Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hmmm... did they take away the space for titling posts here on blogger? I don't see the title field anymore... ahhh well!

Anyway...

OKay... I have tried not to be vocal about my true feelings pertaining to "Octo-mom" and her babies. But as I keep watching report after report about them I keep getting more and more pissed off. These babies are innocent in all this, but Nadya is not... she knew she was playing with fire when she decided to have another 6 embryos implanted AT ONE TIME, knowing full well that she couldn't even support the 6 kids she currently had. So now there are 14 beautiful children and she has no suitable home for them. She has no vehicle capable of transporting them. She has no income to support her family, as she has no job. Including brain cells, I could continue to list more and more of what she is lacking. So today I'm watching Dr. Phil, who has become somewhat of an advocate for this lunatic. At the end of today's show he mentions that the time is approaching for some of the babies to be ready to leave, but that the hospital will not release them to the care of Nadya until there are suitable living arrangements for the babies and the rest of her family. Dr. Phil says that he knows that people do not agree with the actions of this mother and people are fed up, but he hopes that people won't forget that the babies are the ones who should not be ignored in all this mess. Well, it is a mess, and I don't think there is an easy solution. So what's gonna give? Who's gonna end up paying for this family? I don't know, but I really don't think that she should be able to exploit these precious babies and children. In my mind, I feel as though she has been looking for all the hand-outs she can possibly get and it's criminal! Maybe she should be made to forfeit her babies...put them up for adoption. I won't lie, that may sound harsh to make her give them up. I know, I'm just thinking this because I'm mad and I don't really want that for her, but I thought of it nontheless! I mean, I wouldn't want to be made to give up my own children myself. BUT...how is she ever going to be able to take care of them physically and financially all by herself? I just feel like she is so selfish!!

Yes, I can admit that I have problems with this situation in that it's so hard for me to comprehend that this woman was able to carry and bring into this world, not just one, but eight babies at one time. I have asked God many times why something so miraculous can happen to another woman, while I have struggled so much just to have the chance to try to have my own take home baby! I have not gotten any answer. I don't think I will understand any of this... why I was chosen to experience the loss of my own baby, not once, but three times. But I believe that God has a just plan for me in all this and that he's guiding me onto something more grand... something more than I could ever imagine. At least that is what I hope.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

She really is insane isn't she. And we will be paying for her :o( I am so sorry about your angels in heaven. It can be so frustrating when you go through this experience and then see people like her who don't have a clue. I, too, wasn't able to have babies, and have adopted.
all the best,
Holly

Julie Overby said...

Oh, Andrea. I can really understand how this would be so hard and frustrating for you. It's hard for anyone to watch but when you've gone through what you have...

You are right when you say that God has a definite plan for you and it's the BEST one for you. Keep believing in Him for that!!

Jen Martakis said...

Oh Andrea, you are so right. God is in control and he has great plans. I continue to pray for you. (((hugs))) to you my friend.

On the baby layout on my blog....the puzzle pieces are a new CM punch that debuts March 1st. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, this situation just makes me so frustrated. Even more so because of people like you and your situation. It's just one of those things that seems so unfair. I know that you've heard this before, but God has awesome plans for you and He will give you the desires of your heart. His plans are so much better than ours...big hugs...

Staci Taylor said...

I'm so with you. I think it's frustrating for most people b/c we don't want to see those poor babies suffer by not being properly taken care of. And I can imagine that it is only that much more difficult for someone like yourself who has been through all you've been through. As much as I disagree with her actions, I have to say that I also think her doctor deserves some of the blame as well. I think he totally crossed over his ethical boundaries!

Unknown said...

Andrea, God does have a special plan for you & your hubby. God bless you!

How are you doing anyways? It's been a long time since we chatted last! Hope all is going well.

ellen s. said...

i am totally with you. i work with kids and i see this all the time, knowing full well i have many people in my life that are struggling like you are, trying to understand why it all works the way it does. i wish i had an answer for you.

makes you wonder about the ethical issues surrounding all of it.

thinking of you....

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I think she is super selfish too and I hope that there is some way these precious children will not be victims, as they seem to be now.
I really feel for you and all you've been through. Keep believing. He is always there to carry you through. Wrap yourself in His love.
Good thoughts and hugs to you, my friend! Amy Tara

joybear said...

very well said. God bless you and (((HUGS)))

some kind of wonderful said...

bravo andrea! i am glad i am not alone in my feelings about octomom. i wish there was a way people like her and the fertility doc that went along with this could be charged with stupidity and selfishness! seriously! who in there right mind thinks this was a GOOD idea? i pray all the time that god will show his plan to you and that you will be given the ultimate reward in life. i truly believe he watches out for those who guard his angels. {{hugs}}

Mary K said...

God does have a plan for you, beyond your wildest dreams! Life lends so much that we cannot understand or begin to make sense of...but God's plan is bigger! Down to every last detail, He's got it under control.

Anonymous said...

OH sweetheart I feel for you (you know I do!!)I too watched her on Dr Phil (here in Oz, not as far behind as I thought then!)and I can feel the frustration you must be feeling, but you are a loving, beautiful, kind and caring person and God must have a plan for you. After the beautiful words you had for me and even just giving up some time to help me try to understand my horrid situation, you're the best he has!!!I believe something wonderful is coming your way sweet, no one deserves it more!
-xx-

Suz said...

I agree

Now I see her with a house, out shopping, all these people remodeling the house & buying new furniture & van. When she was out having her nails done on Sunday & at Disneyland I nearly blew a gasket. The more I find out about her the more I think she needs mental help. I saw her online feed & she can't even keep up with the kids she has (a couple are very wild & I'd worry about the babies).

She talks about how she was tried for 7 years to have a child before trying IVF (she had to start at 17). Then she's on disablility for a back injury at the Kaiser hospital... well if my memory serves me having babies & lugging them around is hard on the back so if she can do that why couldn't she work....

There are so many couples who want babies but can't afford the IVF or adoption fees - it's a shame that someone like her comes along with the help of a doctor who should have his license revoked.

Sorry for the rant!

I'm praying for you - I believe that God HAS a plan & though it might not be seen to us in the moment when we go thru it & look back we always see his way is so much better. Take care