Hello, and Happy Friday everyone in blog-land! So nice to say that. It's actually another cloudy rainy day here in PA, but for some reason I don't really mind... I believe it's cuz I'm suddenly really getting in the mood and frame of mind for Fall! Yep, I was at Wal-Mart the other day and to my delite they had the shelves stocked with their Fall scented candles, and I happily grabbed a few! Right now I have a roast cooking away in the crock-pot getting ready to make some good BBQ pulled pork and I'm burning my Cinnamon Bun candle so this house smells heavenly!
I'm at home today... didn't get to travel to Joyce's for our Friday scrap day! I'm hosting a little picnic here tomorrow for my mom and a bunch of her old high school besties, so I stayed here today to get some cleaning done and to prepare the pulled pork and some other stuff! But, I did manage to make a little time for me today to create... I just couldn't resist the urge, afterall, when that spark hits, you gotta run with it!
So here's a fun card I made today during my "play-time"!
There's a card challenge going on over at "Let's Capture Our Memories" to make a card using a die-cut of some sort, and I don't let chances to play with my Cricut pass me by too often, so I grabbed my Life is a Beach cart and new Life is Good Echo Park collection and got to creating!
Are you looking for a place to scrap this weekend? If you are, you don't need to leave the convienence of your home! Simply Obessed is having their on-line "Scrap That Vacation" crop. There are tons of challenges posted and you just maybe able to score one of their Birthday presents since it's SO's 3rd Birthday and they are giving the gifts instead of receiving! ;) I hope to be able to scrap it up some there on Sunday if I get the chance, so it would be great to catch you all there too!
And... one more thing before I go...
Have you all been looking for a great place for crafty inspiration? Do you need a new scrappy home on the internet? Do you enjoy beautiful customized kits (and kits that include equally wonderful customized stamps)? Do you enjoy getting to know more and more scrappy and crafty friends who "feel" as though you've known them your entire life? If you can answer yes to all of these, then why don't you head on over to For The Luv of Art.com!!! I mean it... do it as soon as you can! I have been a member over there since Norma opened up her site in June and it is just an awesome place to be! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and talented and Norma's kits are truly beautiful and fun to create with... plus she designs her own acrylic stamps in the kits (just take a looksie at this new August kit)! We would love to have more friends to come and join us there at FTLOA, and I would LOVE to have all my scrappy friends come join me there! So please... do me a favor and come on over and register and join in with all the fun! And if you do... please mention on your registration that I, Andrea Amu, sent YOU!! I could possibly win a free FTLOA kit... and I would have all my friends to thank for it! I would really, really enjoy being able to hang out with you all at FTLOA! Yay! I seriously hope to see you all there! Remember that I sent you... the more, the merrier! :D






17 comments:
OH! That card is absolutely fabulous! The colors, the design, the adorable flamingo, the texture--it is all amazing! It has been so busy I havent been on the forums much, but I gotta come back to hang at FTLOA--see ya there soon. Have fun with your mom tomorrow!
Andrea .. wowzers that card is absolutely fantastic .. love the flamingo and our embossing .. just wonderful GF! Hoping fall is around the corner because it's the 11th straight day over 100 here in DFW!
Andrea! Your card is PHENOMENAL!
I love all the different textures, it's like my eyes don't know where to look next!
Sorry I haven't been around much in blog-land. I just updated mine though!
I am cooking a roast right now also, although summer is very much alive here in MO- the heat index was 109 yesterday!
Fall can't come fast enough for me, it's my favorite of all the seasons
Enjoy your day with your mama today!
:)
Tara
Your card made me smile, I love it. Thanks for playing along with us this week at LCOM. Hugs, Anita
That embossing on the flamingoes wing is just THE perfect touch, Andrea!
Andrea...you did a super job!!! I love it! so glad you played along with us at LCOM this week!!!
I love your card its totally cute girlie! I hope everything is going well with you, I've been thinking of you as of late. Praying for you!
Where are you hanging out these days?
Hope your week is a blessed one!
e.
We haven't been rainy here but cloudy and cool. Your little creation is soooo cute! Love Flamingo's so this one caught my eye.
Stopping by to let you know I was thinking of you, love the card!!!
That is such a cute card! Love the flamingo :)
Hey Andrea!!! Sorry I have been MIA for so long! Love your card & clever you are to use an embossed swirl for the Flamingo wing!! Way too cute!
I have been starting a little bit of my Fall decoration planning too. Got out the straw hat with dried sunflowers on it to hang on the weathered rocker & the braided seat pad in the fall colors for the front porch. Been looking at the mums too....
Hope your mom's gathering went well. Oh! & BTW, LOVE your new pic!
Great card Andrea! Love the ribbon at the bottom and those clouds! Right now I can't get enough of clouds, want to use them all the time on my layouts. I like that you embossed yours.
Fantastic card...
and congrats on the winning of the happy halloween cart at bitten by the Bug 2!!!
have fun with it :D
Hugs Anja
Super cute card, Andrea!! And I'm with you - come on, fall!!
Adorable card!
i love love love this card! the details are amazing, andrea!!!
Post a Comment