Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An October Sketch at Imaginisce...

I haven't participated or followed along in any sketch challenges lately and I was kind of craving one, lol, if ya can call it that... a sketch craving!  So I happened upon a great one over at the Imaginisce blog the other day and decided to dig into some of my Fall Papers from the Imaginisce Apple Cider collection. 
It's a one page sketch, however I decided to make mine a 2 page layout... but only my first page follows the sketch...

Here's the original sketch for October from Cindy Stevens at Imaginisce...

And again... here's the first page of my layout that goes with the sketch...

And some close-up detail...

Here's the second half of the layout and some detail as well...


I totally love this Apple Cider line as much as I loved these fun Fall pix from last year!  Look at the gorgeous colors in the leaves... I soo wish they were as brightly colored this year too, but so far they aren't anywhere near as colorful!  Check out that fun leaf doily I used on here... cool, huh?!  I bought  those leaf shaped doilies at the Dollar Tree store can you believe!  I thought they were totally perfect for scrapping with and for making some Fallish cards.  I spritzed on some Glimmer Mist for extra color and shimmer, and I also used them on the layout background here as masks... creating a really cool almost tie-dye like effect to the layout.  Anyway, thanks for checking out my layout and before I go I thought I'd also share a card that I made with a leaf doily and a left-over scrap of Imaginisce...


Hope everyone is enjoying their Fall as much as I am!  :)

14 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

Fabulous take on the sketch--I love how you made it a 2 pager! And the card is gorgeous!

AngMomof3 said...

I TOTALLY get the "sketch craving". :) I have the same desire at times. We paper crafters are crazy! :)

Love the way you used the sketch. So unique! And a cute paper line, too.

Elizabeth said...

That's a gorgeous layout! I love fall so much too and you rocked the 2-pager! I love your card too!
e.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Awesome layout, Andrea. And you know that I love sketches, so ... adore that leaf napkin thingy .. will have to check out my Dollar Tree. Love those photos and all your details .. as usual .. gorgeous!

Debbie said...

Glad to see you post some work! Love those leaf doilies! You can't go wrong when working with Imaginisce.

Melissa said...

Great layout - I found you on two peas and now I'm a follower - I would love for you to check out my blog:

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Beth said...

Why is is that everyone else's Dollar Tree has much cooler stuff than ours??? How awesome are those leaf doily's & lovin' what you did with them on that cool 2 pager!

Our leaves this year are MUCH prettier than last, but they're starting to fall quickly now from lack of rain.

ellen s. said...

love how you made a two pager! and that leaf is awesome.

tell that lazy boy to get a rake ;)

Mel said...

Such a fun LO! I totally LOVE that card too....SO pretty!!

Murphy's Law said...

way to rock the sketch!!! and i just love imaginesce.

Samantha Hauzer said...

Love your take on the sketch. Great double page layout!

Leigh Penner said...

Great layout & card, Andrea! I love how you adapted the sketch to a two pager!

Staci Taylor said...

you've inspired me to do a two pager... gorgeous! love the card too :-)

Cindy S. said...

WOW! LEAF DOILIES!!?? who wouldda thunk it?? I have always been a fan of your stuff and this is another on my list of faves! TY for playing along with us! :)