My parents have collected Snowbabies for my niece since she was 3, so I had to get one of these for my girlie too!
I still can't believe that this is all we get. This is what celebrating Christmas with our babes amounts to. All we have are ornaments to gaze. I'm glad that we can buy these precious momentos, yet I'm sad and I'm mad because that's all it'll EVER be. I'm dealing better with my emotions this year, and I suppose it will get easier as the years go forward, but I don't know... I'm so "homesick" for my babies. I hope God hugs them extra tightly this year and showers them with these tears from earth as heavenly kisses!
Here's a picture with two more very special ornaments ...
The first porcelain angel was made by a wonderful lady who goes to our church, and she gave it to us last Christmas along with a glass "NOEL" candle votive. I was sooo touched by this woman's thoughtfulness! The second pewter one, "Merry Christmas From Heaven", I found locally at a country/primitive gift shop a few weeks ago. Tears welled up as I read this and the beautiful poem which accompanied this in the box. I'd like to add the poem here, but since it is copyrighted and I don't have permission from the author himself, I'll direct you to the site and you can read the poem there at - http://www.merrychristmasfromheaven.com/ -
If there is ONE lesson or good thing to be gained from losing my babies, it is that I am no longer afraid or scared of dying... ever! I know that I have my angels looking over me, and that whenever I am called to my eternal home, I have so much more to look forward to! This poem reminds me of that and now with this ornament, I will be reminded every year.
Merry Christmas to our two dear lil' ones, Baby Amu and Ava Noel!
We love you and miss you so much!






10 comments:
Andrea.. Sometimes words are so difficult to say because I sit here crying.. Not truly for sadness but because God has brought you to a place of peace and solace to know that He loves those babies so very much. And for the fact that you are not afraid to die, what a huge testimony for me to hear.. Because you are right.. We do not have anything to fear and even though I love God with all of my heart death has always made me stand still.. Lack of words... But I felt comforted today by what you have shared, of yourself, of your children, of your hearts and hurts too. And it is in that sharing that you have touched me..
Oh Andrea I think that is so wonderful that you are celebrating your children in such a special way. I think you are a very strong lady and you are so inspiring. I will say a special prayer just for your babes...God Bless and I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your sweet Mugi....I think wonderful things are to come for you, you are both such lovely, caring people and I'm sure that God has a very special plan for you. Happy Holidays Andrea!!!!
xxoo
Wendy
gosh you got me in tears sweetie.
Love the thought..love the ornaments and I hope you will find your baby white tree
It sounds super..
I hope you will have a wonderfull christmas.
love you hon
*big hugs*
You have me in tears girl. What a wonderful way to celebrate your children. You are blessed Andrea, eventhough it doesn't seem that way now...you truly are. I so second what Elizabeth said about not being afraid to die. The fact that you've found solace because you know you'll meet your babies again in the afterlife touches me more than you know. I pray for you and Mugi. I pray that you stay strong for one another esp in the upcoming months. Remember God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Like Wendy said, he has a very special plan for you indeed. IN my heart I know this Andrea...in my heart I know that y'all will be fully blessed in more ways than one. Thank you Andrea for coming into my life. :)
Oh Andrea! What a wonderful way to celebrate your babies.
You are definately a strong person. I wish I could give you a hug!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Oh andrea- what a beautiful tree and such lovely memories of your babies! Hugs.
You are an amazing woman, Andrea, growing in strength and courage every day. Your love has no boundaries and has wings. How do I know ? Because I feel it in my heart all the way over here in Australia so I know your babies are wrapped in it in heaven.
The words to the poem are beautiful ,I love the little ornaments and am sure you will find your little tree.
May you and Mugi have a wonderful, healthy and peaceful New Year.
Cheryl
Sorry...let me wipe the tears away so I can type.
oh Andrea. this is just a truly beautiful way to commererate your babies. What a wonderful idea. You amaze me with your strength and courage. So many peoplw would have given up on God, the future, or themselves...but not you! You are a truly amazing and inspiring woman. God bless you.
I admit I don't know what you are going through nor can I even imagine but I am grateful that you are able to find comfort in God.
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about you and Mugi and wonder how ya'll are doing. Ya'll are always in my heart and prayers.
Allison
Oh Andrea, I know how difficult it is to know that you'll only be able to celebrate your little ones in these small ways. I think your ornament idea is such a great one! And wasn't that lady sooo sweet who gave you the angel one. I don't think people understand how such a small gesture like that can mean so much.
I have that same Christmas in Heaven ornament from the first Christmas after my grandaddy passed away, and I came across it as we were moving in November. That poem is so special, and I can never read it with dry eyes.
I hope you continue to grow and heal through this, and I know that each day gets a little bit easier.
awww so sweet love tht you did that. I think it is awesome. I totally love that new pic of you too. Thanks so much girl for stopping by my blog and leaving a congrats. Please do come by and register at AMR. We would love to have that great personality and scrapper as a part of the site. Thanks again, and lovely post...so much heart
Post a Comment