Here we go... Challenge #1 for week 2... BRIDGE! This one will takes focus on the word "bridge" and the challenge is to create a card using an element that is wood theme or nails (items used to build a bridge).
(Please click on item to view larger)
I knew right a way what I wanted to do for this, lol! "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkel has long been a favorite song of mine and I have been wanting to use the song lyrics somehow on a card or scrap page, so with BRIDGE being a focus here I thought it to be perfect timing! Of course I also added a piece of woodgrain patterned paper from MME (Stella Rose) into the mix for the boat diecut! Some older "The Merry Days of Christmas" in Pajama Plaid, was used for the card base here and I cut out cloud shapes from some MME Lime Twist pp. All these sweet Cricut cuts on the card came from the Give A Hoot cart! I also used a mix of Core Essentials, Vintage Core and some Jillian Spotted Core cardstock.
Next up is my card for the BINGO challenge!
Easy peasy... just had to use some form of a grid on the card design! So I designed a grid by scoring the backside of a piece of Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock and sanding the front to reveal the embossing. I also used some kraft colored Core from the Graphic 45 Signature Series and some Core Essentials in a light red. I cut the "I" the heart and the "U" with the Designer's Calendar cart and the heart border from a scrap of "vintage" Tres Jolie MME pp using the TC Sophisticated cart. Added some wood buttons from M's dollar spot with some Papertrey Ink twine to complete the look!
And one more item before I wrap this post up for the night...
not sure if ya'll have come across this huge giveaway or not on Birgit Koopsen's blog, but you may like to have a chance, and celebrate with Birgit for her upcoming Birthday in the process! ;)
Good Night and enjoy the rest of the holiday week festivities! Happy Thanksgiving blessings to all!







7 comments:
oh those are adorable.. You did a fantastic job with the challenges..
hugs
Nanné
very interesting the way you worked on the themes !
Fantastic job, Andrea! That first card warms my heart! Love your grid card too!
love your take on these challenges Andrea! You're so creative when it comes to these! :) Thanks for playing along!
Love the concept you used for the Bridge card! Very cute design, of course! Love the simplicity of the Bingo card design and the colors!
MY GOSH, what awesome takes on the second week of challenges! I LOVE your bridge over troubled waters card! Fabulous bingo grid, too. :)
Both of these are fabulous! Love the waves and those cute little critters :)
Post a Comment