Friday, September 25, 2009

It's the Most WONDERFUL Time of the Year!

For me it is! I LOVE FALLL! And I was so excited that it officially arrived this past Tuesday! I got out all my Autumn decorations nearly 2 weeks ago already, because I just couldn't help myself! I took pictures too to share. Staci posted a thread over at A Million Memories showing some of her decor for the season and wanted others to share their stuff too, so I just uploaded my pix there, but wanted to get them here on my blog too. I know I've shown some of my favorites on here last year too, but I suppose there are some new readers that haven't seen any of it yet! I didn't buy anything new this year but there's still plenty of time :) I'll be going to a Fall Craft show in about 2 weeks and I usually have luck at finding something there that catches my eye! Yesterday we went and got some pumpkins to sit next to all 5 trees in our front yard along with some corn stalks that were cut down from our garden... I think it looks kinda cute, but I'd also like for us to get some potted mums to set around too...

Then here's my alpine tree that I decorated with some cute Halloween stuff...







... and more of the front porch decorated...















I showed this guy last year I know, but here's my Pumpkin guy (one of the last things that my dad got for me before he passed)! I love this sooo much...

















... and now, here's the mantle in the Living Room...













We keep this sweet, "Two Together" Willow Tree babies box on our Mantle with both Ava and Amelia's ashes in it. Ava's ashes used to be in a seperate Willow Tree angel box, but then after we had lost Amelia too, I later found this box when we were needing one for Amelia as well. I saw this and I instantly knew this was perfect for both of their ashes... to be together!! Anyway, I had these adorable lil' ceramic pumpkins, so they are playing with their pumpkins now, lol!! :)

I also took some pix of our Kitchen and Dining tables...


So there's most of my favorite Fall decorations around our house, but now I'm excited for the leaves on the trees to be changing their colors! We are having vacation this week and we don't really have any plans set in stone but I sorta like vacations like that. I think on Sunday we're just gonna set out driving and wherever we decide we wanna stop we will. We do a lot of our vacations like this and we always seem to enjoy them. I would love to stay in a Bed & Breakfast somewhere this time, so we'll see! It's also that time of year for the Bloomsburg Fair! I've been looking forward to fair week for months now. It starts tomorrow and ends next Sat. but I think we are going to try and go on opening day for a bit and then maybe again when we get home from our excursions!

In other scrappy news, I was stoked to get one of my cards picked up for Kimber McGray's upcoming card idea book that she's doing with F+W Media (Memory Makers books)! Funny how it was the 1 out of the 3 that I submitted that I least expected to be chosen! I think that happens so often... perhaps from now on when I submit I should just show what I don't really care for, lol! I am really happy to be chosen for this book however because the cards will be going for a awesome cause rather than being returned to the artists. All cards are going to be given to Cards for Heros at Operation Write Home. I love that!

I'm sure I have other stuff I could blog about right now, but I really do need to do some cleaning and such around here before we go away this weekend, so I'll just wrap it up for now. But I'll hopefully be back soon with some fun new pictures from the fair and our vacay!

8 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Wow, I just started to get the fall stuff out and look at all you have already. You go girl, looks great!

Tara Powell said...

I saw these pics over at AMM but wanted to comment here also!
I hope to get my fall decor out this weekend
Congrats on making it into the card book!! Wow!
:)
Tara

Fink said...

I have not gotten my fall stuff out yet! I will soon! Hopefully soon after homecoming. Great that your card was picked up! How exciting!

CJensen said...

I LOVE all of your beautiful fall decorations! We should be hitting fall FINALLY with a cool down next week.

Congrats on your card being picked up for the card idea! I am so happy to hear when such deserving people as yourself get their work pubbed!!

By the way, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog lately! You are too sweet, and I am sorry to have been behind in following and updating blogs :)

Beth said...

I love seeing your decorations, Andrea! I started mine a week ago, but still working on it! I might get it to the point that yours is, but maybe not as good. LOL!!

Elizabeth said...

Andrea your home looks very cozy and inviting! I love it. All of your decorations are adorable! I got out mine a couple of weeks ago as well, LOL! :)

I think just getting into the car and driving is a really cool idea! I think I am going to mention that to D and see what he says! Maybe we can do this next year, what a cool idea! Hope that you have fun!

Way to go on making it into the book, you deserve it because your heart and work are both awesome!!

wendyp said...

Beautiful job again this year decorating! I love seeing your fall decorations because it inspires me to drag out the decorations and get going.

Have fun this week whatever you decide to do! and huge CONGRATS on the pub!!!!

Staci Taylor said...

aww, thanks for the shout out girl! you know I looove your decorations! can't wait to see what you get at the fall craft show ;-) Congrats again on your toot - can't wait to see the book!