Hey there! Yes, it is time for another SOUS sketch reveal, and I myself am a day late getting mine posted here, but all excuses aside, the 16th was my Birthday and I guess I was in party mode, lol! Sorry to be tardy! Anywho, we had a cool sketch to play around with this week, designed by our very own, Leah Schaeffer!
So, here is what I came up with...
I wish I could've captured a better photo of this page, because it certainly does no justice for the richness and texture of these gorgeous papers from Teresa Collin's, Christmas Home collection! And I just loved these photos of my husband stringing the lights on our Christmas tree this past holiday. The TC line was perfect for creating this page with them! The background base for this page is a sheet of the black Tim Holtz Kraft cardstock from Core'dinations... a definite favorite in my cardstock stash. If you haven't gotten yourself some Kraft Core yet, you really need to. I'm tellin' ya, it's the best! Here I debossed a Cuttlebug border along the bottom edge and sanded over it all to reveal the Kraft core. I also scored along the other three edges and sanded them as well.
(Ohh, and a side note, I believe this is the first project in a long time that I have NOT used my Cricut cutting on it in some way, shape or form! Are you all gasping, lol?? I really just may go cut some bits and pieces to add to this down the road. I do believe I need some Cricut flair on this somewhere!)
That's all I have to share for now, but I do hope you'll join us over at Stuck On U Sketches and show us how you can work the sketch too! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!







11 comments:
Andrea, this is so, so pretty! I love how you added bling under your title. And your Christmas tree - WOW! Beautiful!
I love your page! I can't believe you didn't use your Circuit machine on this one girlie!!! I know how much you love that thing! Hoping that you had a wonderful weekend and have a wonderful week too!
e.
What a gorgeous page, Andrea! Love your take on that sketch. The papers are so pretty. Love the touches of bling and I love those photos, too. :)
Yeah, just go in and add a bunch of Cricut reindeer or snowflakes or something....anything! LOL!
No, this is cool for sure and love how well the page showed off the papers...because sometimes they are good enough to hold their own!
Hope you had a great weekend! Hugs!
goodness girl, I wish I had your mojo!!! Keep em coming, loving the inspiration!
I love those Teresa Collins papers so I can imagine how great your layout is and LOVE that Kraft cardstock, I want truckloads of it.
This is so cute Andrea..love the bling hanging off of the sign, that's such a cute detail...
sorry I'm so late commenting, it's been a busy week..urgh!
hugs
Nanné
Such a beautiful holiday layout! I love the scalloped bling you added--looks like decorations hanging on a tree!
Beautiful Andrea!!
Very pretty page!
You could join me at the class, it's in Danville, and they guarantee you will have a finished quilt when it's over. It's march 8 th and 29th, and maybe one other day if needed.
No Cricut? I'm shocked!! LOL! And yet the page turned out stunning without any cuts from the Cricut!
Hope you had a great birthday! I'm sure your hubby spoiled you.
Post a Comment