Sunday, December 9, 2007

Disappointment and Decorations!


Where is the month going... already the 9th? Sheeesh!

This has been a down right shitty week for the most part. Well, Tues. and Wed. were pretty fun, so it wasn't all crap. Mugi had 2 days off in a row so we were able to escape for a little breather of a road trip for once. Friends of ours are now bar owners and they run a quaint lil' business in the Meadville area. They've been running their pub for almost 2 years now and we haven't been there to check it out yet, so finally we tredged through the snow, (of all times) to do so. Very nice place. Very reminiscent of, "Cheers"... ya know, where everyone knows your name! Of course I didn't take my camera along, and it would've been so nice to get some pix while it was decked out for the holidays. But we did get to eat some of their fabulous Barbeque Bourbon chicken wings... out of this world yummo! Sooo, we were at a bar, and did I have anything to drink? Wellll, "NO"! Why?..do you ask. Okay. Yes... I will confess [ We - are- trying - to -have - a -baby ]. I am letting the world know that we are finally to the point where we feel it is right to begin again. The slate is clean and we are ready to begin anew! But, onto more of all that later.

After having a good time with our friends at their establishment, we headed back to our hotel room for the night. On Wed. we checked out and had some lunch before heading back. On the way we were passing through Butler so we made a stop at one of my all time favorite PA scrapbook stores, The Scrapbook Super Station! Ohhh lord, I spent 2 hours in that place while Mugi took a lil' siesta in the car. They had soooo much there for me to touch and want... but I was a good girl and only spent a little over $30. I finally got some of the very chic {Note} Worthy that everyone's been using and I'd been admiring. We then stopped in Altoona at my parents and got to see the place decorated... I love going home to see all the decorations this time of year! My dad is such the decorator and he always has the place looking so perfect. We then had dinner with them at Cracker Barrel before heading the rest of the way home to our place.

Anyway, you all are probably wondering about the shitty part. The shitty part is that we were really hoping that this would be the month we would get positive news about a baby in our future and that we would be sharing that news with the rest of our family on Christmas Day, but now it has been confirmed that this will NOT be the month or the time. I'm sad about it... I've cried for 2 days. I've been trying to not let this frustrate me because that won't be good for my well-being, but after everything that has happened in our past, it's hard not to be uptight and worried. I just need to focus my thoughts on God that he knows what he is doing and that he will lead us faithfully down this next path. With all that said now, it's onto putting our energy into what lies ahead for us in 2008. I pray with all my heart that this is a wonderful year full of promise!

Thought I'd share a few photos here of some of my favorite Christmas decorations. I did take a very simplistic approach this year and didn't get out everything. Kinda thinking that less is more for once!

This is our very primitive looking pottery style nativity. It was a gift from my parents for our First Wedding Anniversary back in 2001. I love it!

Some of the other decorations I've been surrounding ourselves with this year deal with the "Noel" theme. Noel is Ava's middle name, so seeing Noel appear everywhere around us makes us feel as though she's a part of our holidays and that she's celebrating right along with us. It's now my favorite part of the details of Christmas!








Merry "Noel" to everyone!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the Christmas stuff such a feast for the eyes!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Andrea how did you get your personal photo so large on your blog? I've been trying and can't seem to get mine bigger!!!

Also, I love your decorations, I'd love that stool and that snowman too girlie!

Fink said...

I love your decorations! I am that God will make you happy when the time is right!

Jennifer Stewart said...

Hey Andrea. :)

I'm so glad you liked the Sticky Chicken recipe! It's hard to get it just right with the flour, so I'm glad it turned out well for you. I also wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry about you not getting your baby news this month. You and I are wanting the same thing and I had the same news this month as well. I'll pray for you that God would bring you a baby in His time. :)

Love,
Jennifer

Suzanne said...

Oh Andrea...so sorry to hear that. Don't give up girl...I know you won't and I wont let ya. God knows what's best...when I had my miscarriage, my consolation was that God knew what he was doing. Better news is near girl. Keep your chin up...and I'll be praying for yall. You're in my thoughts..hugs.

Linda said...

Love all the Christmas cheer. Hey girl, when the time is right, it will happen. Try not to think about it and just let it be.....I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers girl.

Kim Mraz said...

awww, prayers and love are being sent your way sweetie.

Love all of your magical holiday decorations.

Elizabeth said...

Okay so I admit I didn't read your post when I first came on. But I need to ask for your forgiveness Andrea... I am very sorry I did not stop to read first and then ask my question..

I am sorry. Sorry that your heart breaks about having a child. But you know as much as I will say it, God has the perfect plans for you both. And you are heard, God hears you. He loves you and those doors will open in the least way you expect it. I will be praying for you my friend.

And again, I am so sorry I was selfish and asking questions.

Anonymous said...

Awwwee...no pix of the bar. Dang it!!! Well, it sounds like you two had a good time. Much needed I'm sure.
I looove your decorations. So pretty, and I love your Noel theme that you are using. I know Ava is there watching over you.
Whooa! And, why am I the las tone to know about this news? I am so glad that you and Mugi have decided to try again...wooohooo!!! But yes, it will happen when the time is right...don't you hate it when people say that? Anyway, I will be honest I am scared and nervous. You have had a long journey to get to this point where you are. Girl, you know I will be here for you thruogh the happy and sad times. No matter what comes your way...I am here. Congratulations on making the decision!!! OOOh. can I call myself a soon-to-be-aunt?
Allison

Shelly Brewer said...

Love all the decorations...And hang in there girl...your day will come!

Stampin' Meg said...

Big hugs to you-I know how hard it is to want a baby and not have it happen as soon as wanted. It's kind of one those "let go and let God" situations.
Keep the faith and belssings to you and Mugi.Try not to let it get you so down because it truly is not in your hands for when it will happen. More hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!! I'm so glad your faith is strong. I love your decorations. HUGS!

Debbie Sherman said...

Andrea...saying a little prayer for that little one to come your way soon!

Debbie

scrappermimi said...

So sorry for your disappointing news, hopefully it will happen for you when the time is right!

It sounds like a great little trip, someday I hope to make it out to the Butler Superstore. I have heard great things about it!
Thanks for all the Christmas pics, great holiday inspiration!

Mireille said...

I wish I had the perfect things to say to you sweetheart
*big big hugs to you*
wished they would be "real" huggles