Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some CHA Cards That Didn't Get To CHA-CHA!

Hey there! Wow, it's Tuesday already... I was thinkin' for a moment we were still on Monday, as it's been one of those days.  It's dreary outside and lately I've just been feeling a little gloomy on the inside myself!  But, I keep reminding myself that there are better days ahead... just got to believe that!  So, to add to the gloom and doom, lol, thought I'd share some of the card projects that I did in anticipation of going to the CHA tradeshow this past week in Chicago... but unfortuately they didn't get to make their CHA debut due to the Couture Cardstock dt being let go!  I was assigned a few Halloween cards using some of the Couture heavy-weight and metallic and sheer papers, so I thought you'd like to see them here on my blog.  These were both really fun to create, as I love the Fall season and was eager to work on the seasonal theme. 
This first card also features some gorgeous glitter paper from Bo Bunny their Terrace Glitter paper from the Jazmyne collection .  It really holds it's own paired with the gun-metal and purple colors of the metallic cardstock. 
 I cut the web and spider with my Cricut using the Wild Card and Designer's Calendar carts.  I embossed the web with the "tiny bubbles" Cuttlebug folder and then I glued on some cotton from the tip of a Q-tip swab sparingly for added texture!   I blinged out the spider with some Pink Paislee Pixi Stick glitter and highlighted the web line with a white gel-pen. 

This second card features a lot of embossed textures as well.  I used the "diamonds in the rough" Cuttlebug folder on the front panel of the card and the "criss-cross diamond" design folder is from Sissix. 
I used the sheer purple Couture paper for the half moon shape which I added some subtle texturing to with some Pearl Glimmer Mist.  The paper dries a bit crinkled, giving it a moon-surface texture. 
 The stamps for this card design are Pink Paislee

 I also made two other projects, but I may show them later since I've decided to submit them for some upcoming magazine publication calls.  Fingers crossed! ;)

So, what other scrappy stuff did I get into recently?  I did scrap a little this weekend and got this page finished...
I really like how it turned out with the mix of Echo Park Sweet Summertime and Girls' Paperie Paper Girl and On Holiday lines!  The photo was taken of us on Memorial Day this year... I love it!  I also used some of the yummy goodies content from July's Yellow Bag kit at FTLOA.  The stamps, the aqua dotted ribbon and the sequins that I stitched on are all from the kit! 

See those sweet clouds above?  I embossed some of  them with the "Conversation Hearts" Cuttlebug folder!  I'm loving using that sweet embossed design these days!!

There are some fun design team calls out and about right now!  Did you all hear that My Scrapbook Nook is looking for some new design team members??? I know the competition is going to be really steep over there, but I am throwing all caution to the wind and giving it a try!  What do I have to lose right?!  And heck, I just recently discovered that terrifically talented community and store... where have I been hiding my head? Lol!  I am really enjoying it there right now... tons of inspiration going on!

Oh geez, I almost forgot to mention a fun contest I just won with this card...

I just LUV the stamps I used on here, which are part of the "Traveling Stamps" being passed around over at For The Luv of Art.com! 

Punky Sprouts was the sponser of this past July's contest at FTLOA and we were challenged to use kraft or cardboard as a background to a project and mix in a bit of fabric for texture.  I cut off a pair of my jeans that I didn't want anymore and used some of the denim to create a pocket for my card.  The red houndstooth pattern was actually printed out onto a piece of kraft cardstock using a digi file from the awesome Chris Hertel.  I love this design of hers and find myself printing it out for many things!  Go visit her blog post if you want some too! :)  Oh, and by the way, my prize is a Punky Sprouts album!  If you haven't seen them or heard of them yet, you NEED to check them out!  They are made of recyled materials and they are really fun mixed media books! Well, thanks for taking a gander... I better get going for now.  Hope everyone has a great week as we all look forward to the weekend ahead!

12 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

Oh Andrea! Those cards are so amazingly detailed and fabulous. I love the spider's web. Love your gorgeous layout and your new profile pic!! And the denim is super cool too.

Staci Taylor said...

Oh girl, that LO is truly perfect, I love it!! and the cards are awesome, it's such a shame that they didn't make it to CHA as I know everyone would have loved seeing them in person! many hugs to you, hope your week gets brighter!

Debbie said...

Love your Halloween cards! Certainly not your typical colors for Halloween, but very striking cards. Your spiderweb is awesome! Love the layout of you and your hubby. Simply love Echo Park! Keep your chin up, as things will get better and brighter for you!

wendyp said...

Andrea that spider catching the heart...LOVE it! What a cute and creative idea. I have my fingers crossed for you as your wait to hear on DT calls!

Sherry C said...

Gorgeous cards, as always!! You're on a creative roll... good luck with the design team, you would be a fabulous member!

Jessica Wilson said...

Andrea, first of all those cards are amazing!!! YOu have such great attention to detail that I love:) And I love the layout using Echo Park...I have to get me some of that. Hope you have a great week!!
Love, Jess

Jessica Wilson said...

Hey GO CHECK OUT the FTLOA blog today(FRIDAY)....hee hee...Love, Jess

ellen s. said...

oh gosh these are beautiful! i love the detail you put into your cards and that layout is awesome. i love how you used the balloon

have fun scrappin' today!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous projects girl!!!

scrappermimi said...

I am loving EVERYONE of these projects! Each and everyone is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Your projects are wonderful Andrea... too bad they didn't make it to CHA> Such a bummer! I especially love the spider web card... very clever! Have a great day! Amy Tara

Mel said...

Fantastic cards Andrea. Love them. So inspiring:)