First off, all week long on the Core'dinations blog, we've paired up with the most fabulous company, and a personal favorite of mine too... BASIC GREY! I can never have enough BG collections, and the same goes for the awesome Core'dinations cardstock offered in Basic Grey patterns now too!
If you haven’t heard, we have a BasicGrey Core Impressions line that we just LOVE! There are TWO Core Impression packs in this line that are fabulous. The Whimsy Collection is full of bright colors and whimsical patterns that match BasicGrey papers and embellishments. And the Ornate Collection has beautiful blues, greens and pinks that coordinate with BasicGrey papers and embellishments as well. You will be seeing both of these collections in action this week along with LOADS of BasicGrey goodies, too!
Each pack has FOUR embossed patterns in FIVE colors totaling 20 unique sheets and we sell certain sheets individually as well.
And you know it wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t have a giveaway! We are giving away one of EACH of our BasicGrey Core Impressions lines!!!
You have a few ways to win this week.
1.) Leave a comment here on the Core blog all week long! Leave a comment everyday for up to FIVE chances to win!
2.) Head over to our Facebook page for another chance to win!
3.) Make your way over the BasicGrey blog for additionial chances to win, too!
4.) And hurry over to the Facebook page, too! Tell them we sent you!
Now are you ready for some inspiration? Don’t forget to click HERE to get see the gorgeous projects over at the BG Blog and more chances to win win win!
Today was the final day of the swap, and I was pleased to have had two of my holiday layouts showcased using Basic Grey's super cool Nordic Holiday collection!
This first layout is pretty and festive... using some more traditional holiday prints included in the Nordic Holiday line, such as the red and green pointsettia pattern. I paired it all with some floral embossed green cardstock from the Basic Grey Ornate Core Impressions line and green and white Core Essentials. Punched border detailing really helps to define the backround texture of the cardstock!
(Click on pictures to view larger)
Then, I also created the following page, which also leads me to another fun announcement!
To create this page, I followed an awesome layout sketch for Dec. 9th from the Stuck On U Sketches (SOUS) challenge blog. This sketch design was created by their own designer, Sandi Clarkson.
And, I can now announce that I am a new design team member at SOUS! I am very happy to be joining this fun site with such a great group of talented ladies! Looking forward to designing with many, many more inspirational sketches in the weeks and months ahead!
Here are some more details of this holiday page...
I used the BG Ornate Core Impressions in the Olive Cornbread pattern. I painted on some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze within the embossed areas to give the cardstock a different look and then I also sprayed on some Glimmer Mist. This all gave the olive toned cardstock a more golden and glitzy, festive look. I also used May Arts ribbons here... that chevron patterned ribbon is thee coolest and the red really gives a cheerful punch. The stitched brad and fun feltie ornament sticker embellies are also all part of the Nordic Holiday line! Finally, I used the Paper Lace 2 Cricut cart to cut out the pretty ornate circular background diecut. I really do love this page and have decided to frame it and gift it to my mom this Christmas. I know she'll love it just as much as I do!
Before I go, I just wanted to thank everyone who has voted for my cards in the Card Sharks challenge at the Nook! I appreciate the votes and comments so much. There is also a little more time left to vote if you can... I believe voting closes at 9am PST Saturday morning (Dec. 10th).
Have a terrific and fun-filled weekend! ;)








11 comments:
gorgeous creations and I love your take on the sketch!!!
WAY TO GO Andrea they are lucky to have such awesome talent
WELCOME Andrea! looking forward to see more of your stuff. Love your take on the sketch (your mom has a look-alike in Norway btw - my friends mom LOL)
You have just the right balance of colour, print and texture on your layouts, Andrea. Fabulous!!
Andrea your projects are amazing! You always rock the BG and also how much detail you put into each of your projects amazes me!!!!!
I hope that you are doing well! I imagine your house is as festive as it is in October and that you are smiling every day!!!!! Hoping that your week goes wonderfully!!
e.
OK, you have to know that the first spread is just freaking awesome, as simple as it is, you've used the papers to pure perfection together!! I haven't seen the new BG stuff...(for shame!) but I love what you did with it, along with that gorgeous Core'dinations cardstock!! I really like the 2nd page too, I like your choice of the "circular" shape!
It's really amazing work, I am inspired by your work and obviously this blog Great
exclusive yacht
.
I love both layouts! The 2 pager is amazing and the shape you created for your take on the sketch is so cool! Congrats on the DT! You rock!! :)
Wow Andrea these layouts are gorgeous!!!!!
Congrats on the new DT!
Have a wonderful holiday!
Those are both gorgeous, Andrea!! And big congrats on your new DT news - so well deserved! How fun that you got to pair up with BG, I know you enjoyed that one :-)
What gorgeous layouts, Andrea! Love BG, and that is my most favorite Core paper. You did such an amazing job. Love the 2-pager! So much awesome detail. And wow, did you ever rock that sketch. LOVE what you did with the sweet trim.
Congratulations on your new design team gig! What happy news!! I'm so very excited for you!
Post a Comment