Friday, February 29, 2008

Staying Busy...

Yep, and I guess that'll be my excuse for not keeping up with the bloggin' in over a week or two. My big fat Birthday occured this month, on the 16th. The roses up in the top photo there were from my sweetie... to help brighten my day a bit! They were gorgeous, and the first time he ever got me "pink" ones. But, those roses were thee ONLY bright spot of my day. There was nothing else great about turning 35 I'll tell ya! It just kills me that I'm that age already. Sooo much more that I wanted to accomplish by this time and it just makes me sad that I don't have either of my babies here with me (I wanted to have our family complete by this age). I guess I need to resort to the fact that those were my plans, but God obviously has others! Now I can be glad that I still have 5 years left til that #40 creeps up, lol! My parents also sent me the perfect Birthday card and it was actually the first time I ever cried from reading a Birthday greeting. Here it is...
It says, " Daughter, In the scrapbook of my heart, there are so many pages that carry your name...I have so many memories of you laughing and having the time of your life, celebrating milestones, sharing hugs with family and friends. Every year you keep adding to that collection, precious keepsakes that show how much you love and how very much you are loved". What a terrific card, and so perfect for a scrapbooker!
This week Mugi has vacation so we've been having a lot of fun doing this-n-that! Earlier in the week we took off to Lancaster, PA for a few days and did some shopping at the outlets and eating out a ton, cause we both love to do that. I even got to drag him around to some scrapbook places too, but he doesn't mind because that gives him more opportunities to play with his GPS system! We did some antiquing too, but didn't get anything. Here's some fun new stuff that I did get while we were there though...




Of course, a good heaping of scrap stuff (just what I needed)!



At the Yankee Candle Store I stocked up on some of my favorite new fresh scents, Vanilla Lime, Sage & Citrus and Island Spa. These are all sooooo good, but that Vanilla Lime is just insane!


At one of the Tanger outlet shops I found these adorable teddy bears wearing smocks embroidered with names. Of course I looked and they had an "Ava bear". Mugi told me to get it, and so I did...



















Then last, I bought a sweet lil' birdie that I found at the "Flower & Craft Warehouse" (A favorite place to shop around for needful things)! Isn't he a cutie?

The rest of the week we've been just hanging out at home and doing some early spring cleaning of sorts. I had him go through his closet and get rid of clothes he no longer wears, or didn't want anymore. It's amazing because we bagged up 2 large trash bags of his dress pants and jeans and shorts, plus about 15 hangers of shirts, and yet it still doesn't look like a dent was put into his closet. So later next week I'll make a trip to Goodwill to drop it all off. Today we tackled organizing and re-arranging stuff in our computer/scrapping/guitar room I'll take some pictures of all my changes soon. I still have a bit yet to organize.
I think tonight we are gonna play some Sequence, and stay up late together watching some TV and I think I'll pop a pizza in the oven.
I must say that I love when my hubby is at home... it's the best to spend so much time together. I wish he didn't have to go back to work next week!

21 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday! The flowers are beautiful! You have such a sweet husband!!

What a wonderful card too! Wow! :)

Cheer up!! Here's a big hug from me! :)

Looks like a lot of fun was had in Lancaster! I just bought Island Spa today and want Vanilla Lime and Lemon and Lavendar so bad!! LOL

I love Flower Craft Warehouse too! So fun!

vintage girl at heart said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! And what Beautiful roses!!! So happy that you and Hubby had such a wonderful time together... don't ya just love shopping like that...
That bear is so sweet, how nice that you found one with Ava's name on it. I wish you much happiness in the coming year and all of God's Blessings!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Belated Birthday girlie! You SO deserve to be treated like a queen! What a wonderful man you have in Mugi and I know you love him so much!!!!!!

And you're right, if we lived close to one another we'd be hanging out all of the time girl I just know it!!

I love all of your finds and how much fun you had together too. I love it when Dayv is home too almost makes me dislike him working {but it's that working that keeps us afloat!!!} and I am blessed to have the same kind of wonderful man that you do!!!! God is good!

I hope that you find peace!

Trish said...

happy late birthday - I know what you mean, I turned 37!! couple months ago -it doesn't feel like I am 37....pretty roses and great card (and of course I LOVE the scrap stuff)

Trish said...

p.s. thanks for the comment! I went crazy ordering scrap stuff (I still have 3 internet orders yet to arrive :) but I rarely do that, so that's ok! hope you have a good day

Suzanne said...

*smiling* from ear to ear! Look at all those goodies you got girl! and roses to boot! those are beautiful..I'd rather go with a non tradional red rose.

CJensen said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Looks like you got some good stuff!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! The roses are beautiful! I know you enjoyed them!

I know you know this....35 is just a number....cheer up...{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}.

I am loving your blog!

Memawsboy said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I love the Roses. I would love to run around just here and there for a few day. My DD turned 31 tody.

Kathleen Summers said...

Hey girl - happy belated b-day. I totally get the "not happy about turning age ____ " thing. I just turned 39 and I seriously can't believe it! And apparently, we weren't finished with our family yet either!! God gave us a big surprise and I'm going to have this baby any minute now!

Thanks for coming by my blog for a visit awhile back - so sorry it took me so long to come visit yours!

XOXOXO,
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ( a little late ;))
Looks like you got some scrapbook goodies too! Love your bear and little birdie!
That is the sweetest B-day card your parents gave you too!! And Mugi did a good job with the roses!

Ahhh...to be be 35 again!!

Danielle said...

What a sweet gift! Mmmm, I love looking at your photos, they look so great! Definitely looks like it was a good trip! Happy b-day!

Unknown said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a nice comment! You made my day! Elizabeth is a wonderful friend. :) I had a quick browse though your blog and just wanted to comment on how gorgeous your cards are!!! WOW, i'm so impressed.

Mireille said...

love the ava bear! Happy belated birthday sweetheart! Can't believe I missed it..
but uhm .. reading your thoughts..
*sigh*
turning 37 in may.. talking bout 40 creeping up
ARGH!
anyways.. big fat hug from me! Love the flowers.. and you are one beautiful 35-er
=)

Stampin' Meg said...

Belated happy birthday, Andrea!
You got some lovely things on your trip.

. said...

Happy birthday! Age is just a number. Sorry you are bumming. Concentrate on what you have done oppose to what you have not. Chin up.

Ronda Simpson said...

Hi Andrea! I really like your blog!! Thanks for the comment you left on mine!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday!

The bear is precious and I love that little bird....

Carey Johnson

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, what beautiful roses! Mark has only given me roses one time in our life and that was the day we got married...hehe! Love all your goodies you got. I can't get any cute little goodies for the house til I do some massive cleaning out.Love the bear, how perfect for you to find that!
I'm going to clean out nnow...you have inspired me...hehe!

scrappermimi said...

Happy Birthday to you! I feel your pain, just turned 36 myself this month, ACK!

Sounds like a great day in Lancaster, the Flower Warehouse is one of my regular scrap stores. Lots of goodies there!

Mer said...

Happy late birthday! Sounds like you had lots of fun with the shopping...a girl after my own heart. :)