Thursday, September 2, 2010

OMG!!!!

Can I just say that I have been waiting a long, long while for one such manufacturer to announce their latest creative design team call, but it seems as of today, I need not wait anymore!  For those of you who really know me, then you know that it has been a dream, but most of all a goal for me to one day design with Fancy Pants Designs!!  Can I just stress how over the moon I am with FP products?!  I just love everything and anything that they put out, and yes, I really, really want to be a part of their creative team so badly!  So, if you too are interested in joining the Fancy Pants team, you can check out their call HERE!  Now that the call is actually on the doorstep, I admit that I'm scared to submit, but I won't chicken out!  Having tried two other other previous calls of theirs and having received two honorable mention spots from them, I am hoping, as the saying goes, that three times is the charm!  Please, please think happy positive thoughts for me as I make the decisions on what exactly to submit now! 

Onto other things for the week... it was fun to see my card featured over at the create: blog this past week!  The weekly card challenge was to create a star shaped card.  I love stars so I had fun playing around with this one.



I started this one by wrapping a Magistical Memories star shaped chipboard frame with some green dotted sheer ribbon and went from there. 


 AND, I just found out that I won the "Bring Your Friends" contest at For The Luv of Art.com!! Sooo fun... I recruited many of my friends, 15 of them in total I believe, to the site!  I will be getting a free kit of Norma's at FTLOA, so I am looking forward to checking out the Sept. kit when she debuts it on the 10th! Ohh, and I was even given a crown and named "Queen of Recruitment"!  Lol!   To all my friends that have joined me over at FTLOA now, thanks for coming on over!   I've enjoyed seeing you all there with us and I do hope you'll stick around! 

OK, I'm off and on my way to Lowe's.  I've decided to do some re-decorating of my scrap room and I'm starting on some of the accents so I need to make a run for some Colonial Red spray paint.  Hope they have some!  :)  Enjoy the rest of the week... tomorrow is the weekend already!

16 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

I saw that card of yours on the Cards blog--it is awesome! Congrats on winning the FTLOA contest!! And as far as Fancy Pants goes, I always say, "ya gotta be in it to win it", right? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this is your time.

vintage girl at heart said...

Wonderful news!!!
I am so happy for you and proud too.
I can say I knew you back when..haha!!
They are Blessed to have such a creative and sweet designer on their team!!!

ellen s. said...

that card is amaZing girl! i knew you would be excited :) about that call

you are the Queen hands down...all hail to the Queen :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great card and good luck on the DT call! I love your work and would love to see you designing for FP!

Nicole said...

Go for it. I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines :)

xx

Debbie said...

Andrea your card is gorgeous! Love the colors. I got your invite to come over and join but just can't commit to anymore sites. I hope you understand. I will keep my fingers crossed for your DT try for Fancy Pants! Your work is always amazing!!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

sending lots of positive vibes your way for FP!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet web - I doesn't found imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com before in my searches! Drive up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Fancy Pants would be so smart if they had you on the DT!!! GOOD LUCK

wendyp said...

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!! I'm a true believer in 3rd times a charm! Good luck!!!

woo hoo on the kit! I haven't had much time lately online but I'll definitely be popping back over to chat there!

Jessica Wilson said...

Andrea, I wish you the best of luck...they would be the lucky ones though! You are so talented and I just love your work:) Oh, and way to go on the recruitment!!

Beth said...

GIRL...SHUT UP!!!Fancy Pants??? I guess I don't know what took them so long, but at last they finally got it! LOL!! Congrats girly!!

And, I must say, I've always thought you were THE Queen anyway, so congrats on the recruiting!

Love that card, I love that shade of green! I also can't wait to see what you do with your craft room, I thought you'd be decorating for fall first. ;-)

Renee Lamb said...

girl!! I am soooooooooooo wishing you the best for the FP DT!!! you rock and congrats on the FTLOA! Love the new title and hat you have to wear now!

Mel said...

Good luck Andrea! LOVE your card!!

Linda Beeson said...

Your star shaped card is so neat! LOVE the colors you used.

Staci Taylor said...

this is goooorgeous!