My heart hurts for my Mom... she's been married to her best friend for 43 years and now he's gone so suddenly... my brother and I and our spouses have been trying to stay so strong for her, but it's hard when ALL of our hearts have been ripped open. My dad was a wonderful and caring man. He was a loving man devoted to his family and to his Lord. He was a dedicated spiritual leader... an understanding Pastor whose teachings were a blessing to so many! I have admired and loved my Dad my whole life and I will never know another man quite like him... he was one of a kind, and I'll be spending the rest of my life missing him! I have been blessed beyond measure to have him as my Dad!
Jesus has assured us: " I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."
(John 11: 25-26).
Pictures of my Dad and I on my wedding day...
Picture taken of Dad this past Christmas 2007...
My Dad's favorite past-time... reading... he read 2 to 3 hardback books a week!
With so much love in my heart for you Dad, I will forever and always be your little girl!







45 comments:
OH Andrea.. I'm so sorry for your loss! This must be such a hard time for your and your family.. just unbelievable that something like that can happen suddenly.. life is so unfair sometimes! Sending you and your family big hugs! XOXO Nancy
OMG Andrea I am soooo very sorry that this has happened. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers. PLEASE take care of yourself... I know this is a difficult time and I only wish I could take your grief from you. Sending you warm, loving cyber hugs, my friend! Stay strong! Amy Tara
Oh ym Gosh Andrea...I am sooooo very sorry. I am totally shocked as well. You know I am sending prayers to you and your family. I wish I could be there for you during this time. And please know that I am here for you. Sending lots of love and hugs.
Love ya girl!
So very sorry for your loss..I will continue to keep you and your Family in my prayers.
The layouts & photographs that you have of him are wonderful and I know that memories will help you the most during this time.
Andrea I am very very sorry to hear this news. I am praying that you and your family find peace and understanding by seeking the Lord through all of this. Draw from him and he will give your entire family the strength needed.
My heart aches for you and your family Andrea. I am praying for you.
Andrea, I'm sooo sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing someone you love esp a parent. I've lost both of my parents at an early age. My heart goes out to you and your family and I pray that the consolation of him being with God helps to mend your pain. Love you girl...and take care of yourself.
MY heart hurts for you Andrea...I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved dad. May you find some comfort in knowing that your friends are here for you. Much love, Anna D
Andrea, I am so sorry for you and your family. It is so hard to lose someone you love so suddenly. My heart goes out to you and your family. May the Lord give you the peace and comfort you need.
I am so sorry Andrea! Huge hugs of comfort to you and your family during this difficult time.
I am so sorry for your loss!
I am so sorry to hear this - you and your family are in my prayers
I am sorry for the loss of your father and I can relate to what you must be going through because I lost my father when he was only 41 years old .It was also sudden.My heart is with you and your family.
Andrea sending hugs and prayers for you and your family. Take care of yourself and your little one. I'll keep you in my prayers.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad, stay strong, pray, and take care of that little bump, who will always have a very special guardian angel
((HUGS))) your family is in my prayers,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your father.... It's so sad to lose someone you've looked up to and had such a close relationship with. I lost my mother a few years back and miss her dearly.... I dread the day my father leaves my life... I pray for peace and for your heart to heal....~~HUGS~~ to you and yours...
Patti M (AMR member)
(Pattie's passion)
I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!
my gosh sweetie!!!
my heart aches for you!
Wished I could hug !
wishing you peace and strength
Andrea, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. As much as I know he is with the Lord and must be needed on the other side, I know what it is like to have your heart ripped open like that. I am sending you a huge hug and want you to know that you are in my heart today and while you are saying your good-byes. Love to you and yours!
Andrea, I am so sorry for you loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
My heart is breaking for you!
Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Jessica
I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. Your family is in my prayers!
(P.S. Congrats on your baby bump! Sending you prayers for healthy baby!)
Kelly (aka born2scrap, AMR)
Andrea, this is my first visit to your site and I have to say I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mother 5 yrs ago and my father 1 yr ago. It is hard to imagine not talking to either one of them.
