Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm Back!

You ask from where?  Lol... nowhere really.  Not like I left on vacaction or anything, although I wish.  I just don't know where time seems to go.  It's been almost 3 weeks I think since I updated my blog, but I have been keeping super busy. 

Not much to chat about today, but I do have a card creation that was posted over on the Couture Cardstock blog the other week.  We were lucky to have a product exchange with Prima Marketing, and this card features some of the gorgeous floral accents I was givin' to create with. 



Couture Cardstock teamed with Prima creates classic elegance, and I just love the combination! When I saw the packets of white paper and pink tinted canvas flowers from Prima, I could only imagine how terrific they would look dressing up a pretty spring hat. The White Monochromatic family of Couture Cardstock,  combined with Prima's romantic elements definitely inspire my Shabby-Chic side!

The Hat Stand image cut from the Heritage Cricut cartridge was the perfect choice for providing the romantic element that I wanted for this card. A sheet of Prima IOD patterned paper was used to create the 6x6 card base, as well as additional flowers to adorn the hat. Three different sizes of artisan label frames (Cricut- "Just Because" cards cart.) were cut from Alabaster Columns cardstock. The top layer was given added dimension with foam adhesive and once the embellished hat stand, which was cut from Winter White was adhered to the front, the entire card was given a spritz of Old Lace Glimmer Mist. All of these products work together so well to create the perfectly Shabby-Chic inspired card design!

Also, the new May kit for Serendipity will be up soon on the 1st of May!  This one was a gorgeous kit to design with so I look forward to showcasing what I was able to create with it.  For now though I will leave you all with a lil' peek...



and...


Did you take notice to the Pink Paislee yummies?  Yes indeedy... they make me swoon!  :D  Make sure to come back here after the 1st if you want to see more :)

One more thing... if you like on-line crops, be sure to come check out the fun week-long crop that is being kicked off today over at Creative Cookbooking...The Iron Chef Cropetition!  I'll be posting my challenge a bit later today! 

16 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

Gorgeous ,Andrea!!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

such a stuning card- I love all those layers!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is so beautiful, how does it get better then a pretty hat with flowers! Loving those sneak peeks too.

Marlene said...

Fantastic card! Stunning, really!

Anonymous said...

Love the layering on that card!! Super yummy. Can't wait to see your full layouts, those sneaks are fantastic. Hope you're doing well!! xoxoxo

Rebecca Keppel said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Such a pretty spring hat. And your peeks are fabulous :)

Debbie said...

Sure did miss you. Was wondering where you were and what you were up to. The card is scrumptious! Love the softness of the colors and flowers. Can't wait to see your DT work!

hope said...

I'm new this whole blog world, so I'm just finding you - and - oh my goodness! Your work is LOVELY!!

ellen s. said...

oh my! the detail you can get on a card just blows me away!!! gorgeous

and the sneaks look FAB!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Andrea, what an awesome card! Can't wait to see more. This would be so perfect for my SIL who is ill. How exciting to be working with a manufacturer! You so deserve it with all that talent of yours!

Beth said...

Is there ANY Cricut cartridge you don't have??? I might just have to lift this card idea from you if I ever get the Heritage cart., which I DO want! The next trick will be getting those awesome flowers!

And your sneaks are killing me cuz I see some really great elements there!

Dria said...

Beautiful card! I also love the way you embellished the Pink Paislee scroll embellishment!

Lisa said...

Beautiful stuff and LOVE those sneaks!

Renee Lamb said...

Beautiful card Andrea!! Love the layering of the flowers! Glad to have you back! ;)

Unknown said...

Those little primas are so sweet and your sneaks are uber sneaky!

Wendy Kwok said...

Look at that card! Gorgeous and the dimension is amazing!