Friday, October 30, 2009

Squeezin' in One More October Hoorah & Some Blog Awards and Such!

Warning: This maybe a long-winded post from me today, due to the fact that yes, October is coming to a close :( and I wanted to squeeze in one last post for my favorite month! I can't believe that we are now headed into November and Thanksgiving Day is almost at our door... WOW! Where has 2009 gone to? Certainly there are those days that I just wish they would hurry up already and leave me alone, but for the most part I just wish I could stop the clocks and take more time to enjoy the people and the things around me. I don't believe I do that enough -- so easy to take all the "everyday stuff" for granted!

Anyway, it's Halloween weekend so I wanted to show off something cute that I made here the other week to add into my seasonal Fall/Halloween decor. You know all those sweet lil' home decor wood signs with inspirational sayings or quotes on them that are in all the stores? Well, I decided to make myself a "SPOOKY" sign out of a scrap of wood block and some Imaginisce goodies. I painted my block black and then sanded the edges first. Then I cut a piece of the orange dotted paper from Imaginisce's Twitterpated line down to size and ran the left hand side through my Cuttlebug machine to emboss the Spiderweb texture on it. I inked the edges and the web before adhering to the block with Mod-Podge (Matte) adhesive. My lettering I cut using the Cricut, Winter Woodland font... probably my new current favorite font from a Cricut cart! I then stamped the Imaginisce Skull stamp twice onto a piece if their Old Whirled Elegance paper, cut them out and embellished with Eye of Newt brads for eyes. After I glued all these pieces onto the block I finished the sign off with a spritzing of Old Lace Glimmer Mist (also a favorite in my scrap supply arsenal these days). Very fun project to do, and I can see myself whipping up a bunch more of these now for all other occassions and holidays!


Next... thought I'd share another card design of mine using Cosmo Cricket... and my Cuttlebug folders and Cricut... believe me, I find it hard anymore to scrap or create without those two handy-dandy machines. Seriously!! Again I created another "Houndstooth" pumpkin for this card... quite obsessed with makin' those :)

Isn't it just perfect for a pumpkin though?
Okay, one more scrappy thing to share that I've been working on, but this one has to only be a peek for now because I still have to finish... hope to do that later today before all the Trick-or-Treaters invade my porch! Can you believe that I have never scrapped with Webster's Pages before this layout that's in progress now? I am almost embarrassed to admit that...oy! I have had some of their beautiful papers from various collections piled nicely on my counter, just waiting to be chosen. Wanting to be used. I could not deny their prettiness anymore! The page is coming together nicely, so I'll be sure to share it with you all as soon as I can!

Oh, and dare I say, I also combined it with some fabulous trinkets from the Vintage Findings Making Memories collection too!
Now, onto some cool blog awards that I've been given from some friends! This morning, Beth gave me this one...

Thanks, Beth! Like I said, you are a big sweetie! In recognition of this award I now must answer a list of questions with only 1 word replies for each... should be easy :)
Here are the questions: (Copy and paste your list)
1. Where is your cell phone? STAND
2. Your hair? DRY
3. Your mother? GIVING
4. Your father?
REMEMBERED
5. Your favorite food?
CHICKEN
6. Your dream last night?
NONE
7. Your favorite drink?
TEA
8. Your dream/goal?
BABY
9. What room are you in?
GREEN
10. Your hobby?
CREATING
11. Your fear?
BABY-LOSS
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?
HERE
13. Where were you last night?
HOME
14. Something that you aren't?
PATIENT
15. Muffins?
CHOCOLATE
16. Wish list item?
BABY
17. Where did you grow up?
PENNSYLVANIA
18. Last thing you did? TRASH
19. What are you wearing?
LOUNGE-WARE
20. Your TV?
ON
21. Your Pets?
NONE
22. Friends?
MORE
23. Your life?
JOURNEY
24. Your mood?
SLEEPY
25. Missing Someone?
ALWAYS
26. vehicle?
PONTIAC
27. Something you're not wearing?
SOCKS
28. Your favorite store?
TARGET
29. Your favorite color?
GREEN
30. When was the last time you laughed?
NIGHT
31. Last time you cried?
WEDNESDAY
32. Your best friend?
MUGI
33. One place that I go to over and over? LAUNDRY-ROOM
34. Facebook? SOME
35. Favorite place to eat? OUTBACK
Sooo now it's my turn to name and bestow the above award to 5 other cool ladies whom I admire and know to be "Over the Top"! In no particular order, they are...
And now onto another award given a few weeks ago, and I'm just now (remembering).... soorry, Ellen, but thank you :D I am honored that you picked me, really I am! Looks like she wants me to be HONEST, so... here it goes...
TEN HONEST THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
1. I am insecure. About alot.
2. One of the reasons why I hope to one day be a mother to an"earthly" child/children is for a purely selfish reason... I have an intense fear of growing old and dying alone with no other family around.
3. I honestly hate to iron and I enjoy that fact that my dh will gladly iron his work clothes.
4. I love deeply.
5. I often wish I could trade places with someone who has easy pregnancies (Michelle Duggar comes to mind, lol), and wish I knew what it's really like to have a "normal" pregnancy.
6. I feel that sometimes I am too invested in this quest to be a mom, and that I'm just wasting time when I could be improving myself in other areas... career-wise and being a better spouse, for example!
7. There's a certain Design Team that I'd like to be on right now... well, 2 teams to be really honest!
8. I'm not a patient person. That's not good!
9. I need to lose weight. And I'm working at that!
10. This honesty list is hard... glad I'm on ten because I can't come up with anymore :)
I know... now you are all so eager to see if you are all on my list for the "Honest Scrap" award!
Again, in no particular order, here are 5 stand-outs of my pickin'...


