!
Post a Comment