It's that time of the year for Paper Craft's Gallery Idol contest, and of course at practically the last moment, well, the last day of open auditions (card submissions), I decided to throw a handful of my "Thank You" related cards into the mix. This morning they announced the Top 20 finalists to move on in the competition, and of course I was hoping that one of my cards would progress onto the next stage, but alas... ya win some and you loose some, and of course I sadly lost! But, hey... we all can't be winners. Just need to try harder next time, right?! Anyway, since I have been quite neglectful of my bloggy here, thought I'd share one of the cards I submitted for PC Gallery Idol ... again, the theme was Thank You cards.
I used Webster's Pages pp and journal card. The large flower and mirror were both cut using my Cricut and the flower was misted several layers with a mix of Glimmer Mists (I believe Coffee Bean, Old Lace and Antique Brass). The flocked flower is a Prima with a pearl brad in the center from Michael's Recollections.
I also have some cards that I can now share with you that I did for Couture Cardstock! These were both using the White Monochromatic collection.
For this above card, we had also teamed up with Prima for the month so I was able to create with some of their beautiful floral product! I love how this turned out with their jewel and crystal embellishing on my handmade denim pocket with distressing and Glimmer Misting in Fall Breeze! I also added stitching detail to the pocket with a white gel pen.
And here's another...this one I used the honey-comb/flower die set from Cuttlebug and I cut out the honey comb design and then used them as masks to mask out the background in yellow using Lemon Zest Glimmer Mist...
Onto other news, sad news... I recently found out that Serendipity Scrapbooks is closing it's doors! It is always sad to see a store/company go, and it's even sadder for me because I haven't had much time there yet! I just joined the Serendipity community 4-5 months ago and I was very happy there already and felt at home. Being a part of the DT there for 4 months was an absolute joy! I loved the kits there that Kristen put together and the inspiration seemed to always be endless. Serendipity will certainly be missed by me!! I can only pray that Kristen will be blessed in her future endeavors because she is one creative lady!!






9 comments:
Andrea, in my mind you are in the top! Beautiful cards and so creative. Love your originality using the honey comb! I also am sorry to hear about Serendipty. I have bought several kits from there and am sad to see them go.
Wonderful cARDS AND i love THE WAY YOU STAGED THEM TO TAKE THE PICS!
These cards are simply gorgeous!!! love them! thank you so much for your comment on my blog today! i appreciate it so much.
XO
Danielle
awwww...sweetie...I'm in the loser section with ya! But hopefully you had fun in the process! At least we got some things created! And I LOVE the bloom card!!! They are all gorgeous but I love the design and elements you used on that one! Have a great weekend!
you are wonderful Andrea, and those projects are gorgeous!
Beautiful projects!
I would love it if you would try out for my DT Call. All the details can be found on my blog http://thescrapmaster.blogspot.com
Hugs,
Samantha
First, your cards are lovely! Secondly, I'm surprised about Serendipity. That was one of my very first design teams. Sorry to see them go!
Your cards are gorgeous as always. I love the bloom and grow one. I will miss hanging out at SS with you :(
You do such amazing cards, my friend - totally their loss!! sorry to hear about serendipity - i remember how hard it was to lose a community i loved when CMK shut its doors!
Post a Comment