Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just Call me Lazy!

Yep, that's why I haven't been updating my blog these past days.  I am just plain lazy.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol! That, and I'm tired and right now I'm sticky hot on this Memorial Day Weekend.  Today I went to a family picnic and now I'm at home catching up on laundry and prepping my 2 rocking chairs on my front porch to be repainted.  That's what I love about these extended holiday weekends... gives me the opportunity to do extra household chores and home projects that have been on hold for so long!  Ohh, and of course, being lazy and chowing down ice cream AND all the other favorite picnic foods ! ;)

So  this week I had a very heavy box delivered to my front door.  We are talking about 35 lbs. of heaviness... 35 lbs. of pure LOVE!  My first Core'dinations dt box arrived and it was overflowing with  cardstock.  I just couldn't believe my eyes, and tearing into that box, I felt just like a little kid on Christmas Day!  I've started creating some things with it too this week, mostly card designs. 
Most of them I can't really show just yet, but I'll share one card that I made using the Vintage Core collection, which is one of my favorite lines. 


This card also uses some yummy Sassafras papers and one of their chipboard flower accents.  And to you see the denim strip on there?  I rubbed some cute Studio Calico button rub-ons over it and added them to an old Creative Cafe diecut frame as well!  The sentiment is a Papertrey Ink stamp.

I also participated in a fun card kit swap this week at the Nook and here's a card that I put together to send along to my swap partner...



For this card I used up the remains of my Pink Paislee (House of Three) Daily Junque paper scraps, and the darling flower I created using the Cricut Give a Hoot cartridge.

So that's all I have for this time, but I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  We don't have much at all planned for tomorrow but we'll probably hang out with some friends at their camp-site... and maybe I'll even have some more ice cream!  ;)  Perfect plan!

13 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

they are of course both gorgeous, but I LOVE the colors in the first and the rub ons on the denim is brilliant! have a fun and relaxing rest of your weekend :)

Kim said...

these are just gorgeous I adore the photo effects yo u have created adds to the lovely over all feel to your cards

dstandard said...

Beautiful cards!

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like you've been having a wonderful holiday weekend, Andrea! Sure is nice to have that extra day, isn't it? :)
Love your cards! That denim strip with the rub-ons is fabulous and I love the flower with the twine wrap. Gorgeous use of your scraps on the Daily Junque card, too. I so love that line. Fabulous flower there and wonderful sentiment.
So happy for you about the Core team! Enjoy that 35 lb box of goodies.

Sherry C said...

I wouldn't call you lazy, those cards are AMAZING!! Such beautiful color combos and so many gorgeous details! Love the rub-ons on the denim.

Connie Mercer said...

love the cards~you really rock the cards!!!

Beth said...

First, I wouldn't call you lazy when it's been so stinkin hot & humid or so cloudy, you just can't get motivated to do anything.

And....CA-YUTE cards!! I'd be acting like a kid on Christmas morning if I got a box in the mail that weighed 35 pounds full of paper goodness!! Yeow!!

Elizabeth said...

Andrea hello friend!

I love your cards and I can totally relate to getting a huge box and having it feel like Christmas! I am SO excited for you!!! I love your cards you are rockin' that cardstock girl! It's a perfect fit!

Hoping that you are well! I am glad that your weekend was relaxing and that you really had time to just be!

Have a wonderful weekend friend!
e.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

aw you are sooo lucky!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the Core'dinations! I love the denim on that first card - incredible work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cards Andrea!!! I wish I could rock the cards like you do!

LG said...

Sorry if I wasn't able to leave comments on your blog lately. I always drop by tho.

I have been quite busy with work and Hannah going back to school next week. But thank you for always dropping by at my blog and leaving those lovely comments. It always made my day.

Those cards are so gorgeous

ellen s. said...

your lazy again, LOL! ;) just kidding!!! :):):)

Anonymous said...

wow your cards are so beautiful , love that they are bright and fun :) you are super clever ! new follower here !! HI