Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cricut Calligraphy Collection cart... projects to share!

I am finally getting around to making a post for these assignments from CreativeXpress last month. I don't know where all the days are flying to because I find it hard to believe that we are already in the 5th month of the year! And it'll soon be Summer, officially, so I hope that it soon begins to act like Summer too. But not too stinkin' hot, lol!

So yes, this past month I got to work with the Calligraphy Collection cartridge from Cricut for my projects and found out that I love the fonts from this! There are also some really cute phrases and images perfect for cardmaking. I made two cards and one scrapbook layout, and here they are...

"Be Happy" card




"Hope" card




"Autumn Welcome"



Full intructions for how I put these projects together can be found over at CX's new blog!

I hope everyone had a special Mother's Day last Sunday, whether you celebrated with your own children, with your own mothers and perhaps Grandmothers too, or all of them! I know a special day like Mother's Day can be difficult for some as well... I know that I myself struggle a bit, but I still celebrate it because I enjoy spending the day with my own mom and grandmother. I also know that I am a mom to those angels of mine, even though they can't be with me here in the physical sense. I was surprised by a beautiful card that I got from my hubby and angels. I have the most thoughtful and sincere husband ever... I totally believe that! It was a great day... we also had a fun cook-out (although somewhat breezy), here at our place for mom and gram! It seems we've really been into the cook-outs and barbecuing on the grill since we just bought a new gas grill at the end of last month. Now it's hard to cook anything in the kitchen, lol!

Well, I need to get going and do something productive on my list. This weekend we are having a yard sale and there's still a lot to still get ready for it... can't wait til it's over and all the junk is gone... at least I hope!

11 comments:

Fink said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Stampin' Meg said...

I am so impressed that you got the little spindley font to cut-It's beautiful but NEVER works for me :::grrr::::

Julie Overby said...

Very cool layout and I love those cards too. Fantastic!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

OOh, Andrea, these are wonderful. Love how versatile the fonts are. Your layout is amazing!

Kim Sonksen said...

Those projects are awesome Andrea! I hear ya on the cute alphas

Elizabeth said...

Andrea I love your new projects! You really do rock with CX and each month they just get better and better girl!

I hope that you are well. I feel like we don't chat anymore but do know that I pray for you and think about you a lot girlie!

Have a blessed weekend my friend!

Staci Taylor said...

Absolutely gorgeous work, andrea! That LO is really stunning! Your hubby is the sweetest, i'm so glad you have him :-)

Mireille said...

oh wow!! gorgeous!! Glad to be "back" into the real world a lil and read your blog again...

scrappermimi said...

These cards are gorgeous, just gorgeous!

ellen s. said...

can you come show me how to work my cricut? lol. have you been to that LSS in winfield? i just stopped there the other day, i never knew it was there! we should do one of those friday night crops.

i saw your layout in MM. it took me awhile to read all the journaling through my tears. you are really amazing, you know.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects! I especially love the cards...so elegant!