Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bold and Simple GCD Studios Challenge!

I couldn't pass this challenge up considering that I had some wonderfully beautiful and BOLD GCD papers to work with from the "Cosette Collection". These paper designs also enhance any black and white photo perfectly! For this project I had a plain white photo mat from an older frame that I was using and I gave it a fresh bold new look by covering it with a piece of the "Simpicite" white and black damask print paper. I then layered this over my photo onto the larger print of the black and white "Elegant Floral" paper. I then used my Cricut to cut out the label frame, heart flourish and "One Love" title to add that extra touch of "simple", yet elegant embellishing pizazz!


The photo that I used in the framed layout here is one of myself that my hubby had taken while I was pregnant with Amelia. It is probably one of my favorite photos of me ever. I was around 14 weeks pregnant at the time and I was HUGE, but I absolutely loved the way I looked and felt! Good memories... and I'm so glad to have this photo and equally glad to have it displayed so pretty now too!

Well, I hope you all had a super fun and relaxing weekend... so hard to believe it's already through and now we'll be moving onto a new week. On Thursday we meet with a new High Risk Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist just to discuss various things that need discussed! We hope this will be a good meeting and that we can gain some insight as to what options lay ahead for us in our future endeavors... our quest to bring home a baby once and for all. Then I'm also really looking forward to Friday's crop that I'm going to where I'll finally be meeting up with the insanely awesome, Ellen... aka Howdee over at CMK! I don't often meet too many on-line scrappers, so I'm so excited to be scrapping and chatting with her this week....eeekkkk! Yipppeee! :D Hope everyone else has something fun to look forward to in your week as well... enjoy!

20 comments:

ellen s. said...

yeah for friday! you are so sweet to say that! LOL! i can't wait. and look at you, you bloggin' fool! i love it.

great job on the challenge, i love how you layered your title. i hope and pray thursday goes well for you! i think about you often.

Elizabeth said...

I love your frame and you're right, it's a gorgeous photo of you! Well at least I think so!!! :)

You rocked the challenge and I love how you always take your photos too!

Meeting up with Ellen is going to be so much fun girlie!! I cannot wait to hear all about it!

Elizabeth said...

Oh yeah and you'll be in my prayers for this week at the doctors. I pray that they know what they are talking about and will be helpful!

GCD Studios said...

This is beautiful. I love that you thought to make a frame :)

Staci Taylor said...

Wow, andrea, that frame (and photo!) is really gorgeous! I'll be thinking of you thursday and hoping the specialist is able to help you figure out how to move ahead and reach that baby goal!! SO jealous that you and ellen get to meet - wish I could join you girls!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!!!!

Rita S. said...

What a beautiful memory to scrap - and it is so pretty for display as well. Praying your meeting with the specialist goes well. HUGS!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Gorgeous black and white photo and frame. Hoping the meeting with your specialist goes really well.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

What a beautiful frame and the photo of you is gorgeous. ;) How exciting that you get to meet Ellen!!!

wendyp said...

Andrea this is stunning! Love the way you created the title and the photo is gorgeous!

You'll be in my thoughts Thursday at the doctors.

CJensen said...

Wow, beautiful layout Andrea! I love the eleganace of the black and white color scheme. Good luck with High Risk specialist, I will be praying that you get some positive answers.

HeatherC said...

Beautiful frame Andrea. And I hope your appointment goes well.

Teresa Loop said...

I followed the link to your blog from 2Pea's, wanted to see how to use my cuttlebug embossing folders =)

But I spent the remainder of my evening reading many of your other posts. I love how honestly and candidly you speak of your losses and suffering. I will be hoping and praying for the best possible information from your doctors appointment on Thursday.

Take care!
Teresa

Beth said...

I love your frame Andrea! Of course, I love everything you create!

I also hope & pray that you can at least get some answers from the doctor(s).

ellen s. said...

hey, how did the dr. go? what time does the crop start tonight? 7? can we get there early to set up and talk, LOL!!!!!!

Rachael said...

Hey, girl!!!
This is such a beautiful project and the picture of you is too!

What town do you live in again? We should try to meet up!! Have fun with Ellen!!

scrappermimi said...

This is so gorgeous! I just love the photo!

Lydia said...

pretty title work!!!

Fink said...

I hope all goes well with the specialist. That is a gorgeous frame! They black and white is what makes outstanding. You do look great!

Anonymous said...

girl!! your layout is beautiful and so are you!! I will keep you in my prayers while you visit the specialist that you will have some positive results!!! And I'm jealous that you get to meet an online scrappy buddy!! Did you and Ellen have fun?????