Thursday, December 16, 2010

Time Keeps On Slippin'!

How can this be?  It's already well into December... and this is my first post of the month?!! Geeesh!  Time is slippin' away!
So much more yet to get done before next weekend and sooo little time.  I hope everyone has been having a terrific holiday season, even if it is going fast for ya!





Anyway,  last time I blogged a post, I did say that I was going to share with you all a lot more of the projects that I had done for LCOM using the new Bella BLVD. lines that the DT was givin to work with.  I can still share a bit, but I have to tell ya... several of my Bella projects have been picked up for publication!   Yeah!!  Last week was totally a great week of requests for me... I had a total of 6 project, requests!  First, I had 3 layouts and 1 card picked up for the April/May 2011 issue of the new Cricut magazine from Northridge Publishing.  Very exciting because as most of you all probably know,I love, love, love using my Cricut... how cool it would be to have something published in every Cricut issue (fingers crossed)... so far so good because I'm 2 for 2! Then, I also had a card picked up for the May 2011 issue of CARDS, which is one of my Bella BLVD. creations.  Last, I had 2 more layouts requested for the other new Cricut inspired magazine, The Bug Magazine.  They requested 2 pages for the Spring theme, however I could only send them one because the other was already sent in for the Cricut magazine request!  So looking forward to seeing all these things in print in the coming year! 

So yes... here are some things that I can share with you... all using Bella BLVD.  I had never really played with Bella BLVD. before getting these collections in my hand, but they are seriously CUTE lines!  I love how there are 12x12 pages full of coordinating sticker embellies AND alphas... perfect! 

This first card uses the Hello Beautiful line.  Aren't the bold colors fun?  Lovin' the teal paired with the red.  See the embossing in the cupcake to make it look wavy on the blue icing top?  I used the Zebra animal-print texture plate from Sissix! 



I used the Distressed Stripes folder from Cuttlebug to add the texture to the cupcake liner.  The cupcake is actually one of the cut-outs from the 12x12 sheet of Hello Beautiful paper. 

And, here's a layout that I made... this using mostly the Lovey dovey line!  Sorry about the quality of these photos though... for some reason I was having a tough time photographing this page well... the colors just didn't show up well for me at all.  They really don't appear as washed out IRL, as they do here! 


This page has been a long time coming. I've been wanting to scrap this photo for awhile and the Lovey dovey line from Bella BLVD. just seemed to really fit the "feel" that I wanted for this layout! The flower part I cut using my Cricut and then I embossed it with the Meadow Lark Cuttlebug folder. I cut the heart portion from a sheet of the 12x12 pp from the Lovey dovey line and used it for the center of the flower!





Well, as always, thanks for stopping by to visit!  I hope to come back to make another post before Christmas arrives... time willing!  It's been one whirl-wind of a month for sure, but I'd still like to share pix of our Christmas decorations for this year so I hope to do that.  Enjoy your weekend ahead and have fun getting all the last minute stuff together... one more week equals last minute IMO! 


 




11 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

What an absolutely fabulously cute card! The cupcake, the cut out shape, the colors--it just plain rocks. And what a gorgeous page and photo of DH with your angel. Hope you've been busy with holiday celebrations and fun. AND SUPER HUGE CONGRATS for all the pub requests--YOU rock!!!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE your card and your layout is beautiful as always! I am sure it is both peaceful and serene to create pages about your beautiful baby!!! I know it would bring me such a peacefulness. I hope it does you Andrea!

And you are ROCKIN' the pubs girlie!!!!! It's your time to shine!
e.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Super congrats on all your pub requests! You are on a serious roll! Love your sweet layout .. I know it holds a special memory for you. Hoping you have a Merry Christmas if I don't make it back over here!

curlyqmosaics said...

Andrea-
These pieces are absolutely GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see the others that have been picked up for publication! Congrats, that is so exciting! I have never had anything published in an actual magazine, I wouldn't even know where to begin! Also, I LOVE the music you have on your blog....so warm and peaceful! Merry Christmas!

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful l/o Andrea. Cute card too and congrats on the pubs.

Beth said...

You HAVE been busy if you've done that many projects & had them picked up for pub!! The card here is just so DARLING & that l/o page leaves me speechless...

Murphy's Law said...

love the card and that photo is priceless. sooooooooo oh yum! i love it. congrats on all your requests girlie!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Your projects are always eye-candy. Your success is so well-deserved!!!! Merry Christmas!
xoxo

Julie Bonner said...

GORGEOUS page & card Andrea - a BIG CONGRATS on all these upcoming pubs :)

Staci Taylor said...

oooh, those are gorgeous, andrea, and that LO really tugs at my heartstrings! i hope you have a wonderful xmas and new years, my friend!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Congrats on the publications! The card is so sweet and the layout is absolutely the most precious thing I've ever seen!