Hello, and good Monday to all! Um, I know Mondays aren't all too popular, but hey, at least it's NOT raining here! I'm so tired of the rain. And how nice it is to even hear the birds chirping too... so yeah, I'll take a Monday without rain!
Thought today I'd post my most recent projects that I did for CreativeXpress.com.
First up is a sweet notecard set that I made using the Cindy Loo Cricut cartridge.
I am lovin' this cart... so many neat images, ranging from the woodland creatures that I've used here for this set, to florals and even a dainty looking font! Anyway, this all started as a recycle project. Instead of throwing out a box of unused notecard envelopes for which I previously used all the notecards, I decided to utilize my Cricut to create an entirely new set of notecards, and not only that, I even decorated the white box flat holding them. Here's what I'm talking about... this is what the set looked like before the big revamp...
The papers I used for this set were Basic Grey's Marjolaine collection. I was drawn to the blues and greens in this line, and the plaid pattern especially! I cut strips of the plaid paper to 3/4" and used tacky tape to adhere the strips around the edges of the box flat. Then I cut 2 panels from a floral design to fit the bottoms of the inside and outer side of the box. I took the long diamond border sticker from the sticker elements sheet in the Marjolaine collection and cut the sticker strip in half to finish the detail of the 2 longer sides of the box flat.
I made an entirely new set of 6 cards to go with the envies and I made these as monogram notecards using the pretty font included on the Cindy Loo cart. I also embellished each of the notecards with a fabric Bloomer from the Marjolaine line, and to complete this set and make it perfectly presentable for gift-giving, I wrapped it all up with a piece of blue tulle secured with a cute clear blue button, also from the Marjolaine collection!
Next, I did a scrapbook page featuring the Cricut Paper Lace cartridge and the Basic Grey Pyrus collection. This Paper Lace cart also happens to be a great companion to the Cindy Loo cart, as well as the StoryBook cart! It's packed with so many beautiful and intricate lacey designs for backgrounds, and equally elegant borders. You will also find a classic looking font included on this cart which is very useful!
I believe I created a well balanced page here using the content from this cart. I used an all over pattern for the base background and also included some of the border imagery for accenting above and below my photos. I also used the font for some of the title work (Woodpecker).
Okay, that's all I've got for now... hoping to go finish up some cards I started earlier since I'll be away all day tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed your Monday and I'll c-ya around!







10 comments:
Love the cards!!! And what a fantastic layout! I am a bird nut ... so I LOVE that one:-) :-)
what a great idea for all those unused envelopes! LOVE your layout. Fantastic photos, fantastic design! Andrea, your work is always AMAZING!!!
I would just LOVE to play with all the awesome cartridges you must have! Cindy Loo is one I've been wanting since they 1st announced it. LOVE the card set!
And I know I want the cartridge you used on that waaay cool woodpecker page! We have all kinds of woodpeckers & many other birds here in our woods.
PS, more rain is coming... :(
oh i love that set! you are so creative
and those shots of the woodpecker are amaZing!
Gorgeous projects and I love that layout--perfect papers for those gorgeous photos!
Wow, awesome projects, Andrea! You really rock cartridges. I don't own a single die cut yet, so I'm just in awe here. Love, love your recycled notecards. The frames are so cute,and I love the monograms. And what a great layout. Love those photos and love the lace details. :)
That woodpecker page is AWESOME!
That notecard is so cute Andrea! What a brilliant idea! I should make me one of those
Your cards are amazing!!! Beautiful projects, Girl!
ooh I LOVE what you did with the monogrammed stationary! so creative! and loving the woodpecker layout! great photos!
Post a Comment