Pretty much all the rest of my decor I'm sure you've seen before on the blog if you've been following along the past couple years, but if you haven't, now's your chance...
This mantle garland I did as a CreativeXpress assignment last year using the Cricut "Speaking of Fall" cartridge, but now that I have it back, I can use it and enjoy it this year!
The above Willow Tree angel box is in remembrance of our girls, Ava and Amelia. We used to keep Ava's ashes in a different Willow Tree keepsake box, but then after we lost Amelia too, I found this adorable box called "Two Together". It is a box that is to be representational of twins, however when I saw it, I immediately saw our Ava and Amelia! :) We now keep both of their ashes in this box... Ava's ashes in a tiny silver pouch, and Amelia's in a golden pouch. And it's my favorite time of the year, and I could only believe it would've been theirs' too, so I gave them each their own wee lil' punkin' to enjoy!
I also found this 3 tiered iron plate stand for $1.00!! I was like... get outta town! I gave it a fresh coat of Heritage red paint already, which is my new accent color for my scrap room!
Now I'm on the hunt for 3 vintage red and white plates to complete it!
Also... found this OLD dictionary dating back to 1914, for .50! I was going to tear up the pages to make dictionary flowers and such, but now I dunno! It has a lot of character to it, lol!
And, I totally lucked out on Friday when my mom and I went to a public auction! My grandmother's friend has moved into an assisted living facility and the rest of her estate was being auctioned off so we went for the afternoon and just get a load of what all I scored in the lines of vintage buttons and trims!! Holy Moley!! We are talkig OLD vintage carded buttons by the bucket!
And there was another full container of assorted buttons, plus a box full of old steel pins, and trims, edge binding and lace and wood threaded spools!
I guess I need to start scrapping a ton of vintage looking projects now... or perhaps you may too enjoy a little vintage blog candy give-a-way!! I have never done a give-a-way of my own here on the blog, so I think it's a good time to start one! If you would like a sampling of some of this yummy vintage goodness to come to your home, just leave me a comment here on this post and you will be in the running for a nice package! I may also throw in some other trinkets too! I will pick a winner in one week, so you have until next Wednesday to leave me a comment and I will announce who gets it here on my blog next Thursday, Sept. 30th!
Well, tonight is the season premier of Grey's Anatomy!! Who here is excited??? I know I am... supper tonight is going to be super easy... soup and sammies! The countdown to Grey's is on!! Have a great night, everyone! ;)






24 comments:
WOW...What a find..You have hit the load of buttons...I can't wait to see what you create...
The buttons are FAB! What an amazing find. Your decor is super cute, love that little tree and the wee pumpkins for your little angels are so sweet.
Gotta love finds like that! And a great price to boot! As for Grey's -- Looks like it's going to be an interesting season!
WOW...what great finds and beautiful decorations!!! YES, I watched Grey's....love it!!! Thanks for sharing in the vintage goodness:):) Oh, and I don't think I would tear that dictionary up...get a different one to use for that!!!
Love all your fall decorations! I put a Halloween Tree as well LOL, must be the in thing this year.
Love all your vintage finds! Have fun! See you next Friday, hopefully!
oh great day in May! YOU totally scored on your fun things!! I LOVE all you got!!
I also just adore your fall decorations!! Happy weekend Andrea!
Your Christmas decor is so festive. And what happy shopping ! Keeping my fingers crossed as I love buttons and trims.
It was supposed to be 92 today...crazy fall weather! But I'm enjoying it while it lasts because I have a feeling we're going to be buried under snow again this winter.
You got some awesome deals! That cart looks like it was made for the cartridges. Perfect fit! Love all those colorful buttons!!! :)
Hey girlie! I was sitting at work the other day when you popped into my mind! So I of course prayed for you! Seems like we're so outta touch with each other these days.... :(
I wished I lived closer, cause I would of went with you and your mom!!! You got some great stuff!
I love your house! So warm and cozy!
Have a great weekend friend!
e.
Love your fab finds Andrea and that banner is awesome - something you can use for a long time. I need to start my decorating too.
Wow! What a great find! Love all the decorations...it all looks great!
Thanks for the giveaway!
love all your fall decorations!! and oh my! what a trove of treasures that you found! thanks for sharing it!
What a haul, Andrea! Those vintage buttons are to die for, I see them at antique shops for $1 a piece! I love your cozy home, it screams "come in and put your feet up for awhile". Love the Cricut cart too! Have a great weekend!
Oh my word, your decorating is soooo cute. Love all the fall goodness. And what an awesome find for you. Enjoy!!
OMG... I can't believe the button stash! You should start an ebay shop. lol What great finds, lucky you!
Love your decorations!
You are such a wonderful decorator and garage sale shopper! I never find anything good! That cart for your cartridges is awesome and those buttons are amazing!
WOW GIRL!!! LOOK AT THAT!! buttons galore for sure!! now i need to bring you with me when scrappy shopping! LOL ^_^
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my tutorial. ^_^
I love your home decor - i need tips - I suck at home decor - well more like I need to learn how to buy nice stuff for CHEAP!! I don't like to buy expensive things! LOL I'm so frugal!
wow - wow look at the fun finds and all those buttons!! so so fun!! and I love that fall is hitting - we are finally dipping below 90 in the temps so it's nicE!
oooo such gorgeous vintage goodies! I love your fall decorations - so cute and WOW all those bargains you found are fab!!
i love love that tree! and if some of those vintage goodies don't make their way to joyces thursday....
just sayin' ;)
Girl!!! Some of those buttons are friggin' awesome!! & that cart to hold your cricut cartridges? :O :O :O
and, I have 2 that I rarely use already, but I'm peeing all over myself for that 3 tiered plate rack! LOOOVE it in red!
Your house & all the decor is just darling!! Mine is decorated in primitive too, only it's the dust that's primitive in mine! ROFL!!
Love all of your decorations!!!! and oh my GOSH...I LOVE those buttons:-)
Wow! The buttonload!
Post a Comment