Thursday, September 18, 2008

I LOVE the smell of new carpet!

We just had new carpet installed in the 3 bedrooms and in our sunroom today and it's all so fresh and plush on the feet! We chose the same color throughout all the rooms, "Champagne Truffle", a light mocha/tan. I also got all the painting completed on the walls late last night so now I finally have some time to relax and take a breather until we move the rest of the furniture in late next week that's currently in storage.

It's been a hectic and busy 2 weeks, but all so worth it. Bit by bit it's all starting to come together and feel like a real home for us! I don't have any photos to share right now because my camera battery needs recharged and I need to find the charger. I'll be sure to take some pix of the house soon though.

Nothing else much to report, except for one more tid-bit of excellent news for me, but I don't know for sure if I can share it yet, so I'll keep mumm for now! :D

I know I've been quite scarce, so I just wanted to check in quick and let you all know how the move's been progressing. We are SOOOO HAPPY in our house that's now ALL OURS! What a great thing!

On a last note, I just want to say that I've been thinking about and praying for Aleida Franklin's family and for Aleida's soul all week long. May her dear husband, children and all who loved Aleida find comfort in the days, months, and years ahead! I know she'll be missed like crazy!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Andrea! I can't wait to see the photos of your house! Hope you can post them soon!!
(I'll say some prayers too:-)

Staci Taylor said...

So glad you are in your house - congrats to you!! So exciting!! I can't wait to see photos and hear more exciting news!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! Congrats on your new home!!! and new carpet!! Woweeza!

Sorry to hear about your friend. her Sept 5 blog entry took me for a loop! She must have been an amazing Mom and scrapbooker. Her family will certainly cherish her scrapbooks.

vintage girl at heart said...

Oh so happy that you are nesting in your new HOME!!! It all sounds so rich in color and pretty!!
Please do share picswith us once you can!!
Can't wait to hear your good news too!
The news about Alieda was so sad. I was new to her work and her blog. Prayers for her little ones she left behind...

Linda Beeson said...

New carpet sounds pretty yummy! ENJOY!!!

Stampin' Meg said...

Enjoy your new home ,Andrea. What an exciting time in your life this is right now.

Mer said...

I'm so jealous...this house needs new carpet SO badly! :)

Elizabeth said...

I cannot wait to see your beautiful home! I know it's going to be so beautiful and truly yours as well!

Take that much needed breather girl!!!

Rachael said...

I can't wait to see pics and to hear your good news!!

vintage girl at heart said...

Andrea you are the winner of my giveaway!!! Just e mail me your address & I will send it to you!!
Congrats!!

wendyp said...

Congrats on the new house! Have fun decorating it and making it a home!!!

Mireille said...

yay for new carpet! Can't wait to see it! Curious cuz of your news..
sorry bout your friend!

Suzanne said...

cant wait to see the pics girl! I'm so excited for you! I know i've said it before, but there's nothing like owning your own place!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that your work in the house is going so well. Can't wait to see the pictures and find out about your good news. Have a great day.

Jen Martakis said...

I LOVE new carpet and fresh paint. How wonderful! Congrats!

And your surprise news....I can't wait to hear... :)

Anonymous said...

hey girl e mail me ur addy to vintagegirl65@aol.com and i will get ur magazine right into the mail!!! (before i lose it in this moving mess!!!)
sharron

Kristy said...

Yea for the new carpet! I'm so happy for you! THat's such a great feeling to make things "your own".

I can't wait to see photos!