Monday, September 26, 2011

Core and Spellbinders!


Welcome to the Core'dinations and Spellbinders Blog swap!!! Are you ready for a week long blog swap filled with loads of inspiration? Well, you came to the right place. Spellbinders and Core'dinations have teamed up and created gorgeous projects just for you. But...a blog swap wouldn't be the same without give-a-ways, right?

Core’dinations will be giving away FOUR paper packs in total!!!

Here is how you can win:
1. Visit the Core’dinations blog and leave a comment every day, Monday the 26th through Friday the 30th. We will give away two packs to TWO lucky winners.
2. Like us on Facebook and comment to win a paper pack.
3. Visit the Core’dinations Designer’s blogs and leave a comment. We will be linking them up on the Core’dinations blog throughout the week and will choose one random designer’s blog to pick a winner.

Make sure you visit the Spellbinders blog for more details on how to win some of their awesome dies.

Sounds perfect, right?  Before you head to check out all the fun projects being posted, I wanted to share a card I created with a fun Spellbinders Impressabilities plate and of course a mix of some Core Essentials cardstock in the Brights range.


This background was embossed with the Spellbinders Impressabilities Pebbles template. I loved this pebbled texture for the background here because it reminded me of the look of icecubes... perfect to go with the lemonade theme!  Using the Cricut Just Because Cards cartridge, I cut the lemonade cup with a layer of acrylic to make it appear more like a drinking glass and adhered it to the cardstock with some glossy accents. And, I also used an actual drinking straw too!

I hope you enjoy the blog swap  and please be sure to check out the following Spellbinders links for more ideas and information:

Website: http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/Home.aspx
Blog: http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/Community/Blog.aspx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Spellbinders


75 comments:

JAO said...

Realy love the card stock,after its been embossed and sanded,i must try this

Unknown said...

Love your card!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Card!! Super Cute!!

TeeCee said...

Love that lemon!!

RED said...

So cute. This is great.

Katie said...

What a fantastic & fun card!

Paulette S said...

What a fun card. I have 2 big pack of this paper, never thought of embossing it! LOL that's what hops are for. ;)

smahrty said...

Cute card!

Pam said...

Love this!

Kathy said...

Your card is just too cute! Thanks for sharing a wonderful idea!

Clare G said...

I love the dimension the acrylic gives the cup, those colors are wonderful too.

snowbear said...

Great card..cute idea!

bethann said...

great card. these are two of my fav companies.

Vail said...

Cute card, bright & cheerful.

Janet L. said...

What a happy fun card! Love the way you used the paper!

Julie Shearer said...

What a refreshing card. I love it. Can't wait to see more.

Sherry Kushibab said...

Love this card - very refreshing!

stick said...

Super cute card, I love the bright colors!

Tamra B said...

Love the vibrant colors of this card. Makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

Really like your card the sentiment is great. thank you for sharing it.

Ravengirl said...

This looks very fun! It very summery and perfect for the gray day I am having here today!

Anonymous said...

great card Andrea!

Lisa P said...

Love this gorgeous card! Very cool.

paperpapier said...

love the beautiful background impression!

Rona said...

Love this card, especially the colours.

Lynda said...

What a cute idea. I have the Pebbles Impressibility but have never used it. You have just inspired several ideas. Also love the acrylic and real straw. Thanks for sharing...

java diva said...

Such a cute and fun card, Andrea! I love that you used a transparency and real drinking straw. Nice details. :)

christi said...

i really like all of the dimensions to your card. the straw just makes it soo cute.

Anonymous said...

Great card!!! I'm new to Core'dinations paper, but not to Spellbinders. Now I will have to break out my Impressabilities and sandpaper to see what I can do for my next cards. Thanks for the inspiration!!

DH said...

Cute card!

Marla said...

A very clever card. Love how you did the embossing and sanding on this card!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is super cute and so fun! That background turned out beautifully.

Kim H said...

Love the card, the colors are great, and the background is veyr nice. Thank you.

Linda Carson said...

Love your bold choice of colors! Creative layout & inspiration!

okienurse said...

Awesome card! Love the colors and the inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Love the bright colors!

craftymom205 said...

Great card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Court said...

LOVE how you mixed up the Just Because cart with the Core! It looks fabulous!

McStamper said...

Cute, cute, card.

Larissa Heskett said...

THANKS for sharing!! I LOVE the colors and the glitter!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

NWFlamingo said...

I hadn't thought about this Impressabilities looking like ice cubes but now that you mention it it sure does!

Sherry C said...

Fab card!!

slbt17 said...

love it!
Sandra ltb

Carol said...

that is an adorable card!!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I think this card is so adorable! Love the real straw, and yes, I can totally see the ice cubes in the background!

Sarah said...

Such a great summery card! since we didn't get much summer here this year, this is definitely a nice touch!

Amanda said...

Great card~love the glass of lemonade~2 cute! Thanx 4 sharing! ~prhmangel at gmail dot com

Kathy Mc said...

Andrea, your lemonade card is fabulous. Love all your detail and the pebbles embossing does look like ice cubes. Have to try sanding the Coredination paper. Thanks for a great stop on the blog hop!

Annika said...

What a lovely card! So cute!

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so stinkin' cute, Andrea! This whole design is brilliant. LOVE that straw. :)

Unknown said...

such a creative card. I just love the colors you used and the embossed paper.

Katie said...

What a fun card!!! TFS!

Kris Dietz said...

What a great card! Love all the details you added. TFS.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

Pam said...

What a great giveaway! I adore your card, love the lemon and bright colors!!

Deanna said...

fun card Andrea! How fun to be swapping with Spellbinders! You rocked it, girl!

stampencamper said...

oh, this impressimabilites is on my wish list. The card you put together is so darling, so much demension and color

Marge said...

You are sooo clever to think of the "pebbles" for ice cubes and your genius idea of acrylic for the glass, and that real straw! FUN card!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

What a fun card! It has been so fun playing in the Hop with y'all.

Billie Dee said...

Andrea - that card is awesome!

SherylH said...

Fantastic background using the pebbles template with the sanding of the Core'dinations cardstock.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Your cards are seriously AMAZING--this one is no different---it totally rocks!

littlen said...

great card. very cute. tfs.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

Sue D said...

Very cute card and I like the ice cube background.

Unknown said...

Andrea,
That sure is one refreshing looking card!! Very pretty!!
Thanks
Donna

Lisa T. said...

Fun card! Since I'm a card maker and not a scrapbooker, I love getting ideas for making more cards. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Oh this is so much fun! I love the colors and all the layers. Fabulous design!

nkm said...

i love it....i have not tried that spectacular paper yet....this hop has convinced me!!

Karen said...

I have a new respect for Core'dinations paper after seeing all these lovely projects! Thanks for inspiring!

snowbear said...

Sooo summery!!!

Kelly Booth said...

Just ADORE this.....So Fun and Perfect!!

NJMullins said...

What a cute card!

Beth said...

You always know how to use this stuff in the perfect way girl! How COOL that someone can win some now!!

littlen said...

very fun card. tfs.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

Pamela said...

Love your card! I've seen this saying used on many cards and your is one of the best!

Anonymous said...

I would never have thought to use a straw in making a card. Cute!