Okay... that about does it for today... just one more thing. I am actually for the 1st time in many many years, going to be home tonight handing out treats for all the neighborhood Halloweeners! Well, this is only our 2nd year in this neighborhood, but last year, I totally forgot what night was trick-or-treat night and didn't have candy bought. This year I am all prepared....


Mmmm---- Kit-Kats, Butterfingers and Nestle Crunch bars!
Now if I can only keep my hands off of it all, lol!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :D

26 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

Girl, that is an awesome project, I love it!

Staci Taylor said...

thx so much for the award, andrea! it was great learning more about you! that sneak looks gorgeous, I love that card and your spooky sign is amazing! you always have the best projects!

Tara Powell said...

I'm coming to YOUR house to Trick or Treat!! ;)
LOVE all of your creations, especially that awesome SPOOKY sign!
Thanks for the blog award, I hate to be a party pooper but someone else gave me that same award about a week ago. Hope you don't mind if I don't repeat the 10 honest things
(I'm not that interesting anyway LOL)
Hope you have a great weekend!
Loved your cards too!
:)
Tara

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award, you're sweet. And, I just love the pumpkin with the houndstooth, it's so gorgeous.

Debbie Sherman said...

great projects Andrea!! Happy Halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your "spooky" sigh & your candy corn sweet holder, thats great!!!

Happy halloween!!!

ellen s. said...

awe! you are so sweet. i wish had words for you for your desire to be a mom. i hope you can find peace for wherever life leads you. i know it cannot be easy.

those projects are awesome. i love this month too! ;( makes me sad that it is over.

it has been busy and i know i have been bad about committing to get together...that weekend of the 14th is brain's birthday and his mom's is the same weekend. would you want to go to my mom's the following weekend to scrap with my scrapping group {my sister, mom, some of her friends, our friends...it's fun!}

email me...sorry this got Long, lmao

claire62 said...

Andrea, I loved reading your answers. And your spooky sign is way super cute! I love what you did. I think I might have to borrow your idea for a Thanksgiving sign. I can't wait to see what you do with the Webster's Pages products! Have a happy halloween! hugs - Amy Tara

Teresa Kline said...

your cards are gorgeous and I adore the spooky sign, great style!

I enjoyed reading over your one word list....I am so sorry for the losses you have had....God is in control and He knows best for our lives. He will give you your hearts desire, but we must beleive and have faith!

{{{big hugs}}}

enjoy *~*

Sherry Wright said...

The spooky sign is fab, love how you used the skulls! Loved learning more about you.. I hate ironing too and refuse to do it, lol. Have a great Halloween! :)

scrappermimi said...

Hey girl! Loving all these October projects...fabulous as usual!Big congrats on your awards...well deserved!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award.....its been too long since I've blogged. I don't think I've ever gone this long before!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Thanks for the blog award Andrea. I love your Spooky sign. Hope you had a Happy Halloween.

Suzanne said...

wow girl love those projects! I still love ooohing and ahhhing over your work...the detail just grabs me everytime. I'm due mid April....seems like an eternity away! Been thinking about you girl. Thanks for popping in and checking on me. I solemnly swear to make a better effort at blogging! Hugs

Anonymous said...

great projects!

Lucy Edson said...

Wonderful to read more about you, Andrea!

And What!! Never used Webster's....hehehe....I'm eager to see what you have created! :)

some kind of wonderful said...

those are some of the cutest halloween projects!! thanks for that inspiration! now to find some time!! lol!

Linda Beeson said...

I am so obsessed with my Cuttlebug and my folders too so I understand. I can't say enough how much I love that embossed pumpkin and the little notebook paper. CUTE!

Emily said...

I love your creations and your honesty. You are in my prayers as always. hugs!!!

Fink said...

Great stuff!! I love the pumpkin with the embossing!

Julie Overby said...

Cute, cute projects!!! I LOVE Making Memories Vintage Finds. Can't wait to see your layout!

wendyp said...

Thanks Andrea!!!! I loved reading all your answers!

Super cute projects! LOVING that alphabet on the spooky sign. I need to explore that Winter Woodland cart more!

Carla said...

I'm so glad I stopped by! I love your work-your blog is a real treat!!

Beth said...

Your Spooky sign is is so cute! I have a Glimmer Mist obsession as well, but just about any color suits me. LOL!

Love the honesty section, as hard as it is, it does make us take a hard look at ourselves, doesn't it? You will get your wishes, Andrea - I just know it!

Nancy said...

girl---I have missed your inspiration. I just went through your blog and love all of your projects and cards. Not to mention the front of your decorated house for Halloween...how cute...Hope you have a great week!!!

ladynurse4 said...

great stuff. Love the houndstooth pumpkin!