Monday, June 29, 2009

Sweet Land of Liberty!

I love Americana stuff and also love to decorate with the Americana theme throughout the house, especially in our guest bedroom. So over the weekend I was looking over on the Fancy Pants blog and saw that they announced a weekly, "Fancy Friday"challenge to create something using their products with the theme of "Celebrating the U.S.A.", perfect! I love Fancy Pants and I love Americana! I've been wanting to make something artsy... with paper-piecing and such with this very theme for awhile now - a piece of my own art to add to my home decor. Yep, it was perfect timing. So, I got out all of Fancy Pants products, my trusty Cricut and some other needed materials, holed myself up in my room and set off to play. I had so much fun creating this framed wall hanging, so I hope you don't mind me showing it off :)


I used primarily Fancy Pants products for this...

FP patterned Paper:

Happy Holidays "Candy Cane", On A Whimsy "Flutter", Botanical "Tulip", Kewl "Splendid", Frou-Frou "Lil' Princess", Delight "Bubbles" and Sweet Spring "Sweet Spring Alpha".

FP felt shape stars: Tis' The Season, Fashion Sense.

FP star border stamp: "Chic Alpha" set.


FP chipboard scrolls: "All Fall" Printed chipboard shapes.


FP ribbon trim: "Dapper Collection" ribbon.


Other products that I used include:
Bazzill cardstock
Cricut (Story Book, Graphically Speaking and George carts).
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in Antique Brass, Meadow and Pewter.
ColorBox Chestnut Roan Chalk ink.
Corrugated cardboard
Black twist-tie
Pinking shears
Pounce Wheel tool
Foam tape and 2-Way Zig glue pen
Scrapbook frame from Michael's (took glass out).

Here's some other detail shots...




Thanks for looking! And thank YOU, Fancy Pants, for inspiring me to get this done with your challenge! :)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love your detailed photos too!!

Fink said...

How cute is this! Great job

Leslie Ashe said...

That is gorgeous!!! I want one!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is a beautiful project!

Sandie said...

Great work. And loved seeing the detail up close.

Nancywithajones said...

awesomeeeee girllllll!!!!!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Stunning canvas Amy! Love every little detail.

ellen s. said...

oh i love it. that is so americana and cool! really neat.

and guess what...we get to meet soon! yeah!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is fabulous! Looks like something you'd get at a cute folk art shop. Love all of hte sweet details, Andrea!

Renee Lamb said...

oh, i just love how that turned out Andrea! I love this!

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, I love this, awesome work!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

such a beautiful design!

Anonymous said...

Great project!

wendyp said...

Amazing job with the project!!! Love it!

Raechelle Bellus said...

this is gorgeous Amy!!!

Jennifer said...

oh that is awesome!!

Davinie Fiero said...

Beautiful project! I love how you photographed it. :)

Sherry said...

So cool!! Awesome work!!

Emily said...

So cute and so much detail. Love it. Glad you are back posting with us again. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Staci Taylor said...

Wow, wow, wow!! This is amaaazing, andrea!! This seriously looks like something you'd find in a cool boutique - you rocked it girl!

Linda Beeson said...

What a great creation! I love the details and I am glad you showed them off.

Kristin said...

What a great idea! Love this, TFS!
P.S. I didn't get a chance to go to the scrapbook store yesterday but I did manage to attend a crop there last week. It's one of my favorite places to go.

Beth said...

I just love your style, girl! This is wonderful!