Another rainy day here in PA! Days like this, all I want to do is stay inside and snuggle up on the couch! I never seem to get much at all accomplished around the house when it's raining cats-n-dogs! So at least for today while I'm waiting for some sunshine to make it's appearance, thought I'd share a few other cards that I've made recently with lots of gorgeous Core'dinations cardstock. Afterall, Core' is sure to brighten up any dreary day!
So for this first card, I made a "Welcome Home" theme for which I used some lovely Jenni Bowlin Studio Core Impressions in cream... it's the pretty floral print embossed cardstock in the background!
I love that the print is so vintage and subtle.
I also used some Whitewash Core'dinations on this card for the pineapples... the yellow reverse side of a piece of Whitewash for which I debossed a diamond texture with a Cuttlebug machine and a Sissix Basic Grey design folder. I used a Brilliance inkpad in Coffee Bean to color the diamond texture. The green palm tops of the pineapples are also made with Core'... some Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions! I cut the pineapples with the Cricut Serenade Solutions cartridge.
And, here's yet another card that I made using the nesting dolls embossing with Core' cardstock.
For this card I used three different colors of Core Essentials cardstock. I paired up 2 different shades of pink in the Pretty-In-Pink Color Family (St.Valentino, Fuchsia Fizz) with Deep Lagoon, from the Teal Blues Family. I created a double matted look to this card by embossing the nesting dolls pattern onto 2 panels of the Blue Lagoon cardstock, cutting one down smaller and mating it with the Fuchsia Fizz pink. I then mounted the smaller panel onto the larger panel, making sure to line the dolls up evenly with their outlines. I did sand over the embossed pattern with the Core Sand It Gadget, but then I wanted the pattern of the dolls and the texture of the Core' to be even more intense, so I shaded over the embossed cardstock with a white colored pencil.
I only used this colored pencil technique on the smaller center panel, whereas the outer panel was only sanded. To finish this card I added two extra pink embossed dolls to the middle of the card with foam dimensional squares. I highlighted the flowers of these two pink dolls with a teal blue colored pencil and applied silver pearl accents. Popped on a pretty pink Prima bloom to complete the look!
In other crafty news this week, I was extremely giddy to have had a total of ten cards picked up for publication over the weekend! I'll have a card set and one other card in the August issue of Cricut magazine and then seven more cards in their special Cricut Cards issue! One of my cards for that issue will even be featured as a tutorial so that makes it all the more exciting for me.
Okay, I need to get going... I have piles of laundry that need sorting. I do really need to do something today since I work the rest of the week. Hope everyone is enjoying their week, and as always... thanks for stopping by :)






23 comments:
Andrea, your cards are just awesome! Lots of gorgeous embossing. You are sure to make the Core'dinations DT. Love that your cards will be pubbed ... I so admire folks that take the time to submit and have such mag worthy creations to share. Hope you get some sunshine!
Those matryoshkas (nesting dolls) are adorable! Great pages. I love rainy days but we get VERY few of those.
gorgeous cards Andrea...love all of them. Thanks for sharing!
These cards are fabulous! I love the amazing texture and dimension!
What fabulous cards, Andrea! You do fabulous things with the Core, Girl! I LOVE all the texture and detail on your welcome home card. That house is wonderful. Love the trim roofline. And the pineapples? Fantastic! Love all those stacking dolls, too. You did such a great job showcasing them. Love the colored pencil technique and all the layering.
HUGE congrats to you for getting 10 cards picked up! Wowzers! That's amazing.
LOVE the cards girl!! You have GOT to be picked for the Core DT!
How exciting that you had so many cards picked up for the Cricut magazines!! I guess I didn't get any for the Cricut Cards mag either. One I didn't expect to, but I thought for sure the other would.
We've had a beautiful couple of days here & today's supposed to be pretty nice too.
Hi Andrea... thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, I really really like your embossing card, super geogous!!!
Awesome cards girl! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pineapple one! I so need to try some of the embossed core - I love it!!
YAY YAY YAY!! Did I not SAY you were going to be the Queen of the Cricut Magazines??!! Just sayin' :) Love these both--the pineapples and the flower in the second are just GORGEOUS!
These cards are stunning, Andrea: Love all the texture on them! And the pink/teal color combo on the nesting doll card is smashing!
TFS! Have a great weekend, btw!
It has been horrible & rainy here too over the last couple of days, in the uk, looks like its a nice sunny day today though?? But thats good news on the cards chick, congratulation's!!!! x x
Andrea I LOVE your cards girl, they are always so amazing!!!
How is work? How is the home front? Been thinking of you lately and praying! :)
Hoping that your weekend is restful!
e.
congrats!!! that is so cool! love all the core and the fun nesting dolls!
ooo look at those sweet pineapples and the adorable dolls!! Great work Andrea :)
p.s congrats on the publication news too ;)
I am game for Thursday, I have a Dr's appointment Friday so won't be home until about 1 on Friday unless you want to scrap later in the evening.
Love the paper, I didn't see that one. Love the little dolls. And that pineapple is yummy!
OOOH I just LOVE your 'pineapple' card ! It is just too cute - your paper combination is perfect ! Thank you so much for taking our challenge over at BBTB2 this week !!! Hugs - Lori
Your cards are absolutely gorgeous Andrea!
I just love your pineapple card great job on the challenge
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
WOW!!! These cards are so cute! Love the pineapple
Hi, Stumbled across your blog and just love your cards! Good Luck with Core-DT. I am a new follower, would love for you to pop over to my blog and have a look and maybe follow :)
Shelly - mypaperlove.blogspot.com
Ooooooo, I love your pineapple and that wonderful little patch of lace. Thanks for joining us on our BBTB2 challenge.
Carole
Post a Comment