As, for your father, I believe he will meet his grandchild, only in a different way. When it is unexpected it's even harder. You will miss the phone calls, the need to talk to him and so many different things. Your mother will need her space sometimes because that's just the way it is. Just be there for her and listen to her. She will have her own way of dealing with it. Don't forget to remember him in every way and don't forget to laugh at the good times. It's Ok.
Don't forget to allow yourself to cry and laugh it is what we are here to do.
Please do not take offense to this, it is meant with good and loving intentions.
Glenda
Im so sorry for your loss.
Oh Andrea! I am so sorry to read the news about your Dad!!
So So So Sorry to hear about your dad. Wow that has got to be so hard. I cant imagine. He sounds alot like my dad and my parents have been married for 43 years as well. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh Andrea,
I am so sorry about your Dad and for your loss. I read a comment you left for Glenda and I felt a tug at my heart and just had to come visit.
What lovely pictures of your Dad, it's so nice you've got those and I certainly see from your picture with him, you two really enjoyed being together.
I lost my Dad a long time ago now but not a day goes by when I don't think of him and his kind ways and a wink now and then.
My heart goes out to you. I hope you will take comfort that you will see your father again one day and when you do, to him it will just seem like moments since he last saw you.
I am sorry you have come to know this feeling. May your faith carry you through.
~Tracie
I'm so sorry for your loss! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, Mary
So sorry to hear about your father's passing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh' honey, I am so sorry to hear this news. I hope you have all the love and support that you will need to help you through this difficult time
((((hugs))))
Andrea, so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You make sure you take care of yourself too.
I've been a lurker of your blog for a while. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God comfort you during this difficult time.
Oh sweet girl I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that can ease your pain now, that I know. But rest in the comfort that your dad is holding your Angel babies in his arms , watching over you and waiting to see his new grand baby. Big hugs to you friend!
i am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your father.
I'm so very sorry for your loss Andrea!
Andrea.. I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I of all people know the most what you are going through. I wouldn't wish the pain that I'm feeling on anyone and I'm so sorry that this happened to you and your family. I know how you feel about your father never getting to meet his grandchild. I feel the same way and I ache just thinking about the fact that my Father will not be there with me to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day or be there when my first child is born. It's been a month and 3 weeks since my Dad died and I still am in a fog. I feel as though I'm in a nightmare and I just want to wake up. I know that nothing I say or anyone else will say will make you feel better but I just want to let you know that I am always here if you want someone to talk to.. SERIOUSLY .. I haven't been doing very good myself so I really am not in a place to give advice as my life seems to keep falling apart around me. I know that it feels good to talk about my Dad to someone.. so if you just want someone to listen to your stories about your father I'm here. Don't hesitate to email me ScrapHappyKT@aol.com
Andrea, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of you. HUGS!
Drea my heartbreaks for you and your family. I'm so sorry this happened. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs
Trish
Oh (((Andrea))) I had no idea. I"m sooooo very sorry for your loss. I too lost my father when I was pregnant with my oldest. I feel your pain so deeply. My heart goes out to you.
Huge hugs and many prayers.
i am so sorry to hear this...I am so glad you share in the knowledge that you will see him again soon:)
Andrea, I'm so so sorry to hear this about your dad! I'm praying for you and your family!
Oh Andrea -what a beautiful photographic tribute to your father.I am so very very sorry for your loss.
Oh Andrea, I am so so sorry for your loss. I am a Daddy's Girl and can only imagine the huge grief you (and all your family) are feeling now. I thinking of you and praying for you.
XOXOXO
Andrea, I am so so sorry for your loss. I just read this today, and I want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. I hope the baby is bringing you some peace at such a sad time. Thinking of you!
Andrea - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine the shock and grief you and your family are going through. My friend lost her mom suddenly a few months ago - just about a week before her (the mom's) birthday. (((HUGS))) Thank you for sharing your dad's photos with us. I'm so sorry.
Oh Andrea I dont know what to say I'm trying to see through my tears!! I cant imagine what you are going through I just know that you must be hurting so much! Big hugs and kisses!!
Post a Comment