Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sweet As Cherries!

Here's a new card that I did yesterday to fit the latest sketch/card challenge over on the BoBunny blog for the week.


This time they are wanting to see Birthday cards. I've been wanting to use the cute cherries image off the Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge, so this is what I came up with... "Hope your Birthday is sweet as cherries"!

Oh, here's their sketch...

I used BoBunny Fruit Punch Popsicle and Holly Jolly Swirls papers here and the cherries were spritzed with Burnt Red glimmer mist before giving them a glossy coat and shimmer with paper glaze medium and Lily White doodlebug sugar coating. On the cherries, I also popped in two red acrylic pieces from BoBunny's Calypso Buttons and Bling. Two of the new Cuttlebug folders were used on here as well for the textures... the herringbone pattern used on the leaf stem and the harlequin pattern for the white cardstock behind the cherries. By placing the harlequin pattern on it's side though, I believe it gives it more of a basket-weave look. Guess Cuttlebug needs a "basket-weave" embossing folder now... so there an idea for you product designers at Provo Craft, lol!

And speaking of sweet as cheeries... I finally got to meet Ellen at a lss crop last Friday night like I had said we were planning, and she IS more than sweet as cheeries! We had such a fun night and I am so happy to at last have a scrappy friend around me. She is the best and so darn crafty! I just love all the altered stuff and decorative frames she thinks up. Ellen rocks!

Here we are...

And here she is digging through all the Creative Cafe buttons! I also got this one of her scrapping... and the page she was working on here turned out to be pretty fabulous!

I'm looking forward to the next time for sure!!

12 comments:

wendyp said...

gorgeous card!!! Love all that glitz on those cherries! I'm thinking I need to pick up some new Cuttlebug folders! Awesome work!

vintage girl at heart said...

Love that card.. those cherries are so sweet!!! I always love to see when you create new stuff!!!
And to meet up with a new friend..well that is the icing on the cake!!!
Hope you've been enjoying your summer. How is the new house coming along???

ellen s. said...

ah, you are so nice! sweet as cherries? that is so well, sweet of you! lol

so when is the next date? when is that darn newsletter coming out?!

Leigh Penner said...

Great card and photos, Andrea!

Nikki B said...

love the cherries... cute card!

Sasha said...

Umm for real .. those cherries were the BOMB WOOOW girl ...

stefani said...

Awesome card! LOVE those cherries!

Danielle Flanders said...

Love those cherries! How fun that you got to hang out, you two are so cute!

Mary - said...

beautiful card - lovin these cherries! :) smiles, m-

Beth said...

Cute, cute, cute card Andrea!! And it's so fun to get to meet an online friend IRL, isn't it? I had that opportunity too!

I also want to Thank you for the well wishes on my DT submissions -yes, I'm trying for CX too, did you again? I hope so! Good luck!

Emily said...

That is awesome. I love ellen, she cracks me up!

HeatherC said...

Ok, seriously check the BoBunny blog!!! Congrats girly!!! I hope you make their team as well.