It's the 4th of July weekend and I sit here at home alone. Mugi has gone to Washington D.C. to enjoy the annual Papua New Guinea gathering, a reunion which we always go to every year over the 4th so that we can reunite with other PNG friends who are married to United States spouses and living here in the states. I chose not to go this year for fear of seeing other adorable new babies who have made their arrival within the past year. Yes, again I feel cheated. I'm cheated from my own sense of security... security I feel I no longer have because I no longer feel protected. I know it's wrong, but I feel I must shield and hide myself from "the outside world"... the world that includes babies that will never belong to me... babies that I will never hold tight in my arms... babies that when they cry, the sound pierces my heart as it aches a million x's over! I feel cheated because I can't be enjoying a holiday weekend get-a-way with my husband.
I wish there was a magic switch that I could turn on, and I could just go about life feeling normal. I feel cheated, because I don't know whether or not I'll EVER feel normalcy again. How can I shake these intense feelings of wanting to be a mother so badly... like RIGHT NOW at this very moment? How can I prevent myself with being overcome with excrutiating jealousy toward other mothers? Yes, I AM a mother. I have given birth to beautiful babies... daughters! But again, I am cheated because those babies never came home with me. I am cheated from experiencing what it's like to be a mother day in and day out every single day of my life!
What did I do to deserve this? I ask this of God. I am so angered at Him these days. Do I feel bad and discouraged about being so upset with God? Of course I do... I hate that I feel such anger in my heart, but I can't seem to find a calm resolution. The other day I was sitting in the waiting room at my Doctor's office and I saw a framed quote on the wall that read, "All Babies Are A Gift Of God". I immediately felt cheated. I know that my babies are a gift of God, but why did He have to take His gifts from me? Am I not worthy to be the bearer of His gifts? Am I not worthy to be their mother? Does He not know how long I've yearned to bring home and raise children? I know that God has His plan for me, and it's probably bigger than I could ever imagine, but right now that notion just doesn't satisfy my hungering. Call me selfish perhaps, but how long do I have to wait for His grand scheme of dreams for me to take place? How much more can I take?






27 comments:
Oh Andrea my heart is aching for you!!! It is completely normal to feel that way, maybe there is a much bigger plan for you, surely there could be no more pain! I am thinking of you Please take care! You are loved
Oh Andrea, I am so sorry for your aching heart. You have a right to all of these feelings, let them flow. I know there is nothing I can say that will heal you right now so just know that i am sending you a hug, and not a sappy cyber hug, a real big friend hug!I believe in my heart you will have babies to bring home one day, I do. I so hope it happens for you soon, don't give up, no matter how hard the journey, don't lose that spark of hope.
I am praying for you. -Heather L.
Andrea, I just found out, and I am so very, very sorry. There are no words that can help you at this time, I'm sure. Just know there are many people who are sending you love and hugs.
Rozzella
My heart aches for you. I am truly sorry that you have had so much loss and that you are hurting so.
{{{{{hug}}}}}
I am a friend of Allison S. and I wanted to leave you a comment. I am thinking of you and praying that you Dr. is able to find a solution for you soon.
xoxoxoxoxo
I don't know you but I am so sorry for your loss. I will say a pray for your little angel.
Andrea I am praying for you. That you find the peace and solace that you seek. That God reveal his answers to you that you seek and for you to pour yourself out to him during this hard, difficult time. I pray that you are able to turn your cheated feeling, in to understanding and be able to see a glimpse into God's plans for you as a women, mother, wife, and child of God. I pray for you friend that you cling instead of feeling lose. I pray that you seek to find what it is he is trying to show you so that you may turn towards the joy that he truly does want you to experience.
I am so very sorry my friend that you are feeling down. Remember, God will never leave you.
Andrea I know these feelings you have written about oh so well. I am keeping you in my prayers and honestly somedays all I could do was take it minute by minute, that was the only way to get through the day. Again I am so sorry for this unfairness! Those precious toes are so darling!
I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling, Andrea and I am so terribly sorry for what you and Mugi have been going through.
Sending my prayers and heartfelt thoughts to you both.
Cheryl (((((HUGS))))
I'm still praying for you Andrea. I honestly am at a loss for words...or just in fear that the words I do have may not be the right ones. I do pray that you find peace in your heart where there is pain and hate right now. Much love to you girl.
Huge hugs to you Andrea. I know that there is nothing that I can say to help ease your pain. Just know that you have many friends who care for you and support you.
I'm so sorry you are feeling so down. Who could blame you, this isn't the kind of thing you can just pick yourself up from easily. It's huge, but it will get easier. Everything gets easier, even if it is slowly.
With friends praying for your peace, i'm sure it will help somehow.
Big hugs!!!!!!!
Andrea I wish I could say something that would help. But I can't. The loss of a child is just unbearable. I am sorry for you pain.
Words cannot express my sorrow for your loss.
I am so full of sorrow and sympathy for you.I will say a prayer for you and your babies.
I wish you happiness.
Diane
I will include you and your babies and dh in my prayers - keep the faith Andrea you are not being punished - you will have a baby - god is probably just leading you down another path. get the tests, get some rest, pray to God and it will happen. If your tests come back that a baby isn't possible from your body please search out adoption - there are so many babies in our own states, communities and country that needs a good mommy and daddy like you and your dh! Big hugs for you all!
when words simply fail...
*one million hugs*
I think of you often, Andrea! I wish I could give you a real hug! {HUGS}
Hart breaking story, thank you for sharing.
Oh, Andrea! I am so very saddened to read this news. My heart breaks. Amelia is beautiful. I'm just so sorry you aren't able to hold her in your arms. I'll be keeping you and your husband in my prayers. I pray your doctor can help determine the cause of this heartbreak. HUGS to you.
I dont know what to say to help ease your pain but I also know this heart ache. I lost 4 babies b4 a successful perfect pregnancy. Not quite in this manner, but my advice is dont give up. I pray you get the baby your heart desires.
Andrea, my heart aches for you. I so wish I could just reach out and give you a big hug and make all the pain go away. Your in my thoughts and prayers always.
I am going to tag you today, to try and give you something else to put your mind on for a few minutes... I hope anyway,... So go to my blog and then answer the 4 questions yourself.... and remember, you are loved! Amy Tara
Andrea,
I am soo sorry for your loss and your aching heart. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. God will reveal his plan for you and I do believe it is an important and blessed plan. Please remember you have lots of people thinking of you.
BIG HUGS!
OMG girlie.. I'm soooo sorry to hear this.. my heart is aching for you sweetie!!! I can totally understand that you're feeling that way..it's so unfair! Thinking of you!! HUGS!
I do not know you, but came upon your blog.
For 8 long years we couldn't have a baby. Why? No one knows. Then at age 30 I became pregnant. 9 months later our son was born. He was a "diaphramatic hurnea" baby and had only 1 lung. There is a long story involved here, but I won't get into it. He is now 20 years old; always will be dependant on us or some adult to care for him. Last year he was in the hospital for 9 weeks and we almost lost him. Your babies are greatly missed I know, but you know they are safe with Jesus. My baby continues to suffer day after day and there isn't a thing we can do about it; except love him and care for him. I worry what will happen to him when we are gone. No one will care for him like we do.
If it is God's will it would be great for the dr. to find out what the problem is that your water breaks like it does. Until then, trust the Lord. What about adoption? So many little ones have no one to love them. We had wanted to do that, before I became pregnant. Oh, 6 years later, we had a beautiful baby girl; thank the Lord for one child who is "normal."
Andrea, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you!!
{{{Hugs}}}
Post a Comment