Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another Week Closer!

Can you believe Christmas is in another 10 days?  Hard to believe, but it will soon be here and gone for yet another year and 2010 is right on our doorsteps!  Just seems like yesterday when we were all in a tizzy wondering what would happen when the clock struck mid-night on New Year's 2000 :)  Gosh, nearly 10 years ago... doesn't even seem possible. 

I took some pix of our Christmas decorations around our home again this year and thought I'd share them here.  This first one here is of our babies' white tree which we have in our Living Room.  It has all of the ornaments on it which we've collected for our angel babies these past couple years. 



Here is the ornament that I found for our angels this year...


Isn't it the sweetest?  I saw this in at Kohl's when they first put out their Christmas merchandise, and I of course thought of my precious angel babes right away and I grabbed 3 of them.  After I got them home I took a brown Slick Writer marker and wrote each of their individual names and  the year on the bottoms.  Perfect addition to their tree this year :)

Sitting on the window are a collection of hand painted Santa figurines, and they are representations of Santas around the world.  This is a collection that we've gotten passed down from my parents... a church congregation member painted them all and gave them as a gift to my dad several years ago. 




This is how the mantle is decorated for the holiday...


The art work in the center is a pastel drawing that I had drawn and had framed as a Christmas gift to my parents back in 1999.  I quite like it!




And this here is an absolute favorite of mine to display from year to year!  It's a primitive pottery nativity scene which was a gift to us from my parents for our 1st Wedding Anniversary!  It's a treasure...


And this one is of the babies' stockings hung... these are the ones that were a gift to me from their wonderful daddy last Christmas...


Well, that just happens to only be half of our decorations.  We also set up the bigger tree and some other things down in our basement area this year and I didn't even take pictures down there yet.  Maybe later, and if not, we'll be opening gifts down there this year so I'll have pix in some form later ;) 

And before I move on outta here for the time being, thought I'd also share a sampling of the Christmas cards that I made this year... need to share a lil' something crafty after all...







I did these using the Winter Woodland Cricut cartridge and dressed them up with some chunky glitter, Prima flowers and pearl and glitter and gem brads.  Thanks for stopping by... I'll try to make it back for another post before the 24th, but have yourselves a great week getting all the last minute stuff checked off your lists! :)

16 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I can't believe Christmas is so close, I'm not ready! =) Love your holidays decorations, gorgeous! And the ornament you chose is precious. Have a wonderful holiday!

Tea said...

Very cute ornament and lovely decorations.

Jen Martakis said...

Andrea, the ornaments are beautiful and so very perfect. I love all of your decorations. The santa collection is really neat. :)

I just love your cards. They are wonderful! Merry Christmas!!!

Pamela said...

Your house is beautifully decorated!

Beth said...

I love your family treasures that you have Andrea, & your knack for displaying them all is as pretty as your crafty work!

Tracey Taylor said...

What beautiful decorations. I love the cards you made. black and white is so elegant.

Danielle Flanders said...

Beautiful decor!! I really love that clear glass container with the ornaments inside...very pretty! I was thinking about doing that with my mantle with some white vases and red ornaments...I love red!

Unknown said...

ohh the ornaments are just beautiful and perfect for your babies -- all the decor looks lovely!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow to everything but BIG WOW to your fabulous cards! I would be amazed if these arrived in the mail.

scrappermimi said...

Your pictures are lovely! And those cards...gorgeous!

Staci Taylor said...

your xmas decorations look beautiful, and i love the new ornaments you bought for the babies' tree! gorgeous cards, too, they're so pretty and elegant! yes, SO hard to believe that Y2k was 10 years ago, that really is blowing my mind!!

Emily said...

Gorgeous as usual. I so wish I had the time to decorate more. I just don't. Love the b&w cards. My christmas wish is for you this year, for a healthy baby in 2010. I know that is your wish too.

Andrea Amu said...

Aww, thanks so much for that wish, Em! It is one of my biggest wishes too, but I'm not sure about 2010! Don't get me wrong, I'd love 2010, but it's not totally up to me and DH... there's a bigger man in charge, lol!

Lydia said...

Wow your mantle looks fabulous, great job, also really love the white tree so vintage retro looking

Elizabeth said...

I love your house decorations, you have such a cozy home!!! Everything is beautiful!

I cannot believe we're that close to Christmas too!!! I am SO excited!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and are blessed!

I really love your cards as well, so beautiful!

I am praying for you friend, please always know that!
love,
e.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Beautiful decorations and cards. Hope you have a wonderful and very merry Christmas :)