One of my favorite things to do in October is to attend a tiny community festival in Alexandria, PA each year. The festival is called, Hartslog Day, and there are many arts and crafts stands lined up along the street with artisians selling their beautiful work. I had attended Hartslog for a few years and told my brother Jim, that he should have a display of his ducks set up at the festival. I finally convinced him after about 2 years of nagging and he applied and was accepted. So this past Saturday was Hartslog Day and it was the 4th year for him to be involved in selling at the event. Here's a picture of his display from the day...
He couldn't attend this year though because he was selected to teach at a carving competition in Maryland, so my sister-in-law, and 2 of their friends set up for the festival, and I went along and helped a little too. All in all it was a wonderful day! He sold pretty many ducks (along with a few woodpeckers, a pufin and a rainbow trout and a bass). The weather was thee perfect Autumn day with the crisp nip in the air, just the way I like it. There was also plenty of great festival food to indulge in. I had a slice of my favorite pumpkin cream cheese roll and the ever so yummy, smothered cheese fries!
Not much else has been going on this week here with me. I've been pretty laid back with almost zero motivation... don't know why though. Yesterday Mugi had some training that he had to attend for his work and it was in Mount Pocono which is about 2 and 1/2 hours from here. He asked me to go along with him for the ride and I did... hoping there would be a nice scrapbook shop closeby. I'll just say that I sure got my share of Wal-Mart, as I walked around that place for over 2 hours! The area of Mount Pocono leaves little to be desired for me. I spent the rest of the time waiting for him in the car, looking through my scrap mags. I wish I would have Googled the area before leaving... there may have been some place close that I could have driven to. Ohhh well.
I did get a little bit of a scrap fix in the mail though. I'd been wanting the BasicGrey "Periphery", ever since it debuted, so I finally ordered the collection plus chipboard and I also ordered a bit of "Mellow" for good measure. 
Then I got another super package that was sent by a sweet, sweet internet scrap-friend, Amy Tara Koeppel. More BasicGrey! She sent me a bunch of "Obscure" to play with.
Now I have lots of new goodies to use if only I could get myself some new Mo-jo!






9 comments:
First that looks like some fun goodies to play with! Also, your brother has a very cool talent! I think his work is amazing!
Wow!! What talent!! That cannot be an easy thing to do!!
Have fun with your new goodies!!! :)
whoa...your brother is amazzzing!
Have fun with those yummy scrapbooking goodies :)
I love the craft your brother does, that's amazing stuff!!!!
Ha...my grandfather was a carver and painter also. How funny! Your brother is one amazing artist. Carving is not an task.
hmmm...not a big fan of Wal-Mart anymore. Oh, the things we do for our husbands.
Get your mojo back so I can see what cool stuff you do with your new goods.
Allison S.
Your brother has an amazing talent. My grandfather craved and made so many thing with his hand.
Your brohter's talent is awesome!!! I love carved ducks. I have purschased two for my DH in the past. So sorry to hear you didn't have fun on your trip with Mugi! Bummer!! And your scrapbooking goodies look awesome.
awesome awesome goodies!!!!
and your brother simply ROCKS!
Girl.. so glad your blogging too now..
I simply have to TAG you..
so uhmm
TAG!
(details are on my blog!)
Those ducks are just awesone- your bro is very talented. I got a couple of the little BG paper packs too- they are a nice cheaper affordable fix!
Post a Comment