Yes, that's right... time for another fabulous blog-hop... who doesn't love one of those? And for this one we are hoppin' to celebrate a very special 3rd Birthday!
Yup, Simply Obsessed is celebrating HER 3rd Birthday... woot-woot... perfect cause for a Par-tay! So grab yourself an early morning cup o' joe or a diet dr. pepper perhaps (whatever gets you going), and prepare to be inspired with various ways to celebrate a birthday in style! The SO Design Team as well as SO community members like me have come up with many great ideas to share, so be sure to check them all out. The best part is that the party doesn't end here with the hop! Simply Obsessed is also celebrating with one of their famously fab on-line crops throughout the entire weekend, hosted by DT Member Jenny! She has fabulous games and super fun challenges prepared for this fun~tastic Birthday weekend! Of course, what would a Birthday Celebration be without GIFTS?? Rather than us receiving the gifts for our birthday, YOU will! The more you participate, the better chance you will have of getting one of the MAGNIFICENT presents we have waiting to be opened! You WILL want to join us if you are wanting to scrap it up this weekend! Hope to see you there!
Okay, let's get this party started... you should have reached my blog from Brandi's blog! If not, please start at the beginning with the Simply Obsessed blog and work your way through, to the end.
Here is the entire list of SO participants for your convienence...
SO blog http://www.soscrapbookingkits.blogspot.com/
Susan http://susan-memoriestolastalifetime.blogspot.com/
Stacy http://sassynsweetscrappin.blogspot.com/
Ronda http://ronda-no-h.blogspot.com/
Angie http://mylittleblessings123.blogspot.com/
Janet http://janetsjoy.blogspot.com/
Joyce http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
Brandi http://brandilynpitts.blogspot.com/
Andrea http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/ (YOU ARE HERE)
Jenny http://scrappinjen-partyoffive.blogspot.com/
Julie http://scrappinawaytheday.blogspot.com/
Lisa http://www.createfor7.blogspot.com/
briannalm http://www.jillofallcrafttradez.blogspot.com/
Karry http://karryweaver.blogspot.com/
Shana http://www.yayaprincessblog.blogspot.com/
Nicole http://scrapmethis.blogspot.com/
Sarah http://www.scrapcetera.com/
Barb http://supermamascraps.blogspot.com/
Mo http://momostamper.blogspot.com/
Pam http://www.pamelamann-creativityunleashed.blogspot.com/
Misty http://mommyof5kidz.blogspot.com/
For my party favor I'd like to share a Birthday card design idea with you all!
My hubby's birthday was this week so I wanted to make him a card, and I don't know about you all, but for me it's often difficult to come up with a masculine design! So I had some negative scraps of patterned paper laying on my table which I had cut using my Cricut. I was using a sheet of Block Party pp from BoBunny which happened to have a masculine feel with the brown tones. I had previously cut stars out of this paper for another project, and then I got to thinking that the negative scrap of stars would look great on a birthday card for him. I cut the negative piece into perfect edges and then adhered it to the front of a cut and folded kraft card base.
I then cut out my Happy Birthday sentiment with the Cricut Don Juan font and adhered the letters to the front. I completed the card easy peasy with some BoBunny buttons and bling! The perfect, simple card for a guy on his Birthday!
I hope you are enjoying the SO blog-hop, and now you can go check Jenny's blog and see what for fun party favor she has for you! And remember to keep partying with us this weekend at the SO "Scrap That Vacation" on-line crop that will begin on this Friday, Aug. 13th! You can sign yourself up in HERE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Simply Obsessed!!!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








32 comments:
i have a feeling i will be making some cute cards today! awesome card!
I love how you are doing those longer cards, they are just so awesome girlie!
Miss you today!
Have a fun party!
love that masculine card-THX I needed that inspo
love the card!
great card,you pulled off masculine greatly!i love the cut out stars!
very awesome masculine card :D
love that card, so masculine.
Awesome card. I'm sure your husband will love it.
that is such a great card for a man!
What a unique and beautiful card!
love your man-ly card - great idea to use up the negative spaces with the stars!!
That is the perfect guy card! Love it!
That card is amazing! Thanks for sharing it.
I agree, bday cards for the guys can be SO hard!! Yours is perfect! :)
I LOVE the colors on your bday card! Thanks for sharing that with us.
What a fabulously masculine funky unique card! I love this!
What a great card! Love the masculine look!
Great card! Love it!
Happy B-day to your hubby. I bet he loved the card! Thanks for the inspiration.
Great card! I love the stars!
love your stuff Andrea. so glad you played along!
LOVE that card!!!
so pretty!! i love how you used the negative space!
Such a perfect masculine card....oops, I think I hear a "scraplift" calling me, lol! TFS!
I love the card!
Very clever card!
Wow, that's a big blog hop.
Great idea with the cutouts! Love this manly card!
Love how you used the negative space on your card! Great masculine card!
I agree that it's hard to come up with masculine card designs. This one is amazing!
Love the card and cut outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment