Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blog Hopin' With Core and Stampendous!

If there's anything besides cardstock that us Designers enjoy with a full heart, it definitely is a BLOG HOP, and have we got a fabulous match up this week with a well known stamping company... STAMPENDOUS!  Do check it out because you won't be disappointed!


We love Stampendous and their products so make sure you do a few things for us while you are here this week.
1.) Like them on Facebook. AND 2.) Follow them on Pinterest. Oh and if you tweet, 3.) Follow them on Twitter here.
 
Soo, let me just tell you how excited I am to share with you my project!  It's all about Fall and if you already know me a bit, you will surely know how much I adore everything and anything pertaining to this time of the year and the rockin' season of Autumn!  For every holiday/season I like to decorate a Primitive tree that I have sitting in my bay window and for this Fall I decided I needed some extra seasonal embellishing and set out to create some cute vintage inspired pumpkins to add just the right touch to my tree. And for these pumpkins, I've envisioned some kind of chic typography, so how lucky to find the cool Autumn Words collage stamp from Stampendous! to use for this project!  
 
 

To begin, I selected a pumpkin image using the Damask Decor Cricut cartridge and I cut several shapes at both 6" and 7" using Tim Holtz & Ranger Adirondack Collection cardstock in Terra Cotta. After cutting out the pumpkins I then stamped each using the Autumn Words Cling stamp from Stamendous! using Tim Holtz Distress Ink from Ranger in Vintage Photo. I used Cinnamon sticks to create the pumpkin stems, for which I attached to the cardstock with Helmar's Craft & Hobby PVA Glue. Green hemp twine and natural jute were tied around each ornament to create the vines. I also created pumpkin leaves with some burlap. The cut out burlap leaf shapes were glued onto some green Core Essentials cardstock scraps using Fabric Stiffener Liquid from Aleene's. After cutting around each shape when dry, I then also sanded the edges a bit. Some extra burlap leaves were also cut out to be used without the stiffener. These, along with some Petaloo paper flowers were colored with some green Smooch Spritz and added to the pumpkins for added embellishing. To make a hanger for each ornament, I attached a mini clothespin to the back of each pumpkin with some Helmar ZapDots.  Here are some detail pictures to show you that cool typography style and embellishing a little bit better!
 
 
 
 
Now for more great Core'dinations and Stampendous! inspiration, keep on hopin' with the list of today's blogs:
 

26 comments:

Laurinda said...

Wow! That is very creative. Love it!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a FUN idea!! LOVE it!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Caryn S said...

This is a great tree! Love the embossing on your pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Andrea you always blow me away with your projects girl...this is gorgeous!!

Sue D said...

Great Autumn decor--love the pumpkins.

Miriam Prantner said...

So fun! Love all the details, the stamping on the pumpkins the burlap for the leaves, great project!

Sherry Butcher said...

Fun and Creative, love the extras like embossing the pumpkins, Cinnamon sticks for the pumpkin stems and hanger out of mini clothespin. TFS.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely amazing!

Barbara said...

This is so fantastic! You are one talented and creative lady. All the little details are perfect from the pumpkins to the burlap leaves and the lights. Fabulous decoration!!!!

Kim H said...

wow great project, the use of a primitive tree is a great idea for decorating for halloween. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amanda said...

This is fantastic! Luv-luv-luv it;) Thanx~prhmangel@gmail.com

Suzanne said...

love this Andrea!!! you are my shero..this is very creative mama! many hugs to you ;)

ellen s. said...

Amazing, girl!

Carol said...

Spooky fun, thanks for the inspiration!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Melinda Gleissner said...

Wow, this is so creative and such an undertaking!...I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Stampendous. This is so much fun.
Melinda (DT Member)

lynda said...

That is really a cool project. This is my 1st visit to your blog & noticed you've had some major losses. God bless you.

Andrea Amu said...

Thank you, Lynda!
And thanks for all the lovely comments, everyone!

Denise Bryant said...

Love this tree! What a fun project! The Autumn Words stamp is a favorite... adds a great look to the pumpkin!
DeniseB

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Fabulous tree for home decor!! Love it!

Karenladd said...

Oh my goodness, this project is incredible! LOVE all the details!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so amazing! I love all of the details, texture and elements. This is so creative.

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - love the colours, textures and dimension of your tree decorations!!!

Julie Shearer said...

Wow....this is so beautiful . Perfect for the Fall season. TFS .

wendyp said...

Andrea this is stunning! Love how you've used the background stamp for the pumpkins! The cinnamon sticks are such a fun touch and I'm sure it smells yummy too! Always love seeing your fall decorations!

StampendousGraphics said...

I have a feeling that photographs are completely unable to convey the wonder of this piece! It just looks astonishing! Thanks so much for playing with us this week and being a part of our Blog Hop!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGOSH, Andrea, your tree is absolutely stunning! I cannot tell you how much I LOVE it! And how fun that you decorate this little prim tree for every holiday! Your pumpkins are amazing! Love the text print stamping and love all the detailing. The cinnamon stick stems and burlap leaves are fabulous! LOVE!