Thursday, July 17, 2008

Does It Ever End?

Life being so unpredictible that is! MY life has certainly been unpredictible and full of stumbling blocks this year. I prayed that 2008 would be full of much happiness and joy, but so far all I've been dealt is unexpected and unfortunate surprises.

I've had enough. I can't take no more, and I don't want to take on more.

Tommorrow morning I will be going in for surgery to have my Gall-bladder removed. Ever since I had Amelia last month, I started having heartburn-like pain. I had 3 seperate intense attacks, the last being on the 4th of July, when I finally decided to get myself to the ER once and for all to get this under control and to find out for sure what was happening. The next day a sonogram confirmed that I do indeed have gall-stones and yesterday I had a consoltation with the surgeon. I'm getting a bit more nervous now, but I know it's a common procedure and I keep reminding myself of that. I will be so happy to be able to eat some of my favorite foods again though (i.e. -icecream and french fries), so the sooner this can be done, the better!

Anyway, I just keep wondering what's gonna go wrong next. I've lost my dad, and it blows my mind that he's been gone 3 whole months now. I miss him so badly and I can only imagine what my mom feels. I hurt for her so much because I can see the sadness in her eyes and I know there is nothing any of us can do to take away that sadness and pain. My parents 43rd Anniversary would be this coming week on the 23rd, so I'm going to try my best to do something special for her that day... hopefully if I'm feeling up to it by then. And then we lost our dear Amelia and since then just one thing after another has gone on with me. First, I retained fluid in my legs and gained 10lb. in fluid alone after her birth. I went on water pills and thankfully that resolved, but then I developed a cyst on my ear and had to go on medication to clear that up. Then I had complications from the medication and had to go on others. And now the gall-bladder problems. So, because of all these unexpected ailments, I've had to put off the further testing of what's going on with my uterus, and it's making me feel unedge. I am just so anxious to find out more about why I'm not carrying my babies to full-term... I think about it all the time. Like I said, what could be next? Can I handle more? Please, God... give me more strength because I fear it's wearing thin.

I must say that there are so many dear friends around sending so much support and cheer our way... many cards and memorials in Amelia's memory. Each and every gesture has been welcomed and appreciated by us and we thank everyone so much!

Today I got a package in the mail from a very sweet on-line friend, Christine. She sent me the most thoughtful gift that brought me many happy tears. She recalled me saying that I wanted to get a Biography 101 scrapbook/shadowbox case by Cosmo Cricket. I never did end up buying myself one, but today I was blessed with one from Christine. Such a wonderful surprise and so perfect for preserving the remembrance pages I plan to do for Amelia! Christine, again I am so thankful for your caring thoughts, prayers and such a loving gift! As I told you, you made my day soo much brighter!

Now before I sign off, I was tagged earlier this week by my buddy, Amy Tara, so I thought I'd better give my replies and tag some others...

1. Ten Years Ago... I was working at a Preschool, and I was burnt out and needed a change. I took a hiatus from the Preschool to work at a summer camp. It was the best idea I ever had because that is where I met and fell in love with my sweet husband!

2. 5 things on today (tomorrow's ) to do list... Prepare myself for surgery in the morning (yikes), go to the hospital for my surgery, come home after being released and take it easy (NAP), maybe catch up on some of the new scrap-mags for the month, and perhaps watch a movie or two!

3. Snacks I enjoy... I love, love,love Chex Mix, esp. the homemade kind! Then of course I can't pass up M&M's!

4. Places I've lived... Gettysburg (PA), Numidia (PA), Milton (PA), Morehead (KY), Altoona (PA), and McClure (PA).

5. 4 people I tag... Suzanne, Allison, Christine, and Rachael.



Good-night all! I'm off to hopefully get some sleep! Nerves...stay calm!

24 comments:

CJensen said...

Huge {{HUGS}} Andrea! Good luck with your surgery. I will be praying that all goes well. You are truly amazing!

Anonymous said...

Girl...I will so gladly give you some of my strength to borrow if you need it. And there is no statement more true than "when it rains, it pours". Don't you worry though you will pull through all of this....you are an amazing, strong, courageous woman, and such an inspiration to many. I have been truely blessed by your friendship.
PLease give hugs to your mom and I will be thinking of her during her anniversary.
AND...darn yuo for tagging me. That means I actually have to update my blog...LOL!

Elizabeth said...

