Monday, December 7, 2009

Glitter, Bling and Cuttlebug!

Good Monday to ya!  And a very cold Monday at that!

I've decided to participate in a challenge going on over at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot this week.  I'm entering a card in hopes of winning one of *15* Cuttlebug folders that they will be giving to some lucky peeps!  They are being sponsered by, Oh My Crafts!, who has 4 new exclusive Christmas folders from Provo Craft!  One can never have too many Cuttlebug embossing folders now can they?!  No... never too many! ;)  So, here's my card... the requirements of the challenge are to use glitter, bling and Cuttlebug.  Easy enough!

Winter Wishes

The "wishes" tag that I used on this card was cut from the Cricut Winter Woodland cart and embossed with the snowflake folder.  I cut my snowflake-like flowers out using Cuttlebug dies and then I embossed them (Victoria and Diamond Plate folders) and blinged up the centers with sugar coated doodlebug brads.  Those loopy edges are Bazzill decorative edges and I stickled them with Frosted Lace Stickles. The alphas that I added for "WINTER" are AC Thickers and I stickled them too!  After my card was all assembled I gave it an all-over spritz with my Old Lace Glimmer Mist to give the card an even icier sheen. 
Here's another detail photo, and don't forget if you click on the photos, you can see them all even larger...



And now for other scrappy news of the day, I found out recently that I did NOT make the design team for the new company, Couture Cardstock, however, I was asked to be a guest designer for them in the coming year!  I gave it my best shot, so I couldn't be prouder about that.  I'm very excited about my guest designer spot and I congratulate the new team!  You can read the announcement today for the new designers here.

Okay, I'm off to make a run to the store.  I am finally baking some Christmas cookies today and there's a few extra ingredients that I need to go fetch.  But, I hope to be back a little later this week to post some pix of our Christmas decorations!  Hope you all have a terrific week of Christmas preparations ahead!

21 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

Congrats on the GDT spot Andrea! They are lucky to have you! Beautiful work here as always :)

Alyssa said...

Congrats on the GDT spot, Andrea! Your work is wonderful, and I can't wait to see what you create for us!

Elizabeth said...

Way to go with the GDT spot girlie!!! Your work rocks!!!! :)

And that card, well all of your cards are amazing girlie, I love this one!! Good luck!!!

And your making cookies, that is really great! I wished that I could get into that myself. I bought tins and everything one year and nothing.... Oh well!

Happy cookie making!
e.

amy said...

congrats on the GDT spot!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your card is GORGEOUS!! Love, love, love it!! Congrats on the guest DT, it will be fun!!

Emily said...

You have to for sure win, just beautiful. I love the thanksgiving pictures as well. Time just flies it seems like yesterday that my nieces were babies and now they are teenagers. AAHHHH!!!

Beth said...

Awww, C'mon Andrea!! Give me a a little better chance here, would ya??? (JK girl!!) THIS is sure to be one of the winners in the challenge!

Also, CONGRATS on the GDT spot!!! WTG girl!!

Kim Faucher said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful.. love that embossing!!

Shantaie said...

gorgeous card! Love your vibrant shades of blue!

have fun with your GDT spot!

Im so happy you took the bling challenge at cuttlebug challenge blog!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card..
`Congrats` on your DT spot:)xxx
Thanks for joining in with the CB Challenges:)x

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh gorgeous Amy. Good luck, you definitely have an awesome shot with that card! I really need to make some cookies too. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

ellen s. said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is SO COOL! congrats...wahoo!

that card is GORGEOUS!

Fink said...

Bling and glitter is definately it!

Mary Jo said...

What a gorgeous card! Love those colors!

Staci Taylor said...

Wow, that card is gorgeous, andrea!! i love how the top sticks over the top of the card! and big congrats about the GDT spot, can't wait to see what you do!!

Megan said...

Wow I love this card it is so beautiful. Great job!

sarah said...

what a gorgeous project! congrats on the guest DT! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Jen Martakis said...

Your card is gorgeous Andrea! Good luck with the contest. Congrats on your GDT spot! That is awesome!!

Linda Beeson said...

First of all, the colors you used are amazing and second, I LOVE that loopy border!

Melanie said...

GIRL - that is gorgeous!!! I hope you win!!!

wendyp said...

omgosh, Andrea this is stunning!!! Beautiful project!

Congrats on the Guest DT spot! I can't wait to see what you create! I'm sure its going to be spectacular!!!!