But it's not coming fast enough! I'm already for the cooler weather and for the crisp air. I can't wait for Fall festivals and fairs... and sweaters! Yep, I am ready to dig all my favorite Fall decorations out from storage and to set pumpkins galore all around! But in the meantime, I do have a few Autumn inspired projects that I recently completed for my CX assignments, which I can share with you all. These both revolve around the use of the "Speaking of Fall" Classmate educational Cricut cartridge. I was so excited that I could create with this due to my love of all things Fall! I can see this cart being used in a variety of ways, but I chose to use it in designing an embellished title for a Fall themed scrapbook layout and for creating a cute festive seasonal garland to dress up my fireplace mantel.
Pumpkin Posing
For the title here, I pieced together leaf and pumpkin designed letters using the alphabet on the cart with the "Layers" and "Layers Shadow" creative features. Before piecing together the shapes and adding dimension with foam tape adhesive, I gave all the pieces (layers) a color boost with Glimmer Mist sprays in Antique Brass, Garden Fairy and Golden Terracotta.
The sweet pumpkins were also cut using the SOF cart and I finished them off with a cool texture using the Houndstooth A2 Cuttlebug folder... one of my favorites!
"Happy Fall" Autumn Garland
This garland was so fun to design! The SOF cart has a creative feature which allows you to cut out leaf "tag" shapes with the alphabet already on them, so these garland shapes can be made in a snap! I cut out enough leaf shapes to spell out my sentiment of "Happy Fall" and these were all cut at 3 1/2 " using alternating seasonal colors of cardstock.
I also embossed these with two different textures... the "Pumpkin Harvest" A2 Cuttlebug folder, and the "Autumn Type" folder. To bring attention to the texture details, I misted them with Glimmer Mist in Golden Terracota and Antique Brass.
Larger pumpkin shapes were also created to anchor the garland on both ends and in the middle between the wording of Happy and Fall. These pumpkin shapes were all embossed with the "Distressed Stripes" A2 folder. I created more shimmer to them as well with the Glimmer Mist sprays and then I wrapped natural and green raffia around the stems for embellishing. A piece of rust colored rope twine was used to string the garland together and spiral clips were used to attach and slide the pieces onto the rope. Last, sections of ribbon were secured onto the rope to create stations between the pumpkins and alphabet leaves.
Thanks for following along with these projects! Till the next time, I'll be anxiously waiting for mid September's arrival, lol!






19 comments:
I am ready too!!! Your garland is soooo adorable!!! I love all of the details and the pics really show them well!!! Hope Fall is a wonderful time for you!!
I loved your post below too. Very heartening and unique!!
Blessings!
Love it Andrea! I wish I could be that creative. I tried scrapbooking, but let me tell you the work was subpar.
LOVE the fall garland Andrea! And what a fun page. I'm ready for fall too, even though it doesn't really get fall-like here... hope you had fun at the amusement park! Smiles - Amy Tara
I'm definitely not ready for fall yet, but I'm loving your projects!!! That Glimmer Mist adds such a gorgeous sheen to the papers! Love it!
Fabulous stuff...that title is way cool!
Beautiful garland and fun LO. You are a wizard with the Cricut. :) I too am definitely ready for the heat to be over and fall to start.
You make FALL look amazing & even though I'm not ready for it, as we are just now having a real summer here, I still love the decorations & have been thinking about them myself.
Ditto on the fall thing! I love it...I'm so hoping for some really awesome fall scrapbook collections this year, but nothing's really knocking my socks off so far.
I love your projects! Fall is my most favorite time of year aside of the 4th of July!!! :)
But this year I am not so anxious for Fall, I mean I do love it but I am enjoying it being warmer and our weather here is gorgeous right now! But I do love me some turtlenecks, I LOVE them!! LOL.
Hope your week is going great girl!
Wow... lovely projects. Makes me want to get the mist in antique brass! LOL
Super cute ,Andrea!
Ok, I wasn't even thinking about fall until I saw your recent post, and now you have me wishing for it too, lol! Love that banner and layout - you are so creative! That title is amazing!
omg! that is so cool! i love it and i am SO excited for fall i can't stand it, lOL! my fave time of year....you know i love that layout and how you embossed that pumpkin
Wow! You are so creative! Love all your projects. Your pumpkins are adorable!
I'm so not ready for fall. Still 3 more weeks until my kiddos start school. I still want summer! LOL
Your projects are amazing andrea! You have definitely put me in a fall mood :-)
I love the garland and layout you made! Awesome job. Congrats on staying with CX
I'm so not ready for all, I love the summer too much! But I love your projects. That banner is darling and the layout is awesome. Love how you used the Glimmer Mist on it!
so how you are you????
I am ready too!! It's the most beautiful time of year!!
Love your garland and the embossing!! I always forget about embossing!
Post a Comment