Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Looking Ahead... And NOT Turning Back!

That's for dang sure! I'm so elated that 2007 is behind us. It's been one tough, emotional year and I want to move on to brighter moments, so I pray that 2008 is filled with them for me and my family... we desperately need them! But don't get me wrong; I don't regret what all we've been through and a won't forget the difficulties we've faced, because it's through these aspects that we have grown. I just hope for more strength and ways to be more positive and focused. I'm optimistic for this new year.

So, New Year's was quite uneventful. We didn't do a thing. I took zero pictures. In a nutshell, we were being boring people. I don't know, I always feel as though New Year's is all so much hype. But yea, I made a few appetizer type finger foods for us to snack on, we watched the ball drop in Times Square and then all most immediately after, we went to sleep... real exciting stuff! There's always next year... lol.

Nothing much going on this week, but I am excited because I just got my entry submitted for the 2008 Design Team Call at one of my favorite places... Create My Keepsake (CMK)!

We had to submit a questionaire along with 3 projects (a card, a layout and an altered item). I had so much fun doing all of these over the weekend. Here's my card that I did...

~ SHABBY FLORAL FLOURISH CARD~
We had to use common product on the card in a unique way and I choose to use the "negative blank" of the chipboard flourishes from fancy pants designs...


Here's my layout then which had to incorporate at least 4 products from the same manufacturer...

~ A Perfectly Matched Corsage ~


I chose to work with my favorite, fancy pants designs, and actually used 5 of their products on here... patterned paper(Kewl and Botanical), acrylic Chic Alpha stamps, Sassy buttons, Sassy crocheted posies, and chipboard flourishes.

Then finally for my altered piece, I had this old ugly letter/bill wall organizer hanging up in my kitchen, and I have been thinking about fixin' it up for awhile now, so I had an excuse to play around with it. Here's what it looked like before...



and now this is what it looks like after...


Here's some top, middle and bottom close-up pix too...



I think it looks sooo much better now! For this I used Christine Adolph paper by Creative Imaginations and I used antiquing gel medium over the paint to add a distressed, shabbiness to the piece. Well, it's all submitted now, so there's no turning back here either! My fingers are crossed :)

27 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Andrea! I LOVE your stuff girlie!! You will for sure make this team, your stuff is just so classy, fun, and bright!!!! I will be praying that this team is the right fit for you chickie!!!

I am right there with ya on the whole New Year's thing.. It was fun, quiet and unexciting and I forgot to take photos as you know!!!

Stephanie Jedlicka said...

LOVE your entry!! All of your designs are great! :) Good luck to you!

CJensen said...

Awesome projects Andrea! Good luck with the DT!

I hope your 2008 brings you much Happiness!

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on the New Year's thing. We stayed home...have everyyear. I'm pretty paranoid about going out on that night. I did have a glass of champagne though and it hit me like a ton of bricks...hehe!
Your projects are stunning...amazing!!!!!!!
I am completely blown away with your altered one. Toatally brilliant and I love the colors.
Good luck on your submission and let us know the outcome.
Allison

Anonymous said...

great projects! I really like your style.

Linda said...

OK so....wowowowowowzer...I totally love all of this awesome scrappy stuff, but that flourish card just rocks. What a great idea on how to use those chipboard leftovers. I have that same set, I guess I'm gonna have to get busy....Awesome job...thanks for your sweet comment on my lo.

Linda said...

btw, I would so vote for you on that DT spot...good luck.

Memawsboy said...

Love your stuff. The altered item is so great and what you did with the chipboard is cool.
Just wanted to let you jnow I love reading your blog.
Praying for you a wonderfull new year and many blessings.

Rachael said...

Here's to a wonderful 2008 for you!!!

What fabulous projects!! The card is so pretty!!

Good luck with the DT!!

Jenna Franklin said...

LOVE the card! And so excited to see the altered mail holder - I have one sitting here waiting for me to decide on papers!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your work! So glad I found your blog....Good Luck on the DT entry!!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Andrea this is one totally incredible entry!!! I bet we'll be hearing that you made the team...and if not, well you know how that goes, your entry is amazing and you certainly deserve a spot!!! LOVE it all (and how flipping clever was it to alter that key holder AND use the negative chipboard AND your layout is so fun and and and and...well I could go on and on...you rock girl!!!!)

Debbie Sherman said...

Andrea...these are all so beautiful. Hope things are wonderful for you in 2008. Youso deserve it girl!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the DT Andrea, your work is GORGEOUS so they would be mad not to pick you.

May 2008 be a happy , healthy and peaceful year for you both. !!!!

CJensen said...

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!

Anonymous said...

You have been doing some really cool stuff! your card is fantastic. I love love love that idea.....hope you don't mind, but you will be seing me copy that!!
Happy New Year to you....mine was simple too. What can I say, I was at a hunting club...yea haw!! [insert a little sarcasm!] LOL!!

Stampin' Meg said...

Good luck with the design team. I have a bill holder just like that but am too chciken to alter it-yours looks FAB!

~Nancy~ said...

Ooww.. your new creations are awesome girlie! And I'm so happy that you've applied for the DT search at CMK!! You'll fit right into their team with your beautiful work!!!!!

Suzanne said...

now you know I think these pieces are absolutely awesome! I soo love what you did with the altered project. That came out so awesome! You do good girl...they'd be a fool not to take you on as a member! Good luck!

Aleta said...

those are so awesome!!! were can I put my order in! :D

Melissa said...

happy 2008!

love your DT entries!-wishing you lots of luck, but dont think you need it ;)

Fink said...

What wonderful projects you submitted! Good luck! Thanks for your kind words in my absences!

Mireille said...

girlie this is absolutely beautiful. SO crossing my fingers for you!! HOpe 2008 will be YOUR year!!
(and about your comment.. when we were home we realised that we only took pics of the kids.. about 300 kids pics all together.. and not one single one of the four of us.. can you believe that.. O.o not too smart!)

Staci Compher said...

Andrea!! thanks for all the support you give..{{hugs}}...Good luck with the DT entry!! they look beautiful....can't believe what you did to that bill/mail holder....awesome...2008...has to be better for all of us...

Jennifer Davis said...

Beautiful projects! Especially love the bill holder, that's such a great idea, thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

Shelly Brewer said...

lots of great stuff!!!

Candi Ladwig said...

Good luck with your DT, the mail sorter is really cute!!!