Saturday, August 1, 2009

Behind again...

I realized I never posted my project assignment for CX for the month of May, so I guess I'll do just that. Most of our assignments for this particular month were centered around the wood products available from Kaiser Craft. I picked the set of 3 mini books to do. I'll admit that these were the most difficult and technical project I've worked on so far at CX, but in the end, they did turn out pretty cute. The reason they were a bit technical is because the pages are individual and you have to bind them yourself to create the book. Oyy, I had some frustrations because my double sided tacky tape wasn't doing the trick, and I then discovered I should have binded them differently with strips of paper, but it was all good. Sometimes it's all about trial and error!

Since there were 3 of them in the set, I made one for each of my 3 angel babies and created each one very pink and girly using Swiss Dotted Bazzill (Pirouette) and Basic Grey's Bittersweet line. I also used lots of BG two toned rub-ons... I love them!

These are from Baby Amu's book...




and here are Ava's pages...

and then here are from Amelia's book...


These lil mini's are adorable though, and Kaiser even has a mini bookshelf that you can get to alter and display these mini books on. I think it would be cute to get 4 sets of these and make a mini dedicated to each month of the year... what a neat gift idea that would be!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Marie W said...

Beautiful!

Fink said...

what a great tribute to your angels!

ellen s. said...

these are beautiful! i know you will treasure them always.

Renee Lamb said...

oh Andrea those are precious! you did a great job on them despite the trial and errors!

Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous tribute and you rocked workin' it yet again! Even if they did give you a little trouble it was worth it! :)

Hope your week is blessed!

Beth said...

The most difficult tasks become the most rewarding! These turned out so beautiful!

Wendy Kwok said...

Beautiful albums. These are so precious!

Emily said...

So very sweet! They are great books. I made one for my angel as well and I cherish it...although it makes me sob each time I look at it.

wendyp said...

oh Andrea, what a beautiful tribute these little albums are. Beautifully done!

ellen s. said...

hey! i saw your card on the bobunny blog! congrats!