Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Sketch At Nikki Sivils!

Howdy!  Hope everyone's had an enjoyable weekend.  Hard to believe it's about wrapped up... those Sunday evenings sure do come around quickly when you don't want them to, lol! 

I had big intentions of doing a lot of scrapping this weekend, but somehow those intentions didn't amount to much at all between catching up on the loads of laundry, sweeping the floors and cleaning out closets.  The Nook was having their May virtual crop all weekend long and they had 29 challenges listed.  I really had hoped to do many of them... I wrote them all down too and was thinking about which challenges to attack first.  In reality though, I was only able to produce one layout for the #12 challenge to "Go Wild About Animals".  At least I did finally get these pix scrapped from last summer when we had a little thief amongst us... a sneaky groundhog who kept burrowing it's way into our garden to feast upon our veggies.  For this page, I used some of the adorable Beatrice papers from Nikki Sivils and also used the sketch from the Nikki Sivils blog to try to earn a Guest Design Team spot. 


And here's the sketch...

I also used a variety of Core'dinations cardstock here and the Paper Lace and Sweethearts Cricut cartridges. 


Okay, that's it... that's all I got done, so it's all I've got to share for this time.  Ohh, I almost forgot though, I also wanted to share that I had some fun scrappy happy emails this past week as well... I had one card requested for the Oct. CARDS issue as well as four other projects picked up for the Oct. issue of Cricut, so of course those really made my week super exciting!  And did you know that the Cricut magazine has gone monthly now instead of bi-monthly?!  I'm really stoked about that! 

Well, I do need to be on my way... Monday morning will be here before I want it to and I've got to go to work.  It is nice to be working outside of the home part-time again, but I don't think I can ever get used to and enjoy the Monday morning routines!  Hope everyone has a great week :)

18 comments:

Nanne said...

Super sweet and detailed layout Andrea.. Love the pics as well, those are too cute..
hugs
Nanné

Beth said...

I love the colors you used on this page & I think you nailed the sketch design too!! Goodluck in getting the GDT spot! I have a photo of a groundhog straddled up in a tree. Who knew they could climb trees?

Also, I think you are becoming a Northridge Media favorite designer!! ;-) Keep rockin' 'em out there, girl!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

What a clever use of the NS papers and those pics are so crazy! Cant believe you caught the little critter in the act red handed! Congrats on the pubs!!! Have an awesome week :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeeee the way you used Beatrice and loving the photos! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Nikki Sivils GDT contest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Katrina Hunt said...

adorable!!! Thanks for playing in the GDT contest!

Linda Beeson said...

First off, I had to laugh at your theme! TOOOO cute and clever to go with that collection. Wonderful use of the Nikki Sivils papers!

Lea said...

Love your Layout!!!
Great way to use Beatrice!
Thanks for playing with us at Nikki Sivils.

X Lea

Nikki said...

Awe... you used my sweet Beatrice paper line.. your layout is so cute! Thanks for entering!

LG said...

very elegant!
magnificent design!

Debbie said...

Love your layout!!!!! How did you ever manage to get that picture???

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous layout, Andrea! I know that little varmint was probably a huge nuisance....but what a stinkin' cutie he was. Love that got some photos of him, and love your take on that sketch. Totally love all the eye catching orange. That is one of my all-time fave colors. :)
Congrats on all the pub requests!

Connie Mercer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day:) Good luck on the guest spot~I know what you mean about getting stuff done, I have so much I need to do and I'm sick with no energy:(. Your LO is adorable I bet it does the trick!

Jamie Harder said...

Love that layout! What a perfect paper line for those pics!

janis said...

thanks for playing along!!! great page!!!

dstandard said...

Love your take on the sketch . Fabulous details . Welcome to core'dinations

Mel said...

Very cute page! Love the orange:) I am having that kind of weekend this weekend. I WANT to scrap but too many other things are pulling me away. Hope you are having a good one:)

Emily said...

You make me want to scrap in the worst way but I don't even know where half my stuff is right now. Anyway, I love the texture. I would love for you to do a layout for me. We should talk about that possibility!

Unknown said...

Andrea, your work is always beautiful. This layout is GREAT!!! thanks for the entry and good luck