Friday, June 5, 2009

It's another Hop at Outta This Funk!

I have been a very bad blogger these past weeks... I have rarely posted much at all, that is! I guess you could say I've been in a funk of my own. But I shouldn't be. I have so many photos that I need to get scrappped, a handful of cards that need made for certain people, and I certainly have enough product to use for my all said creations. Really, I should have no excuses... but plain and simple, I'll plead guilty to laziness!
So I'll admit, I didn't create anything special to show off to my fellow crafters during this second "Outta This Funk" Blog Hop. I just didn't have it in me to create this week with all the dreary rain we've been having here in PA. So, I'm just going to dig into my project archives and share another card that I recently made. I made this wedding card to take to a friend's wedding last month. Her wedding color was baby blue so I wanted to create something matchy!


This was really easy to make... I used some blue Bazzill cs with a small heart scalloped punch edge and over-layed a lighter blue layer of the KI lace paper. I cut my Celebrate Love sentiment on a brighter blue cs, using the Cricut Calligraphy Collection cartridge. I then finished off the card by threading a blue satin ribbon onto a white button and securing fast around the card front. Elegant, yet simple... it probably took me 15 minutes tops to complete this.


Well, thanks for stopping by my blog, but now I must send you in the direction of more inspiration! Please be sure to stop by and visit Char at, http://www.scrappinchar.blogspot.com/


Ohhh... also, I'll randomly be giving away a nice bag O' ribbons (including some of the pretty blue satin ribbon that I used in the above wedding card)... and maybe a lil' something extra thrown in for good measure too! Sooo, if you'd like to have a chance at it, I'll be picking one lucky person who comments here on this blog post! :) Hope you have a wonderful inspired weekend!

ETA: OTF BLOG HOP WINNER is....

19 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love your card, it's beautiful and I am sure that she loved it too!!!

Hope that things pick up for ya and you find some spurring so that you can create and we can see all your rockin' stuff!

Have a great weekend girlie! :) I think about you and am praying for you too!

Marie W said...

Welcome back!! A friend of mine is getting married soon and I am inspired to make a card instead of buying one. Beautiful!

Karen Pinsonat said...

That is beautiful! So elegant!

Heidi E. said...

Beautiful Card.. The combination of blues are awesome..

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Oh my! What a beautiful card! Hugs!

Staci Taylor said...

Hey girl! Please don't sign me up for your RAK (i'm trying to purge!), but I just wanted to say that your card is gooorgeous! Good luck at getting out of your funk - I keep having those stages too!

Purple Princess said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Love the blue! Love the lace background! Love it!

Dee Gallimore-Perry said...

What a LOVELY card, Andrea!

(I have to admit..that I, too, didn't have a chance to create something this week...it was rainy and gloomy up here in CT, too!

But, I'm glad you shared this card instead! It's really gorgeous..and I love the KI lace background. So very pretty...and perfect for a wedding!

LAuclair said...

Oh so pretty! I love the tone on tone effect you got with the lace cardstock. Great job!

Stampin' Meg said...

really pretty-love all the shades of blue

Candace said...

It's been so rainy here too! I'm so ready for sunshine!! Great card too!

Library Bunny said...

love the monochromatic color scheme.

I Cut The Scrap said...

great "simple" card. It is beautiful

scrappermimi said...

This is beautiful, love the monochromatic colors!

Fink said...

This is a great card! I just love the lace background! Nice!

Julia M said...

Your card is very beautiful and classy.

HeatherC said...

Love it Andrea! YOu always make beautiful cards!

some kind of wonderful said...

just a beautiful card girl!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card. We can all use those quick and gorgeous ideas. I check your blog often, and pray for you to be doing better. Take care. ~Sandra~