Monday, October 12, 2009

Been Meaning to Share...

I've been wanting to tell you that I'm on a new challenge blog's design team! It's a fun one for me because it also involves cooking, and I do like to play around in the kitchen every now and then! It's called Creative Cookbooking, and it's all about enjoying cooking and scrapping about our favorite foods and recipes and sharing them in the process. The challenges are terrific incentives to motivate you into creating a beautiful recipe album that can be passed along to the next generation in your family! I've always wanted to put together a recipe scrapbook, so these challenges are perfect to get me going! If any of you are interested we would love to have you join us... a new challenge is posted to the blog every week. Our first challenge was to scrap about a favorite soup and bread combo. The following pictures are of my Soup and Bread (All in One) layout that I made for our favorite French Onion Soup recipe. I played around with my new "From My Kitchen" Cricut cart. for the accents on here and then most of the product that I used is Fancy Pants... I can never have enough Fancy Pants!

Not much going on here today. It's Monday and it's cloudy out and COLD! I may have to actually turn on some heat today and I cringe at that thought! For now I just layered on the socks and an extra hoodie!
No plans today so I may just do some creating... or cleaning, but I prefer the creating! I think today maybe a great time to lounge and play with my new toy. Yes, I took the plunge and got myself a Gypsy when they launched them on HSN the other week. I've finally got it all registered and in sync and I did my first cuts with it the other night, and it was really easy... I like it awhole lot more and find it a ton more user friendly than I do the Design Studio, so I've made my mind up to keep it! Yep, today would be a great day to get all my carts linked to it I guess. Hope everyone has an enjoyable week... catch ya all later!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Andrea! This is so exciting. And I LOVE this layout. The way you did the cup of soup is so darn clever! Have a great day! ~Amy Tara~

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on making the team! I LOVE your layout, its really cute and creative girlie!!! And I'm going to try your recipe too! :)

Hope you are doing well, I was thinking about you just today! :)

ellen s. said...

you got a gypsie!!!!!!!!!
wait, first CONGRATS!!! wahoo...that is so cool and i love love love how you did the soup! so cool.

so what did you get at michaels? i have wind burn from the cold and wind tonight...at football from 4:30 to 8:30 frrrreeezing!

Tara Powell said...

Wow!! That layout is SO DARN cute!!!
I love your bowl of soup, genius!!

Have fun with your Gypsy!
:)
Tara

Karen Pinsonat said...

That is adorable! I love how you put the letters in the soup bowl!

vintage girl at heart said...

Hey there!!! You are so creative and busy!!!! I love the layout ((and recipes)) and I did not even know what a Gyspy was until I read your post!!!
You are so multi*talented when it comse to paper art!!! Always a treat to see what you've been busy with!!!

Emily said...

Wow! Super cute. What a great site. Congrats!

HeatherC said...

Love the Layout Andrea!!! And congrats on making the team!!

Wendy Kwok said...

I love this LO. the title popping from the bowl! What creative idea! Love it. I love cooking too. I am a Jamie Oliver fan! LOL

wendyp said...

Congratulations Andrea!!!!

LOVE your layout, esp the way you dunked those letters in the soup bowl...super CUTE!!!

Staci Taylor said...

First off, big congrats on your new DT, andrea... sounds awesome! Secondly, that layout is FANTASTIC!! How stinkin' creative is your title coming out of that soup cup?! Love it!

scrappermimi said...

Very big congrats on your new DT! I am so loving that LO...your title work is fabulous!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Congrats on the DT Andrea and I LOVE that LO--the title is awesome and all your details are gorgeous. And I love french onion soup--mmmm. Too bad it's been in the 100's still here lol but I'll save the recipe for winter :)

Stampin' Meg said...

So cute- I love the "ou" in the soup bowl!

Suzanne said...

i'm drooling girl,this is absolutely beautiful! makes me wanna scrap...i miss it so much! Time is not on my side these days. Hope you're doing well...miss ya. Hugs

Christine Meyer said...

Andrea-I'm loving all your work! Would you consider applying for the Practical Scrappers Design Team? E-mail me if you are interested - you would be a great candidate!
practicalscrappers@gmail.com
Christine

Grace Baxter said...

This layout is beautiful. You are very creative! Thank-you for sharing.

Kathleen Summers said...

Oh, now HOW AWESOME are the 'o' and 'U' in the cup!! Very clever and it looks awesome!!

Thanks for visitng my blog and for the sweet comment!

Sherry Wright said...

Wow Andrea, this is fab... love how you did the title!! Congrats on the new team, love the photo of you & dh below, lookin good. :)

Elizabeth said...

Gosh darn it. I am the world's worst email keeper.. Every time I think I have it, I find your number. And when I want your number I find the silly email! :)

I wanted to email you but don't have it... :(

I got this coupon thingy from this contest thingy I did right? I didn't win.. But... It is offering me and a friend to come for a weekend retreat for only 300, but if a friend comes then it's only 150 for each of us. I have this ticket I have to use before June and was wondering if you'd be interested in something like this...

Just email me, or call me girl!
carneys4christ@yahoo.com
e.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your new DT ! the layout is so much fun you did a wonderful job