It's time for the My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge #31, and I decided to be last minute again, because the date crept up on me! But I did really love the sketch and had a plan of what photo I wanted to use so I just went with it!
My niece Lera just got engaged on August 28th of this past year, and I had the honor of taking her engagement photos! This is my first layout with the photos I took... this one with a picture of her new engagement ring! For the MME challenge we were to follow the sketch and use the theme "New" within the page. So here's the sketch photo followed by my take, "Newly Engaged"...
(Please Click on Photo to view larger).
I did turn the sketch on it's side so that I could use a horizontal photo. I used some MME embossed Core'dinations cardstock here as my background and then I also combined papers from the older Meadow Lark line with the newer Love Me collection! A variety of Cricut cartridges were used for this too, including, Elegant Edges, Wall Decor and More, Sweethearts and Lyrical Letters.
I'll share with you some close-up details as well!
That's all I have to show for this post... like I said... last minute, in the nick of time, lol! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great week ahead! ;)








14 comments:
This is fabulous girl! Love it! Awesome job with the challenge!
This is beautiful, Andrea! Love how you rotated that sketch to work for your photo. The embossed background is fabulous, and I adore the cuts..especially that sweet wedding ring. FAB!
What a great shot of the ring! The page is so pretty with all the swirls and the clockface - cute touch. I LOVE that Core'dinations background paper! So cool!
So beautiful! Great job with the photo and the stunning take on the sketch!
Wow, this layout is absolutely stunning! I love how you embellished the layout around such a special photo. I am sure this layout will be treasured for many years to come!
Good luck with the challenge! Your layout is a winner!
Andrea-
What is your e-mail address? I want to ask your advice about submitting to publications. I know you have tons of experience in this area! :)
Thanks!
Amy
this is gorgeous, Andrea!! Love the ring;) fabulous take on the sketch too!
What a great LO! I love your take on the sketch!
Fantastic Andrea! I just played with this line of papers..so fun. This is beautiful!
This is gorgeous Andrea!!!! I love how you worked the sketch and made it your own. The colors are wonderful and what a blessing your took Lera's engagement photos too, they are wonderful!
Hope you are well friend, I think of you all the time!
e.
Your layout is so awesome, i love all the details on it. you are so good.
Im your newest follower. Hope you'll get a chance to visit mine. Thanks for sharing.
sherie
sltbywm.blogspot.com
such a beautiful page andrea, what a gorgeous pic too!
Beautiful layout :)
Fab page & a great memory too xx
Post a Comment