Andrea I know that you must be feeling the weight upon your shoulders girl. I can only imagine. I to for very different reasons felt that way. A friend sent this to me yesterday to lift me up and I pray it lifts you up as well

" ...now for a little while you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to the praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love.... 1 Pet. 6-8a

You are loved and prayed for always!

Garsy said...

I'm praying for you Andrea. My hubby makes a MEAN homemade Chex mix! Maybe I'll have to send you some around the holidays! He only makes like 10 batches of the stuff between Halloween and New Years Day!

Take care sweetie!

Garsy

CKMommy said...

Andrea, I am so sorry. Good luck with your surgery, I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I know its scary and this is just one more thing, but it will get better I promise.
Take care of yourself first of all.And as my Mom always said ~~God only gives you what you can handle.
You must be amazing!
Take care,
Diane

Linda said...

Hugs friend. I know that it might seem like God is punishing you, that life is going haywire, but believe...Just believe. Sit still in a quiet place, know that you are loved, that there are angels everywhere and they love you too. Most importantly, let go of your need to know why. when you let that go, you can move forward. Life holds something very special for you. Let it happen instead of trying to make it happen. Just sit back and be still, and it will happen. You are in my thoughts, my prayers, and I am sending you strength and willpower, and love.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery.. .. you will feel SO much better!!!:))

I Pray that you will find peace and get answers.. your surely have been tested more than most are in a lifetime.

Vintage Girl

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

hope all went well with your surgery. I will continue to pray for your peace and health

Lainey said...

Big hugs Andrea, I am so, so sorry for all you've had to go through lately.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the surgery lovey. Thinking of you

Stampin' Meg said...

How did the surgery go , Andrea? You know that you have a whole herd of us girls thinking and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Hold on! Remember He never ever gives us what we cannot handle. I know sometimes life seems so unfair and so ridiculously painful there is not room in our hearts to deal with it but truly I feel we can handle what God gives us.
My heart is so sad for these rough times you are going through right now and I have been praying for you. Please know your beautiful angels are watching over you and want their mama to be well and miss you like crazy.

xoxo
Meghan

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea ~ I'm so sorry for all the hard times you're continuing to face. I hope your surgery went well. I had my gallbladder removed Jan. 08 and it went fine despite all my worrying! Please know I'm thinking of you and praying for you as are your other friends at AMR.
~Erika/journeyfan

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for all that you've been through. I hope your surgery went well and that your body and heart heal soon.

Suzanne said...

I hope you're feeling better girly. Like Meg said, you know you have a ton of us thinking about you and praying for you. Take care of yourself girl....oh and eat WHATEVER you want! Hugs

AFScrapperMom said...

Prayers for you and your DH, I know you can get through this and things will be better

Melissa said...

Hope you are recovering well, Andrea.

Anonymous said...

Please know that you have my prayers. There is nothing harder than being the mother of angels. I pray that you will have the strength to recover from these tragic events.
Scrappin Not Nappin from AMR

Linda Beeson said...

I'm thinking that as I read this you have probably already had your surgery or a solution to the health issues you were dealing with. Just wanted to let you know that I will continue to pray with you. You are in my thoughts!

Emily said...

No!!!! I haven't checked up on you in awhile. It is so very unfair. You have every right to feel what you are feeling. Sad, angry, cheated...life can be so unfair and I know how tiring it is to hear how brave and strong you are because you may not be feeling brave and strong right now. You feel broken in every sense of the word. Just know that there are so many of us out here praying for you and your family and we pray that soon a resolution will come and a beautiful baby will be born for you to keep. I am here if you want to talk to someone who knows what you are going through. Much love and many hugs!!!!

Mer said...

Aww, sweetie...you're in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there was something I could do to help make things easier on you.

Hugs to you and your family.

Mireille said...

hey sweetie.. was thinking of you! Am back home and sending huggles from HOlland

phoneroomgirl said...

Hey andrea i am so sorry for what you have been going through i know you don't know me but i just happened across your blog's and was very touched you have to be a strong person to have endured as much as you have hopefully they will find what is going on with you i had a friend sometime back who was having a time caring her babies to full term i think she had like two miscarriages and then she went to a specialist and he found out she had endemetreosis and she had medicine she had to start taking on a daily basis and it helped her alot now she has a healthy baby so hang in there maybe you will know something soon have they checked you for that yet or do they think it is something else please keep in touch i will keep you & your husband in my thoughts and prayers have a good day & a blessed rest of the week ! Sincerely,Gina