Another one of my design team positions, that is!! And I must say, it was one of the best teams that I've ever had the priviledge of designing for. But sadly, it has all come to an abrupt demise and I am totally bummed! :( Anyway, one night last week I was informed that I no longer design for Couture Cardstock. Major financial changes within their parent company, Cardstock Warehouse, has resulted in a complete reorganization and the result is a very abrupt and immediate end to the Couture Cardstock company that I have known and loved designing for these past few months. We are not certain as to the future of Couture Cardstock, all we really know is that the direction in which the parent company has decided to go, no longer includes the services of the former staff, including our president, CarrieAnne DeLoach, and all of us designers. If you have any questions, you may contact the Cardstock Warehouse staff directly. :(
So yes, I am not happy at all. I LOVED working with the Couture cardstock brand and designing for CC really pushed me into new directions and allowed me to grow in my card designing. I will miss my position drastically... all the CC designers were extremely talented and each had her own unique style, making it one top-notch, amazing team! I only wish the best of luck to all these wonderful ladies as they go onto their future creative endeavors! You ALL are fabulous!
Needless to say, the very same night I was given this depressing announcement, I had just finished completing my Couture card designs for the upcoming CHA show for this month! Talk about a stake through the heart! Knowing that all the CC designers, including myself, put in so much hard work preparing their projects for display at CHA and now they are no longer needed, is to say the least, very disheartening! Ahhh... well, I will be sure to share them here on my blog and in my galleries as soon as I get them all photographed, so be on the look out!
Sorry I don't have anything creative to share with you today, but it is the 4th of July today and we were at a family picnic for most of the day. Now we are home for a bit and dh is taking a nap... and we are thinking about going to the movies later to see the new Adam Sandler movie, Grown-Ups! I want to go watch it at the drive-in, so we'll see... dh rather have us go to the mall theater to watch it! I don't think he wants to see the double feature of Toy Story 3, lol!
So before I end this post for the day, I thought I'd share a few pictures from our day at the Creation music festival we went to this past Thursday... it was freakin' awesome! Being among some 50,000 praising fans is definitely a site to behold! Here's a view of the sea of people...
We made our way up pretty close to main stage! Luckily it was in the 70's that day so we didn't have to contend with the horrid heat as we have in past years.
This photo is of Michael Taite from the group, The Newsboys, formally from DC Talk! The Newsboys really put on a great show! We are big fans of Michael Taite and have seen him several times with DC Talk so it was really neat to see him perform with the Newsboys now too.
And the last photo above is a group shot of Casting Crowns. This is another of our favorites. We've seen them in concert now twice this year and both times have been phenomenal!
Okay, I gotta go, but... I hope everyone has been having a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend... they always go so quickly, don't they?!






20 comments:
You must live in PA, I was going to go to creation but work wouldnt allow it :( I live near Harrisburg...Im so sorry to hear about the design team, but when god closes one area he makes oppurtunities for other areas...God Bless..
So sorry to hear about the DT:( but you are so talented and will definately pic up other design work.
So sorry to hear about CC! That stinks! And I can't believe you did all of your CHA work, too. Ugh. As Scrappin Susie said, other opportunities will be right around the corner.
Great pics! That concert must have been a lot of fun. :)
Thanks for letting me know about the new LSS. I'm so excited!! I don't have one near me, so it will be a good thing to have that one!
So sorry to hear about CC and all the work you did for CHA. I keep thinking things will turn around soon and then more stores & manufacturers close. Your work is beautiful. It won't be long that you find a new place to showcase it.
That stinks!
But creation sounds like a blast!
I heard about this and think it's soooo sad. And to think of all the work you did getting ready for CHA. I'm sure there will be another slot down the road for you .. you are so talented! Hugs your way!
We have Creation NW here, but I've never been able to make it. Jealous but happy you got to enjoy it!
I'm sorry to hear about the DT and the company itself. Its always so sad to hear about things like that. I do look forward to seeing your cards though, they are always so wonderful!!!
Hope you are going good girl, thinkin' about ya today!
e.
So sorry to hear about CC. This economy has really been hard on the scrapbooking industry! You lucky girl! I saw Casting Crowns two years ago and loved them. Never been to see Newsboys or DC Talk. We are taking the girls to see Third Day this week though for their birthdays. Can't wait. ADORE Mac Powell! :)
Sorry to hear about your DT issue. What a bummer! Looks like your festival was lots of fun. Have a great day Andrea! Amy Tara
So sorry about the changes with the cardstock team, I have had those things happen and it is jarring! I can't imagine that concert you went too - wowie! That would be amazing.
ugh, i heard that about CC, i'm so sorry andrea! i can imagine how sad that is for you - i always loved seeing your work with them! how fun that you got to go to a music festival, those are always a blast!
awww
I am soo sorry hon!!
doesn't that just .... - insert bad word here-
But.. the festival looks great!
sooo love event's like that!
So sorry to hear about you DT. That is sad. I am so jealous about the concert though. It had to be amazing.
Sorry to hear about your DT position. I remember looking at the beautiful cards you had posted and thought you did such a beautiful job. Where one door closes, another on opens. Don't get discouraged, something else will come up. Thanks for sharing your concert pictures. Glad you both had a good time!
Sorry to hear about that!!!! That is a big bummer ((((HUGS)))) I will be watching your blog for the cards..I am sure they are lovely, your work is always amazing!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and telling me about the cards Dec call..I haven't submitted in forever but since it matched the call I sent it their way. Thanks again!!
ooh, the concert looks fun!! Sorry to hear about the design team with CC. THat's a real bummer and I can only imagine how disheartening it was right before CHA. big hugs...this just frees you up to explore other opportunities!
oh man! i just saw this. holy cow that stinks!
Ouch! That had to sting!! I am so saddened to hear that you are out of another DT. What was up with the way they handled it?
Well, I know you, Andrea. You'll be getting picked up by bigger & better companies - did you try for BoBunny? I didn't this time.
[B]p90x worksheets[/B] One more extremely significant truth [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90[/URL][/B] you may have to bear in mind about How to Begin Muscle Creating and Fat Burning is [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com/insanity-workout-dvds.html]workout review[/URL][/B] you might have to make certain [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]px90 extreme workout dvds[/URL][/B] you might uncover some of the greatest workout programs, [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x reviews[/URL][/B] because they'll assist you to develop all of the muscle groups within your body. [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x worksheets[/URL][/B] Make certain that you might seek out the assist of professional trainer to produce [B]does p90x work[/B] [B]p90x nutrition guide[/B] happen.
Initial, when [B]workout review[/B] start working to build the muscles, [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x nutrition guide[/URL][/B] would like to be quite careful not to over do. [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90x worksheets[/URL][/B] cannot build the muscle while [U]does p90x really work[/U] are lying on the back! What we mean by this is do not hurt yourself, mainly because when [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com]p90[/URL][/B] are hurt you will not be ready to do [B]p90x or insanity[/B] kind of weight lifting or physical exercise. Although [B][URL=http://www.fitnessworkoutclub.com/insanity-workout-dvds.html]insanity workout[/URL][/B] need to be working hard, [B]p90x reviews[/B] [B]px90 extreme workout dvds[/B] can't overdue it!
Post a Comment