Thursday, November 29, 2007

Another Photo Shoot!

I've been keeping pretty busy this past week, but you know... tis' the season!

Hope that everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their family and friends. I know we did, despite the fact that there was something not quite right. I think we both realized (at the same time) on our drive to my brother's home for dinner. We were missing our Ava, who IS our blessing, but for whom we were feeling a terrible void because she wasn't going to be there with us to experience her first Thanksgiving meal. Would she have savored her first taste of the mashed pototoes? Or would she have gaged on them with every swallow, just like her mama did when I was a babe? Ughhh, to this day I still have trouble eating them! But, we both had a good cry and then we got on with the rest of our day, knowing that in the midst of not having her there with us physically, she was still very much a part of our celebration for Thanksgiving that day ... and she always will be!

Last Friday I had the opportunity to do another photo session for High School Senior portraits. It was a lot of fun for me, and I could see this as becoming quite the addicting stress "release" for me. I am by no means a professional when it comes to photography, but ever since I got my Nikon D40 last Christmas I've really been enjoying the process of learning the ropes.


It was pretty darn chilly on Friday, but we braved the elements to try and make some camera magic happen. For the most part, I think they all turned out really well. I hope the customer will be pleased with the end results, I'm anxious to see what he thinks about the pictures. I took 75 photos total, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites of the session here.





They're pretty good for a beginner, right? I'd like to know what you all think too!

Well, tomorrow is Friday, and the start of another weekend and the last month of the year 2007. Hard to believe. I'm sure most of you will have a lot of events coming up to prepare for. I still have a little bit more of the cookie baking to finish and I haven't even begun to do my Christmas shopping! I better get a move on ;) I did do my decorating the other day, and I'll try to post some pix real soon.

Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

Debbie Sherman said...

Great photos Andrea!

Staci Compher said...

great pics....I think my favorites are the last one, and the one on the cell phone....you really have an eye....., and I feel ya on the thanksgiving....feelings!!!

Kim Mraz said...

awww, you brought a tear to my eye Andrea...God bless your angels.

And you are one amazing photographer, really! What incredible shots you captured.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you know I am thinking of you and Mugi during this time and as Christmas nears. I pray for you two everyday and I pray that time will heal you or at least some part of you.
Ya rockin the pictures. Yea, I like the cell phone one too. They are ALL fabulous!!!
Allison

Shelly Brewer said...

oh...these turned out awesome...i seriously get jealous when kids have their senior pics taken by cool photographers like you! (and YES you are a photographer...and a good one!!!)

Stampin' Meg said...

Wow- Andrea- do want to come out to Calif. and do Ian's next year?!These are most excellent!

Mer said...

Wow....awesome photos! You did a terrific job! :)

Elizabeth said...

Andrea this are really good! I love the different poses. I really love the last 3 as the lighting is just perfect on his face and I like the settings too!! These are great and he's going to love them! Great job!

I am praying for you as always with the void you guys are feeling. I am sure that you know that God wanted Ava more with him, and you are finding peace but I know what it is like to have days where you are up and days where you are down. I am praying for steady days and trust to know that God knows the desires and will hear them from you both. Stay strong and bind yourself together as a family. You will be surprised how God answers!

Rachael said...

Your pics turned out beautifully!!

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Girl, you are an excellent photographer! I wish I were that good!

CJensen said...

Great photos!

Linda said...

Excellent photos...Great job. Just keep working at it. I bought a Cannon last year and I have been teaching myself "the ropes" and in the process done some really awesome stuff. It is just such a great way to be creative. Anyway, I totally love what you did with the HS pics. Beautiful

Brandy said...

great job with the photos!

Mireille said...

gosh andrea.. what a difficult moment.. I am so happy you find comfort within eachother.
I really really LOVE the pictures. Awesome!

Suzanne said...

Andrea, you know you are always in my thoughts. I know I keep saying this, but you guys will conceive again and you will have a little peanut to love for the rest of your beautiful lives.

Your photos are awesome girl!!! I absolutely love the one in front of the water...the lighting is perfect! Keep em coming!

DonnaSalazar said...

Great photos!

~D~

Fink said...

What great shots you took!

Anonymous said...

Darn good for a beginner! I am a beginner too there is a link from my blog to our photography blog.

janet said...

These are awesome pictures! Love the one by the waterfall...they are so great!