Well, we knew that the time was coming where I would no doubt have to have the Cerclage Surgery in order to keep this pregnancy going, but still... I was hoping it could be avoided. I was hoping that since I was having no evident complications, by some miraculous miracle THIS pregnancy would be different than the previous two and perhaps I would not really have Incompetent Cervix (although I KNEW in my mind I did).
Last Friday, May 30th, I had an OB appointment to have my cervix checked (my Dr. has been checking my cervical length every 10 days). This was the first appointment that Mugi wasn't able to go along with me due to his work, so my mom took me. First the Dr. checked my cervix internally and told me that my cervix was still closed, which was good. Then he checked my cervical length via U/S and as soon as I saw the image, I knew it looked different than previous weeks. He said that he didn't like what he saw... there was definite shortening! He told me that it was time for the Cerclage and he wanted it placed right away... that same day. So before I knew it, I was admitted to the hospital and being prepped for surgery by noon, and off to recovery by 1:30 PM. I had to stay in the hospital overnight and Mugi was there just in time to meet me up in my room, so I was so very happy to see him.
So, the cerclage is in and baby is on lock-down and everything went really smoothly. All in all, I am just relieved that the procedure is done now so that I can finally be more at ease. I'm very grateful that the shortening was caught early on and that the procedure was "preventative" rather than "rescue"! I am not at all happy with the strict bed-rest that I am now on, but if that is what I have to do to secure the well-being of this baby, I will be attached to my bed EVERY day until October/November! We just are sooo excited for this baby's progress and we know that each and every day that passes is just closer to that day we will be bringing home our new son or daughter!
I do have my next appointment this Friday, so please continue to keep the three of us in prayer for continued strength! I'll update again as soon as I can!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






13 comments:
I am sorry that you had to have the circlage, but hopeully it will keep that little one in place for a while! You will be in my prayers!
Praise be to God that they caught this in time and even though you are on bed rest for this many months it is SO totally worth it and that baby will be coming in Oct/Nov with bells on their fingers and toes!!!
I am praying for you to have patience and peace while being laid up. That you find yourself basking in Jesus' cool, calming waters and you have solace about it too. I pray that you take it easy and that now that you've had this surgery that there is nothing more to do for you other than rest.
Keep your chin up girlie! I am praying for you always.
Wonderful to hear from you and to hear that all is well!!
I know first hand that bed rest can be very isolating so it is good that your Mom is nearby now to keep you company!
Take care and rest rest rest!!:)and blog blog blog!!
Well, sounds like things are going down the right path for you. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts......get rest...BED REST and dont over due it! Listen to you DR.....
I know I don't need to tell you... but make sure you STAY IN BED!!! Maybe you can make baby announcements :D
bless your heart girl! I'm glad that they caught this early as well! You know you're definitely in my prayers...that has to SUCK having to be in bed for another what...6months or so...but you do what you have to do!
I'm glad your doctor is keeping a close eye on you! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. :)
So glad to see an update! Sending all the "keep that cervix just as it is" prayers I can muster!
hon I am sorry it had to be done and also glad it was done..
kwim?
sorry for the bedrest!
love ya
*big big hugs*
and you know I will keep you on my mind
Hang in there girl!! At least with the bedrest you can blog surf!! Can't wait to meet your little one!
I've been wondering how you were!!
Even though it's not the greatest thing to have done, I'm so glad that it was done!!
Take care of you and that baby, okay?? I'm thinking of you!
Dear Andrea, You don't know me, I am a "lurker" on the 2peas blog. I have looked at everything and read everything about you and your story. I just wanted to tell you that we miss you on the 2peas blog and hearing all about you. I am hoping and praying for you and your baby and your husband. Please know that there are many, many of us that care for you and wish you the best. I hope all is well with you. God Bless you all. Annie
I haven't stopped by your blog in awhile-I just read your post about the bed rest and I will keep you in my prayers!
Post a Comment