Monday, October 6, 2008

Must be October!

Yes, It's October, my favorite time of year! But it's a fast month because it's always a busy couple of weeks around here for us... we always seem to have so much to do and see in October and it kind of just goes by in the blink of an eye. Before we know it, it's Turkey time! It's only the 6th, but we've already gone to a few Fall Festivals in the area, while taking some much needed breaks from the moving and organizing hoop-la.

This week I am busy getting ready for our yard-sale that my mom and I are having on Thursday and Friday. We have soooo much junk! For the past week we've been purging my mom's storage unit, bringing boxes of stuff down to our garage and deciding what she wants to keep (or what stuff I want to keep here too, and what my brother and sil want), what gets sold at yard-sale and what gets kept to sell later at public auction. You should see my garage... I need to get a photo snapped! It is so difficult going through all my parents belongings. Just imagine, the majority of their 42 years spent together, all crammed into 2 storage units! It's heartbreaking that I no longer have my parent's house to "go home" to for the Holidays or for whenever I need to get out of town for awhile. And I can only imagine how my mom feels about not having her home anymore with her husband, my dad. It's been great though having her close-by again, and she does enjoy spending time with us in our new home when she gets down our way (10 minutes down the road). I've purged many boxes of our junk too through this move. Amazing what all we've accumulated over the past 8 years of our marriage as well. Ohh, and I'll have plenty of scrapbooking items to sell too, so if you want any... come on over!

So I thought I'd share a few pix of my Fall/Halloween decorations that I put up. Silly me, I didn't really take any pictures of the new house itself to show, but I will. We have a big old honkin' pine tree in the front yard that we are planning to have cut down, so as soon as that baby comes down I'll be able to get some better view shots.

Here's my cute punkin' couple...
I had the man last year but he was lonely, so I brought home a lady friend for him!

Above is my newly decorated front porch with my scare-crow lady. I just love mums and pumpkins and all the beautiful Autumn colors!


Next is my window sill with my shadow-box decorations.



And last is my favorite punkin' dude, which my dad bought for me last year. Mugi decided to let punkin' dude hold Ava and Amelia's Gerber baby this year. They look pretty happy together!

Before I get going though, I thought I'd share a layout that I did late last week and entered into a Fancy Pants layout contest over at CMK.

I even used a lot of pretty Fall colors in it. Although it's a prom page from my niece's prom last May, she did wear a gorgeous Autumn colored orange and yellow dress. Perfect match to the Fancy Pants papers! I did happen to win one of the three prizes in the contest, but it was for a different page that I had entered. Very excited for that! Here's the page that won...
(What Makes A Mother?)

Also regarding Fancy Pants, very happy to add that I was selected as an Honorable Mention again this year for their Design Team selection. I was holding off in saying anything because I wasn't sure if we were supposed to or not, but it's been a few weeks and there hasn't really been any mention of it, so I can't help but to toot my own horn! So, I will be doing a Guest Design Team spot for FP sometime throughout the coming year! Yay!!! :)

12 comments:

ellen s. said...

congrats on the FP guest spot! how exciting and congrats on the prize over at CMK! their prize packages are so awesome!

love your halloween goodies, this is my fave time of year!

HeatherC said...

Congrats girly! So excited for you!

Mer said...

I love October too!

Lovin' those layouts, they're awesome! Congrats on your FP guest spot!

CJensen said...

Congrats on both wins!! Awesome! I was checking the FP blog for an update!

Fink said...

Congrats on the guest spot! I love Halloween but have not decorated yet! I am so bad! Glad that Mom is closer to you and hope the sale goes well!

Suzanne said...

i'm glad that all is going well girl. The decorations are beautiful....as well as the layouts. congrats on the fancy pants hm! cant wait to see the rest of the house!

Stampin' Meg said...

Your decorations look fabulous, Andrea. Congrats on the Fancy pants spot-I know that means a lot to you.

Char said...

Congrats on the FP spot. The lo's are beautiful. I just love the lO with the journaling. Your journaling is always great!

Charlene aka cgriffith318 @ CX.

vintage girl at heart said...

toot toot!!! congrats to you!!! lovely pages. love your Fall decor too. i am late doing everything due to my own move n purge!!!! good luck with yoour sale!!!

Amy said...

love all your decorations!

Mireille said...

oh my goodness sweetie.. congrats on the HM!!!
So happy for you.. tried to check that out for a while!!Love your layouts.. and love the autumn pics.. your decorations look so totally lovely!

Anonymous said...

Yeah on the honorable mention! Way cool.