Saturday, February 2, 2008

I made somethin' today!

My Saturday didn't go completely wasted. I actually got off my lazy can and made a card today... and an Easter one at that! I woke up this morning with the sneezes, and thought that wasn't a good sign, so I stayed in bed for awhile longer. Needless to say, I've been using almost a whole box of tissues today and tonight I'll be taking Nyquil before I go off to bed... it can't get any worse because I've got food to prepare for tomorrow nite's SuperBowl matchup. I'm not at all thrilled about either two teams playing in it this year, but hey, it's always a great excuse for a party with good food! We'll be going to our friends' house, where we've gone for the past 3 years in a row. My guy has already given me my orders weeks ago that I'm to make my Country BBQ Pork Ribs (well, actually my mom's recipe)! Ohhh, and just so you know where I stand... I hope the Giants knock the living crap outta the Patriots :)


Okay, onto the card I made. The other week when my mom was in here visiting us,her and I went over to The Street of Shops in Lewisburg, which is one of our favorite places for antiques and all types of crafty treasures. So there I rummaged through a huge box of old vintage cards and I picked out 3 really cool ones that I decided would be really neat to give a revamp... make them into new greeting cards. Two of them are Valentines and the other is an Easter theme.
Here's the 2 Valentines...
(This one is a fold out card, and it didn't have a year on it... but I'm assuming it's from the 60's)

(And this one is a post-card... very unusual on a chipboard-like backing and made with velvet and ribbon with sculpted flowers and gilded heart... so pretty!) I may leave this one just so and put it in a frame. I couldn't find a year on this card either, and it wasn't sent through mail, so no postmark either.

Now here's the adorable Easter post-card and this one did have a date... it was postmarked from the year 1913! Yea...real old!



I also found these vintage floral ribbons and thought they'd be sweet for card making and on scrap pages...

And here's that Easter postcard that I translated into a card for today..

I used some of that golden yellow floral ribbon along with some baby blue stretch lace, a chipboard flourish that I painted and antiqued from Making Memories and {Note}Worthy paper too. I didn't want to adhere the backing of the vintage card to the "new" card, so I used photo corners to hold the post-card. Cute, eh? I'll be making more of these type cards!

And before I forget, I've been tagged by my ohh so talented friend, Allison!

Here it goes... (I'm making this part short and sweet).


FAVORITE SITES

* Most all are listed on my side-bar, along with

QVC.com ( where a good portion of our income goes...)

The Thrift Shop Romantic (My latest favorite blog site)

The Polka Dot Pixie (A second latest fav. blog site)

The Scarlet Lime (I don't subcribe... but I drool :)

Target.com (= all of what's left of dh's paychecks :)


CHALLENGE FAVES


Scrap My Scraps


GUILTY PLEASURES

*Sleeping in til noon :)

Mucho Mud-Slides or Pina Coladas from Applebee's :) :)


Babysitting Faves

* No need for any!


Creative Faves

* Way too many to name, but Allison would top it off I believe!


Clothing Faves

*Sweater and jeans... but I must wear my jewelry too!


Now I will tag...



and Stacy


Good night all! :)

13 comments:

Mireille said...

beautiful new projects!!!
love the soft feel of this =)

Aleta said...

That card is gorgeous! What a cool find! I've never thought to look for vintage cards. I will get the tag up later today :D

Shelly Brewer said...

I love that ribbon!!

Elizabeth said...

I love your card, it's gorgeous you rocked it! And the ribbons and such! Man when I come to visit you we're going to that store girlie!!!! LOL!

How cool is that!

vintage girl at heart said...

Yummy, that sounds good... BBQ ribs!
I hope you feel better with your sniffles.
Oh... congrats on your hmitm win!!! As always your page was personal and touching.

3 doxies said...

We're sick here too.
OMG...those cards are gorgrous...absolutely stunnung!!!! Love are your treasures you found. Thanks for doing the tag...I feel special, I am one of your favorite scrappers.

Suzanne said...

beautiful stuff girl! Love those cards and that floral ribbon is sooooo adorable!

Jenn Thorson said...

The imagery in those vintage cards is great-- and what history goes along with those Victorian postcards! The addition of the ribbon is a nice touch.

I have a bunch of Victorian postcards for various holidays I want to scan, and then print and decoupage onto wooden cards to become garland. I just need to get my act together and do it.

Wishing you most happy crafting!
-Jenn

vintage girl at heart said...

I get several of my magazines with Coke Points,my hubby travels and drinks it like crazy(he is bad) so he saves the points on the boxes and bottles and we use them on the Coke web and get about 5 free ones!!! Can't wait to see what you do creatively next!!!

Stampin' Meg said...

Ohhh love the vintage cards-I have a shoebox full that I love to look at

Anonymous said...

Andrea that is just the most darling card ever, I am going to post it at AMR!! That ribbon is to die for!!!

Anne Marie said...

Andrea, you did a fantastic job revamping that card! It's so cute with the flowers. What great finds!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the Chelsea Line!!!!