For our first assignment/challenge we were to create an "all about me" page to go along with our dt profile introduction, so here is what I did...
For this I used some beautiful Teresa Collins Core Amour cardstock, "Posh Flowers" from the Prince and Princess collection. The photo itself, I printed out onto a sheet of Vanilla Cream Core Essentials cardstock. I also did some sanding of the photo and spritzed on some Mister Huey's Calico Cream mist. The Large circle area of roses on the corner I painted on some sparkles with some Glimmer Glam paint in Chandelier and I painted the gray leaves green with Glimmer Mist spray. Those other roses are cut from Sassafras paper and I added pink glitter foam paint from DecoArt to those. And there's also some pink Vintage Core used on here too for matting the photo. I've also been playing around with one of my new favorite punches lately... the Plaid border punch from EK Success. I used it here along the bottom edge of my photo because I thought it worked well with the look of the woven texturing in the Teresa Collins Core Amour.
I guess that's really all I have to share with you today. It's Monday, so I've been doing a lot of catch-up chores from the weekend... got the laundry hanging on the line, and I am finishing up a DIY paint job that I started on our fireplace front this weekend. It's coming along pretty good, so I'm satisfied. I'll probably share pictures of all that sometime soon. I've got so many rooms that I want to paint here at our house but I just hate the thought of actually putting it all into play. DH has a week of vacation coming up in August so hopefully we can both kick it into full gear! Enjoy your week, everyone!






17 comments:
Wow, gorgeous layout, Andrea! I love how you printed the photo on Core paper!!! I'll be lifting that for sure. :)
gooooorgeous, andrea!! i'm just so excited for you being on their team, can't wait to see more of your gorgeous creations! great photo of you, too!
So beautiful! love how you sanded the photo. This weekend DH is taking a couple extra days off to paint our bedroom--we bought this house in 2005 and all the upstairs rooms have been painted EXCEPT ours and that was the colors I despised the most lol. Anyway, have a great week :)
Okay, the techniques you used on this layout are crazy cool! First of all, that picture of you is beautiful! I love the way you printed the photo on the core paper and then sanded the edges. What a super cool look! And the plaid edge punch? I haven't even seen one of those...it looks perfect coupled with the core papers. Beautiful work Andrea!
Beautiful page - great use of the Teresa Collins!
Love your page, as usual! Always fresh new ideas & techniques to be found on them! I haven't printed a photo on card stock in some time, but how cool to do it on Core-dinations paper! I am drooling over the Teresa Collins line too....perfectly paired with that border punch girly! ;-)
love the layout. congrats on making the team!
love the LO It is You and your style!!!! love it!!!
Beautiful layout Andrea! Love the picture of you and the technique you used. The sanding is amazing! Gorgeous cardstock. I need to find it!!!
Beautiful layout! Congrats on the dt gig :*
I know the feeling! I love the results of a fresh coat of paint but I HATE the process. LOVE your Core LO!! You rock!
Love, love, love your layout, Andrea! You are SO perfect for this team. You truly know how to showcase all the cool Core stuff. I adore that photo....love that you printed it on the cardstock....love that big corner circle with the flowers, and love the texture, too. Really awesome!
What a beautiful page, Andrea! I think I said it before but I'll say it again - you are SO PERFECT for this team! I'm excited to see more!
Gorgeous Andrea, you ARE an amazing lady.. Core is lucky to have you! :) Have a wonderful weekend!
Gorgeous, Andrea!!! Love the journaling, and the overall feel of the layout!
Beautiful LO, Andrea!
I love your page Andrea!! and I wanted to say I miss ya!
♥ u girlie
*hugs*
Post a Comment