Monday, February 11, 2008

A Missed Photo Opp!

Ohhh my word. What a morning! I have always wondered if our smoke alarms went off while we were asleep...would I hear them and get up, or would I sleep through it? Got my answer and it's YES -- I sure did hear them! Sometime after 7:30 am this morning, we were lying in bed sleeping and I heard beeping. I kept listening, in my sleepy state and then quickly realized it was our smoke detector beeping. I sniffed the air and it smelled funky so I get up and open our bedroom door and see smoke billowing in our hallway. I open the front door of our apt. which leads to a stairway to our basement section where the washer and dryer and apt. furnace are all located and the smoke is even thicker. So Andrea goes into panic mode and dials up 911! All is okay though, so no worries, thankfully! Seems as though the furnace was in need of a good cleaning:) It was a scary hour or so this morning and I felt kinda sorry for chasing the Fire dept. here when there wasn't actually a fire, but it's like they say...better safe than sorry! So yep, that was my exciting missed photo opportunity for the day :)


Hope everyone had a great weekend. I thought it went rather quick... I spent all day Saturday scrapping away with the CHA In Spirit Day challenges over at the Pub on TwoPeas. I didn't do so bad... I managed to scrap 4 pages and 1 card. I even won one of the drive-by prizes (BG Mellow collection pack and chipboard)! I LOVE the Mellow collection too so I'm happy to be getting the entire pack now. Here's one of the pages I did from the day...

Still scrapping last year's Prom, and it'll soon be time for another. I guess my niece just ordered her dress this past week, and it's going to be RED! Hope there will be some new awesome red papers to play with :) Lol, my wheels are turning already and Prom's not even here!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Hey girl, haven't talked to you for awhile, thanks for stopping by my blog. I cannot believe that you had that kind of scare...wow, what a way to wake up, but I am so glad that everything was cool...

Oh and that lo, just gorgeous. RED????!!!! WOW she is going to be smokin!

vintage girl at heart said...

Love this layout!!! Don't ya just love these die cut papers??? That dress really pops in the layout too!! The red dress will be so much fun to do also... those were the good old days for us..hmm??
Scary about the furnace... glad that it was nothing more serious.
Charleston is so pretty and romantic too. You should pack up your hunny and take a little trip when you can!

Elizabeth said...

Now that's scary!! I always freak when ours goes off too!! Glad that everything is okay!

I love your layout as well, it's really cute!!! I know that she'll look beautiful in red and you'll find the perfect pp's too!!!

Hope your week is completely and utterly filled with joy!

3 doxies said...

Wait a minute...what about Charlston? The one in SC? ooooooh, I could meet you there.
Thank God it was nothing serious and you actually heard the fire alarm. That is soooo freaking SCARY!!!
Beautiful lo...as always. Love the Jenni Bowlin.

Andrea Amu said...

Allison, vintage girl at heart had posted some lovely photos of her trip to Charleston on her blog and I responded that I have never been there yet... but you can be sure that if I'm ever planning on going on vacation in that direction, I WILL be letting you know, Allison ;)

Lainey said...

It's never too early to plan ahead! Hope there's some red ones for ya! I'm really glad to hear that it wasn't an actual fire at your place! Whew.

Elizabeth said...

Andrea go check out my blog chickie!!!!! :)

Fink said...

I am so glad that you did call and make sure everything was okay. How scary is that!

Suzanne said...

omg girl! I'm glad that it was NOT a fire...and you're right, better safe than sorry! and OMG, what a pretty page you have there! Your neice looks like you girl!